30 Day Shred May 30th - June 30th Support

Replies

• kaydtc
    kaydtc Posts: 48
    L2D1 interesting. I like all the plank stuff and I found the walking pushups easier than the pushups in level one. hated the double jumps hurt my knees so I had to back down to singles. Keep on shreddin':drinker:

Oh God that sounds ominous!!!! Mind I am only halfway through level 1 so might feel a bit more optimistic in a few days! :smile:
  • RooMcDermott
    RooMcDermott Posts: 105 Member
    I started shredding on the 1st of June, but only got in 3 days last week. So I am on Day 4 of Level 1 today. The first two days I could barely walk, but after Day 3, I felt much better and I am looking forward to continuing with the program!
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    L1-D9 done! Phew!!! Had to push the workout to this evening, I like to workout in the morning but in the evening, it's a whole different experience. Anyways, it's done, day 10 tomorrow and then on to level 2!
  • lexicalabrese
    lexicalabrese Posts: 200 Member
    Did L1D10 today...SO glad I am upping it to L2 tomorrow, I was starting to get bored. Whoda thunkit? :bigsmile:

Keep shredding ladies! I will post from my hospital bed after I die of sheer exhaustion tomorrow...gah, L2 :sad: :noway: :grumble:
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    L1D6 for me today.
  • brieann
    brieann Posts: 16
    I actually just bought it today and was going to start tomorrow. but I will be gone for a week this month camping in the middle of nowhere, I still want to start even though I won't be able to do 30 days strait.
  • km323
    km323 Posts: 124
    L1D7 complete! I almost missed it, I was laying in bed telling myself I had to do my workout before bed and I fell asleep! I woke up at like 1:30am and did it though. I'm kind of a night owl, haha.

lexistepps and everyone else moving on up to level 2: best of luck and congrats on finishing level 1!
  • BGent
    BGent Posts: 112
    Didn't workout yesterday so decided to wake up early this morning to complete it before work. I felt like I haven't been burning as many calories as I did in level 1 so I tried level 1 just to see how much I would burn now. It was only 10 calories more so that solves that mystery. I'm in a little better shape so I won't burn as much calories, mind you I still can't follow Natalie:noway: , she is hard core. Now I need to figure out what other video I should do to burn more calories total for the day. Maybe I will do shred in the morning and try the firm again at night. Let me know if you all have any ideas or if me doing a workout in the morning & night seem insane...right now it seems sane to me but what do I know. :laugh:

Have a great day!
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    I was so close to just blowing the L1D6 Shred off yesterday, I can't even tell you. But about 9pm I did it, and I'm so glad I did. Then I got up at my usual 5 am and did my usually scheduled L1D7. It was pretty rough today. But again, I did it. I'm beginning to feel that this old middle aged former fittie can still do anything she sets her mind to. :smile:

BGent, I'm lost in thought about expanding my workout menu as well. There's been a lot of scuttlebutt about kettlebells in other areas of the forum ... I ordered a starter kit (DVD and 5 lb kettlebell) from Amazon and the set was delivered yesterday (The Firm) and while I was a Walmart last night I picked up the Danskin set (with 10 lb) that everyone seems to like the workout. I'm wondering the best way to add kettlebell to my routines though. I don't want to exhaust my muscles to the point of not being able to do my workouts full on ... two Shreds so close together was a real challenge - in the way that just about overspent me. Maybe I'll wait a while longer before adding the kettlebells.

Km323 - you got up and did the Shred at 1:30 am? I'm totally impressed! You're a machine - Way to go! :drinker:
  • slcbrus
    slcbrus Posts: 79
    L1-D10 done. Tomorrow will be day 1 of level 2 :glasses: Oh dear, oh dear!
  • JennyBoBenny
    JennyBoBenny Posts: 274
    Got up at 5:30 to shred! I feel great! I can't believe what a difference already in how I feel. I can complete everything without stopping (I do modify the shoulder raises to only lifting one 5lb weight with both hands though). I think 2 more of these this week and I will move on to level 2 by the weekend!

