89lbs down & going! With PICS

Options
mrs_joshica
mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
I'm so excited for what this journey has brought me. I've lost a lot of weight, and I have a lot more to go. Those of you who are like me, in the 100+lb to lose club, be excited, this journey is worth it. Although I've lost a lot of weight, I've gained a lot of confidence, strength, love of myself (not selfish love, but love for me) as well as a lot more belief in the fact that I can do this!!

I started my journey at about 385lbs! I wouldn't tell anyone that, in fact, I avoided the scale like it was the plague, and didn't know how big I had gotten for a long long time! I would not take full body pics, at that time, because I was so self conscious of my body and body image! But here is one of my heavier pics I'd like to share w/ you at about 385lbs in a size 30/32. Don't be deceived, I'm 5' 11" and I hide my weight very well, notice I am behind my daughter, which is the only way I'd have remotely taken this picture LOL

Heaviestknownpicture.jpg

I was trying desperately to find things that made me happy. Even my deep love of God could not cover the fact that I was very unhappy with my body and health.

I can't lie and say this is when I decided to get up and do something about my health, because this is NOT. When. I moved from the city I lived in & obtained a different position is where it REALLY started happening. Due to this position, hours, and location it caused me to lose weight. Seemingly within the year I wasn't trying to, I lost over 45 lbs. It was this incident that caused me to realize, "HEY, I'm losing weight, and I like it!" For the first time in a very long time I was losing weight and not failing at it! And what is more strange, I wasn't even trying. So I hopped on a scale, got my official weigh-in @ 340 and began to set sail on this weight loss journey.

At the time I was around 340lbs, and I was serious about helping this weight loss along. I found myfitnesspal, a great group of people who were also losing or had lost weight, and a new found encouragement to see this thing through.
mefatface.jpg
MeHeavier.jpg

Although I have not met my ultimate goals yet, I am almost 90lbs lighter, healthier, happier, and loving the skin I'm in. Sometimes it gets tough when you have more than 100lbs to lose b/c great milestones like a 10lb loss don't seem to affect you the way they affect those who don't have as much as you have to lose. You can lose 50 lbs and you wake up realize, "hey, I'm still big", lol. These are the things that can sting sometimes when you've got a lot to lose. Let me encourage you, that all of those baby steps; every single one of those .2 lbs, 2lbs, etc., all add up. Whenever you feel like giving up, look how far you've come, and think of how much you've accomplished, even if it doesn't seem like a lot, isn't it enough that you don't want to do it twice?

To those who have more than 100lbs to lose and are skeptical of even starting this journey because you feel that it will take too long, let me encourage you, time goes so fast! Even if it takes you 2 years do this, you can chose either in two years to be done, or to still have only a desire to want to do this with no progress. So with that said, here are some of my before/after pics. The final one being the most recent. Too all my MFP pals who stuck around when even I had given up, thanks!

I guess I should add, I do VLOG, you are welcome to watch, I decided to VLOG b/c I wanted to watch the miraculous changes of my losses in a video the way I had seen so many others do it. I probably VLOG about 1x a week, and I'm just candid, honest, and if I gained, I say so, If I've not, I say that too. https://www.youtube.com/user/mrsjoshica?feature=mhee

My first picture I could see my face getting smaller
Smallerface.jpg

Me at about my first "size-down"
IMAG0816.jpg

Latest picture
IMAG1492.jpg

Replies

• jon_brady
    jon_brady Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    awesome success keep it up
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing! You are doing so good. Keep it up. Loved reading your story! True inspiration =) You've got this and I'm sure you are encouraging many others by sharing!
  • bassls
    bassls Posts: 5
    Options
    congrats keep up the good work!!!!high five
  • halips
    halips Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Fantastic job! Keep up the hard work!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Very nice! Congrats!
  • StephanitelyD
    Options
    So excited for you! I've got more than 100 to go as well. I'll be watching your progress and cheering you on. Hope you will do the same for me!

Congrats!

Steph
  • aprilkats
    aprilkats Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You look so beautiful!
    Congrats on your hard work and dedication! You keep it going!
  • jamieeas
    jamieeas Posts: 21
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. It's so inspirational. I topped out at 314 myself. I'm down 60 and still have over 100 to lose and sometimes I get frustrated. I still have a whole person to lose...but I still eat right, work out, and don't lose focus. Your story helps. Thank you!
  • seedawg23
    seedawg23 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!!! You are doing your thing. Keep shooting for your goal.
  • lorihalsted
    lorihalsted Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Keep going!!!! You are doing great and doing it the right way for the right reasons. :wink:
  • Marefr
    Marefr Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Keep us up to date with photos as the months go on!
  • Cherp18
    Cherp18 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Wow! Impressive changes! Great changes, you look wonderful :flowerforyou:

Keep up the good work!
  • mindygeske
    mindygeske Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! <3 Good job! :)
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. It's so inspirational. I topped out at 314 myself. I'm down 60 and still have over 100 to lose and sometimes I get frustrated. I still have a whole person to lose...but I still eat right, work out, and don't lose focus. Your story helps. Thank you!

I so feel your pain! LOL Like I said, if you have 100+ to lose you can lost 50 and realize how much you have to go, but what I've learned to do is focus in the "now accomplishments". Although my major goal is to be 150, I celebrate every single milestone I hit as though it was the main goal, b/c if not, you can easily become discouraged and overwhelmed at how much you've got left, versus how far you come. 60lbs!! WD SISTER, and keep up the great work!
  • DistantJ
    DistantJ Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB! Wow what a difference! :drinker:
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    You are beautiful. You look so joyful and happy regardless of size. Congratulations on your success, I hope you reach your goal.
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    So excited for you! I've got more than 100 to go as well. I'll be watching your progress and cheering you on. Hope you will do the same for me!

Congrats!

Steph

I most certainly will, feel free to add me, and I also keep a Vlog of my progress on https://www.youtube.com/user/mrsjoshica?feature=mhee I'm quite candid about loss, gain, and just my feelings. Looking forward to adding you Steph!
  • hdkerr
    hdkerr Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    It means a lot that you want to encourage other people with your fantastic success. I completely agree--time goes by whether you are accomplishing your dreams or not. Why not take advantage of that time?

You are awesome. Keep it up!
  • MarshaMole
    MarshaMole Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Awesome Job!
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Your success is so inspiring. I love what you wrote, your honesty and positive attitude have really touched me. You are definitely encouraging anyone who reads your story, me included!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!