I've never had a pop tart.What did I miss?

Options
13»

Replies

• ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    Options
    not really if you live in Italy eat a real butter pastry. Mostly the are pressed cardboard of dry flour with some overly sweet jam that we Americans seem to be addicted to, and I'm one included. However, if I live in Italy with real food that crap would never touch my mouth.
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    You aren't missing much.

When I was a kid, and I ate them soaked in butter, they were heavenly.
  • RhonndaJ
    RhonndaJ Posts: 1,615 Member
    Options
    Nothing.

~chuckles~

Thin cheap pastry filled with flavoured sugar paste basically.

But for some reason I love the strawberry, no frosting ones. And will occasionally indulge.
  • Live_To_Kayak
    Options
    They used to be much better. Like everything else, in an effort to push the cost down, they skimp on the filling, frosting and overall size.
  • fervc6064
    fervc6064 Posts: 77
    Options
    Pop Tart virgin?
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    You really haven't missed much.

Picture eating a cardboard sandwich with a tiny bit of jam smoothed between the pieces topped with some kind of plastic-y "frosting".

That's not to say I haven't had my share of pop tarts nor would I say no if someone were to give me a s'mores one.

That's just what they kind of taste like
  • Rockytop_relic
    Rockytop_relic Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I think I'll stick to my tiramisù cake ......only once in a while,of course....
    Best dessert ever invented!!!
  • MichelleZannone
    Options
    Jelly filled pastry. They have an "icecream sundae " flavor that is frosting on the inside. It's pretty good in the freezer. I haven't had one in 4 years and I haven't missed it yet.

yep in the freezer or toasted but must have a glass of milk to dunk or you are gonna get burned...Wait you are from Italy and any pastry or cookie Italian's make are going to be better than a POOP TART :bigsmile:
  • Better4Summer
    Options
    sandwich some jelly of whatever flavor you desire between two pieces of cardboard, cover with the cheapest frosting you can find, heat and enjoy. Now you've had a pop tart.

Agree with this... I dnt rate em either!
  • RhodRhod
    RhodRhod Posts: 109
    Options
    Give me cheesecake anyday! Pop Tarts nope! LOL
  • efirkey
    efirkey Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    You are missing nothing. I wouldn't cross the street for one.

Leave the pop tart take the cannoli
  • DorisR184
    DorisR184 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Love to munch on ONE extra crunchy unfrosted strawberry pop tart every once in a blue moon :love:
  • BearHugger78
    Options
    I love PopTarts--my favorite is brown sugar cinnamon.

:flowerforyou:

I used to eat a package every day, either for breakfast or an evening snack.
  • jarelary4
    jarelary4 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    Yick, Pop Tarts are AWFUL! I can think of so many better things to eat