Unrelated ?'s on racks and tight pants...

Options

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options

why do you need to use the rack for deadlifts? I really don't get that. There is no benefit to using the rack for them. or for pendlay rows or for OHP. I can see using it if you're pushing your Bench to the max without a spotter. And for squats. And good mornings. But i really see no reason to use the rack other than for safety.

For deadlifts: Because its a bloody pain in the *kitten* getting the plates on and off. If no-one is using it and no-one is waiting for it what business is it of anyone's?

Also, one of my warm up weights is less than 135lb and I am not about to use bumper plates if I can help it as it affects the stability of the bar and they are also a pain in the *kitten*.

Also, for rows...what about if your sets are less than 135lb also?

Plus, I am not about to risk trying to clean the bar up for OHP at the weight I do my working set.

Oh, but I do go commando so I have no wedgie issue.

That's funny. I had no idea people could OHP weights they couldn't clean.

I am willing to concede there may be a time that the squat rack is a good place to rack your OHP, but I still think the PT in the hypothetical was being a douche.

I *could* clean it, but I am not about to try an eff my back up with a weight heavier than I am comfortable doing so with.

I agree though, the the PT in the hypothetical was.

IMO, I can do what I want in the squat rack as long as I am not being a d!ck about it. If no-one is waiting, why does anyone care. If someone is waiting, I can either work in or load my deads outside the rack.

I agree. It's the if someone else is waiting part that changes how I feel about it.

Also, just sayin', you are one person whose opinion I hold in high regard so I will consider myself schooled....

I still don't care if OP thinks I'm an *kitten* :)

I don't think you are an *kitten*!!! :flowerforyou:
  • CorvusCorax77
    CorvusCorax77 Posts: 2,536 Member
    Options
    Underwear protects against a snail trail situation.

What is this you speak of? Please elaborate.

Please just read the thread before you ask. It has been elaborated on.

For the record: I also don't have an issue with women who don't need to wear undies, just an issue with me being called "gross" because I am making an effort to keep my vaginal secretions in my panties and not smeared on the gym equipment.

I ovulate like a mother****er!
  • ChristiH4000
    ChristiH4000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I wear my knickers under yoga pants because I have an irrational fear of being "pantsed" at the gym. Who would do that? Well, I wouldn't know until it happened, would I? Then my butt would be bared for all to see and I would die. Can't have that.
  • wikitbikit
    wikitbikit Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I wear my knickers under yoga pants because I have an irrational fear of being "pantsed" at the gym. Who would do that? Well, I wouldn't know until it happened, would I? Then my butt would be bared for all to see and I would die. Can't have that.
    Dying at the gym could ruin an otherwise quite delightful day, I would imagine.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    Underwear should NEVER under ANY circumstance be wore under spandex or tight pants in general. I don't get this practice at all. Ew.

It's a good thing I don't care what other people think :)

pretty much this exactly. i dont' care if you can see the undies, i don't care about VPL... i sweat... a LOT... that's kind of why i'm there, but i hate standing up and having to wipe the seat an extra three times to get rid of the crotch sweat. if my VPL bothers you... i don't care. i do care for an additional layer of wicking.
  • Cognito1025
    Cognito1025 Posts: 323 Member
    Options

Bwahahaha!
  • Cognito1025
    Options
    NOOOOOOOO! Don't let it die!!!!
  • MeMyCatsandI
    MeMyCatsandI Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    NOOOOOOOO! Don't let it die!!!!
    It's time for you to say something offensive!
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options

Secondly, to the ladies: What's the deal with undies under yoga pants/spandex/etc? Perpetual wedgie is not a good look....

I dunno about the rest of it but you bet your *kitten* I'm wearing undies with my yoga pants/spandex etc. That *kitten* is see-through when you bend over!!!!!!! :noway:

(waggling finger) annnnnd all you ladies who are considering going sans panties...for the love of all that is holy, just DON'T.:huh:
    Did you all forget the gym member known only as Vagonion??????? :laugh:
  • Cognito1025
    Options

Secondly, to the ladies: What's the deal with undies under yoga pants/spandex/etc? Perpetual wedgie is not a good look....

I dunno about the rest of it but you bet your *kitten* I'm wearing undies with my yoga pants/spandex etc. That *kitten* is see-through when you bend over!!!!!!! :noway:

(waggling finger) annnnnd all you ladies who are considering going sans panties...for the love of all that is holy, just DON'T.:huh:

Said the lady with the hairless pu$$y in her profile pic! Oh, such sweet irony! That's twice today I've worked this reference into a comment...
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options

Said the lady with the hairless pu$$y in her profile pic! Oh, such sweet irony! That's twice today I've worked this reference into a comment...

lmao
  • ddeleonm09
    ddeleonm09 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Color me silly,but I didn't know underwear lines were a abomination. Now.. I do wear seamless underwear that don't move, but there's no way I'm wearing a thong to the gym to sweat that much. I'm a nurse, and I remember right after the "thong song" came out we saw a HUGE increase in vaginal infections.. you asked. I told you. That thin piece of fabric moving forward and backwards during intense workout is ecoli infestation waiting to happen. This real life. Go commando if you like as long as you don't sweat through your pants, I've seen it, it's pretty gnarly.

Squats happen in the squat rack. The end. Exceptions are made for max weight with no spotter but courtesy is a must.

^^Yes, exactly!
  • wildcatnyc
    wildcatnyc Posts: 2,410 Member
    Options
    As far as underwear goes, you'll be pleased to know I never wear underwear at the gym. :laugh: I've actually noticed a lot of yoga pants are kind of see-through. So unless you want everyone to see your pink and purple polka dotted panties through your black yoga pants....just don't wear any.

I'd rather see panties than someone's *kitten* crack...high quality yoga pants that fit correctly will not be see-through.
  • hookilau
    hookilau Posts: 3,134 Member
    Options
    annnnnd the hairless kitty's name is Yum Yum. :blushing:
    you're welcome :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Cognito1025
    Options
    As far as underwear goes, you'll be pleased to know I never wear underwear at the gym. :laugh: I've actually noticed a lot of yoga pants are kind of see-through. So unless you want everyone to see your pink and purple polka dotted panties through your black yoga pants....just don't wear any.

I'd rather see panties than someone's *kitten* crack...high quality yoga pants that fit correctly will not be see-through.

I disagree, I'd rather see *kitten* crack.
  • dstromley1
    dstromley1 Posts: 165
    Options
    i second that
  • heather86RN
    Options
    Wow, I never heard so much talk about underwear!:noway:
  • raegan1215
    Options
    i took a poll at my hot yoga class tonight. of the 14 people i asked, nobody was wearing underwear. i wasn't either so 15-0 for team commando.
  • kamiAK
    kamiAK Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    rolls eyes~
  • Cognito1025
    Options
    i took a poll at my hot yoga class tonight. of the 14 people i asked, nobody was wearing underwear. i wasn't either so 15-0 for team commando.

You're my hero...