Replies

• Hearts_2015
    Hearts_2015 Posts: 12,031 Member
    Options
    Super job!! You've come so far:flowerforyou:
  • rossmy1
    rossmy1 Posts: 17
    Options
    You look mahhh-velous!! I love the natrual hair-doo. Congratulations on the weight loss and reaching your goals!! :happy:
  • pe4sandra
    pe4sandra Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Your words and your actions will be in my mind when I get those moments of weakness. It's about moving forward - one step at a time.
  • funsmile1234
    funsmile1234 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! What you said was so beautiful and so true. It does feel good when you've made huge strides and when you have a lot of weight to lose it does take time but I love how you spoke about it because change is really up to you and time does go by fast. I started off at around your weight and have been at the plan for a little over a year and I'm about halfway there. I believe that with God's help and a drive and determination to make lasting change, anything in your life is possible. And your pics are great! I can tell you're a beautiful woman inside and out!
  • mrs_joshica
    mrs_joshica Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    TY All :) Please feel free to add me, I do log in MFP daily, and some days w/ a tight work schedule and a serious need to get these work-outs in no matter what I may or may not talk, but I do try to get on and comment on my friends losses, and work-outs, and hopefully this keeps them encouraged. Would love to see new faces added to my "List of the Triumphant"!
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    Congratulations! What you said was so beautiful and so true. It does feel good when you've made huge strides and when you have a lot of weight to lose it does take time but I love how you spoke about it because change is really up to you and time does go by fast. I started off at around your weight and have been at the plan for a little over a year and I'm about halfway there. I believe that with God's help and a drive and determination to make lasting change, anything in your life is possible. And your pics are great! I can tell you're a beautiful woman inside and out!

You hit the nail on the head there. God is the drive in everything I do! Trust me, He salvaged me from a bitter wasteland called "self"
  • nel0311
    nel0311 Posts: 248
    Options
    nice work!! keep at it!
  • lovinmyselfagain
    lovinmyselfagain Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You are doing fabulous!
  • CathyMW813
    CathyMW813 Posts: 23 Member
    Options

You can lose 50 lbs and you wake up realize, "hey, I'm still big", lol. These are the things that can sting sometimes when you've got a lot to lose. Let me encourage you, that all of those baby steps; every single one of those .2 lbs, 2lbs, etc., all add up. Whenever you feel like giving up, look how far you've come, and think of how much you've accomplished, even if it doesn't seem like a lot, isn't it enough that you don't want to do it twice?

Even if it takes you 2 years do this, you can chose either in two years to be done, or to still have only a desire to want to do this with no progress.

I feel like I am slowing down in my weight loss--and still have so far to go. What you have to say is very encouraging! Thanks for the inspiration! And congrats on what you have accomplished.
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    I feel like I am slowing down in my weight loss--and still have so far to go. What you have to say is very encouraging! Thanks for the inspiration! And congrats on what you have accomplished.
    [/quote]

TY & Keep pushing Cathy! We all hit those stall-out moments, and as much as they suck, its the very time we need to reflect on what we are doing, analyze our situations, and regroup. Too often do we use "the stall" as a means to give up, rather than continue on, so I applaud your efforts for continuing past your stall/crawl. What has helped me, b/c I've hit 3 plateaus now, and BOY do they SUCK, LOL. 1) make sure your diet is on point. 2) Make sure that you are changing up your routine, sometimes your body is bored, and believe it or not, has become accustomed to your routine, and can get through it easily without expending the calories that it used to before. 3) Pace yourself, because in weight loss, slow and steady really does win the race, b/c in the end, if you did something you couldn't live w/ to lose it, you won't keep it off. You may just be at a point where you are actually dropping inches, look at the fit of your clothes, feel out how much energy you have. Gauge more than the scale ;)

I'm proud of you, and I know you can do this!
  • asiadaysia
    Options
    I am a member of the 100+ lbs club and found your post very inspirational. You touched on alot of insecurities I deal with, one being the pic with your daughter. I also hide behind people in pics and if you go to my face book page u will not see a full body pic. lol. Truly Blessed by Your Story!!!
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    I am a member of the 100+ lbs club and found your post very inspirational. You touched on alot of insecurities I deal with, one being the pic with your daughter. I also hide behind people in pics and if you go to my face book page u will not see a full body pic. lol. Truly Blessed by Your Story!!!

You know what helped me, I hate to say it & friends think I'm nuts, but looking in the mirror, naked, and taking in some deep reality helps, especially when I want to give up. You can do this! And start taking a few pics of just you, after all, if you don't, there will be no "before pictures" LOL
  • JulieAntler
    JulieAntler Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!! You wrote so well and eloquently told your story. You are doing such a good job staying encouraged, and I hope your love for God continues to shine through you! I am six feet tall and have been 100 lbs overweight before. It is devastating to realize you have so far to go, but your right one pound at a time. I am now struggling with 60. But getting on this site has helped. Your story is inspiring. Keep it up, and add me as a friend if you want!
  • redbreastedsapsucker
    redbreastedsapsucker Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! You have done a terrific and fantastic job losing weight, you must be floating on clouds now!! I really like your new outfits too, and I can see in your face how sincerely pleased you are with yourself!! Way to go, and keep up the great work!!
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing!! You wrote so well and eloquently told your story. You are doing such a good job staying encouraged, and I hope your love for God continues to shine through you! I am six feet tall and have been 100 lbs overweight before. It is devastating to realize you have so far to go, but your right one pound at a time. I am now struggling with 60. But getting on this site has helped. Your story is inspiring. Keep it up, and add me as a friend if you want!

TY Julie! I will tell you, this site has been a great source of accountability! Try Vlogging and MFP, those two combined, really help you stay accountable, even if you are alone. Those days in a row and those marks when you've been gone for multiple days really help a lot! Keep up the great work!
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    TY All! :)
  • mrs_joshica
    Options
    Wow, you look amazing!! You have done a terrific and fantastic job losing weight, you must be floating on clouds now!! I really like your new outfits too, and I can see in your face how sincerely pleased you are with yourself!! Way to go, and keep up the great work!!

I'm telling you! Cloud 9, 10, and 11! LOL
  • LeslieC1970
    LeslieC1970 Posts: 160
    Options
    You are a rock star! Every day you motivate and inspire people, including me with your positive attitude. Congratulations on your success. You look beautiful.
  • MaineMama24
    Options
    You are a very beautiful woman, then and now! Keep it up...you're doing it!
  • Betseyknits
    Betseyknits Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    What a beautiful success story you shared! Keep it up and you'll reach your goal for you..You're a beautiful girl and your spirit shows inside and out...I'm with ya' darlin' all the way....YOU WILL MAKE IT! With your food plan and God, you simply can't fail......Congratulations on all you've lost so far and the wonderful feeling of success you're feeling:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!