Replies

• MelMoly
    MelMoly Posts: 1,303 Member
    Options
    why yes... I'm an intellectual bad *kitten*
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    bump, i'm coming back later to connect with some of you nerdy nerds.
  • msaestein1
    msaestein1 Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Urban Dictionary: geek
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=geek
    A geek is a person who is socially excluded from a general population. Unlike nerds, geeks do not necessarily have to be smart.

Urban Dictionary: Nerd
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=nerd
    A person who gains pleasure from amassing large quantities of knowledge about subjects often too detailed or complicated for most other people to be bothered with.

Urban Dictionary: dork
    www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dork
    Someone who has odd interests, and is often silly at times. A dork is also someone who can be themselves and not care what anyone thinks.

according to these definitions, I'd say Nerd/Dork for me. Not geek.

Sounds about right. Nerd/Dork for sure...

yeah, mostly nerd/dork. I am a history professor and collect Chinese primary documents. however, I can be a geek. i am a sci fi fan...(I attend Star Wars conventions) lol
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options

Same here, girl! I am all about some horror movies.

I have been working my way through Asian horror lately. Seen anything good I should know about?

Dream Home! Brutal!
  • BandB1979
    BandB1979 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Anime and Manga! I read it so much that I have a hard time reading american comics without getting turned around and I can't figure out what the story is.
  • mains_adam25
    mains_adam25 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    nerd here lol
  • MadMacMom0309
    MadMacMom0309 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I am a book-reading, math-loving, Jeopardy-watching, computer nerd who has been in the I.T. field for over 20 years now. Started out as a computer programmer and, as things evolved, I added PC/Laptop repair, database management and network/system administration. My daughter is in elementary school and I absolutely love helping her with math and hopefully fostering a love for the subject too!
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    I absolutely LOVE Anime and Manga! I read it so much that I have a hard time reading american comics without getting turned around and I can't figure out what the story is.

^^ Story of my life after taking 3 years of Japanese.
  • ShaneNelson
    Options
    Added:) Computer programmer here aka professional nerd. Feel free to add me everyone.
  • fuzzymop55
    fuzzymop55 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Computer nerd here you know, all that linux and crap. People can add me too!
  • Reza151
    Reza151 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    Ahem. I shall list my geek/nerd credentials:

*Sci fi fanatic, most notably Star Trek, Star Wars, Doctor Who, Supernatural, Firefly, Eureka
    *ALL THE BOOKS (My favorites are Good Omens and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy)
    *Harry Potter
    *video games (I have a psp, DS, Ps2, Gamecube)
    *I used to be really into anime and manga but now not so much. Still like Fushigi Yugi alot and recently have been trying to get into Ghost in the Shell and Cowboy Bebop
    *I read Wired Magazine.
    *Enjoy comic books and movies (Avengers, Thor, Ironman, Watchmen, X-Men, League of Extraordinary Gentlemen....though League of Extraoridnary Gentlemen, the comic books---very disappointing.)

I have a tumblr (This one reason alone sums up everything methinks lol)
  • wizdim
    wizdim Posts: 18
    Options
    I should add...

I am not the nerdiest nerd (there is room for improvement) as I am still discovering most aspects :P So if you have any ideas for things I must watch/read/do then let me know!

I do love The Legend of Zelda, I even have named my Bearded Dragons Link and Zelda (I <3 them to bits).
    Harry potter....yes :)
    I am a science geek, love it and have a biology degree.

So as you can see I have a way to go but I am willing! Haha
  • Reza151
    Options
    I should add...

I am not the nerdiest nerd (there is room for improvement) as I am still discovering most aspects :P So if you have any ideas for things I must watch/read/do then let me know!

I do love The Legend of Zelda, I even have named my Bearded Dragons Link and Zelda (I <3 them to bits).

considering Legend of Zelda is my all-time favorite video game series....YOU HAD ME AT NAMING YOUR DRAGONS LINK AND ZELDA
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Nerd -implies creative and critical thinker

Geek -implies some abnormal obsession

Dork -implies socially awkward

\ (^_^) /

Wow, I win all of the above. Yay, go me!
  • cazzer69
    cazzer69 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Any other raspberry pie owners? :)
  • IronGirlShae
    IronGirlShae Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Hellow fellow nerd! I'm a Nu-Whovian, Star Wars, Star Trek, Zelda, ren-faire, book worm, etc etc etc. I'm working on Leveling myself up. The grinding is tough, but when my Charisma hits Max it'll be worth it.
  • Reza151
    Options
    Went to Maryland Renaissance Fair. Gained +10 experience points in dexterity trying out the rock climbing wall. After drinking mead and eating steak on a stake, I gained +5 in stamina.

(nerdiness? BOOM)
  • IronGirlShae
    Options
    I should add...

Doctor Who for sure! I think the 10th Doctor is the cutest :love:

If you can find any renaissance fairs in your area I recommend them too. I started going to them almost 7 years ago and it is so much fun. I'm not as wild/hippy as a lot of the people there, so if you aren't into mead and drum circles there is still a lot of fun! The history, clothes, and shopping alone are worth it! (Not to mention all the studly guys/busty wenches)

The Wheel of time series is phenomenal, and they just finished it, so you can go grab them all and devour them without waiting for the next one.

The Song of Ice and Fire is excellent as well. The Game of Thrones is based on those books. Warning: the books are quite a bit more graphic and unsettling than the show. you may become very VERY attached to the characters and be upset when bad things happen. My friend once lobbed a book across his classroom and yelled "F@$^ THIS!!!" It was a History class....sooooo the professor was not pleased.
  • IronGirlShae
    Options
    Went to Maryland Renaissance Fair. Gained +10 experience points in dexterity trying out the rock climbing wall. After drinking mead and eating steak on a stake, I gained +5 in stamina.

(nerdiness? BOOM)

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: I'm going to the Sonora, CA Celtic fair this weekend! My BF is in an armored long-sword tourney there and i hope to see him kick many butts.
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    I am a geek :-)

chart_zps7240f551.jpg