Congratulations everyone on keeping it going! Whether you're moving on to level 2 already or even just beginning level 1, remember that just tying up your shoes, loading the dvd and DOING it is such a big accomplishment that most of the world chooses not to do! :flowerforyou:
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    Didn't workout yesterday so decided to wake up early this morning to complete it before work. I felt like I haven't been burning as many calories as I did in level 1 so I tried level 1 just to see how much I would burn now. It was only 10 calories more so that solves that mystery. I'm in a little better shape so I won't burn as much calories, mind you I still can't follow Natalie:noway: , she is hard core. Now I need to figure out what other video I should do to burn more calories total for the day. Maybe I will do shred in the morning and try the firm again at night. Let me know if you all have any ideas or if me doing a workout in the morning & night seem insane...right now it seems sane to me but what do I know. :laugh:

Have a great day!

Jumping into this shred thread a bit late in the game, hope you don't mind.

I really like this program: Jillian Micheals 30 Day Slim Down. It uses two other videos in rotation with varous levels of the shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No more Trouble zones. I had picked up a 3 pack with the 3 videos at costco but that was in Jan when all the xercise videos were around a lot. This is the schedule: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/messageboard.asp?imboard=8&imparent=16332160 Now i just need to finish it myself haha. I hadn't heard of it and when i bought the 3 pack of videos I had had no idea Jlilian had designed that program using the shred in combination.
  • Supermel
    Supermel Posts: 612 Member
    I was so close to just blowing the L1D6 Shred off yesterday, I can't even tell you. But about 9pm I did it, and I'm so glad I did. Then I got up at my usual 5 am and did my usually scheduled L1D7. It was pretty rough today. But again, I did it. I'm beginning to feel that this old middle aged former fittie can still do anything she sets her mind to. :smile:

BGent, I'm lost in thought about expanding my workout menu as well. There's been a lot of scuttlebutt about kettlebells in other areas of the forum ... I ordered a starter kit (DVD and 5 lb kettlebell) from Amazon and the set was delivered yesterday (The Firm) and while I was a Walmart last night I picked up the Danskin set (with 10 lb) that everyone seems to like the workout. I'm wondering the best way to add kettlebell to my routines though. I don't want to exhaust my muscles to the point of not being able to do my workouts full on ... two Shreds so close together was a real challenge - in the way that just about overspent me. Maybe I'll wait a while longer before adding the kettlebells.

Km323 - you got up and did the Shred at 1:30 am? I'm totally impressed! You're a machine - Way to go! :drinker:

WTG. I have done the late night Shred and then the next day and really hurt. i found I just couldn't give the morning attempt my whole effort. The first time thru the Shred I did it every day, but the next time thru now I'm taking days off here/there if i'm really hurting. i found by healing a bit, I was getting more benefit. But the first time thru, i was scared if I took any days off, i wouldn't keep doing it lol.
  • Sorry I haven't been logging. I have been doing it but I had to start doing it every other day. I have bad knees and it was hurting really bad. So I am on L1D8 now.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,849 Member
    Jumping into this shred thread a bit late in the game, hope you don't mind.

I really like this program: Jillian Micheals 30 Day Slim Down. It uses two other videos in rotation with varous levels of the shred, Banish Fat Boost Metabolism and No more Trouble zones. I had picked up a 3 pack with the 3 videos at costco but that was in Jan when all the xercise videos were around a lot. This is the schedule: http://www.sparkpeople.com/myspark/messageboard.asp?imboard=8&imparent=16332160 Now i just need to finish it myself haha. I hadn't heard of it and when i bought the 3 pack of videos I had had no idea Jlilian had designed that program using the shred in combination.

I started the slimdown back in Feb. I got about two weeks into it and couldn't make myself continue. I think its a great program and I :heart: the No More Trouble Zones - very similar to the shred, but it seemed a bit easier to me, longer, and more ab workouts. Anyway, for now, for me, the shred it is. I need to stick with the 30 mins. I am trying to incorporate more cardio but am having a hard time fitting the time in. Oh, and I hated Banish Fat Boost Metabolism. I did it once and gave the dvd away. I wanted to do the slimdown again, but was going to do the elliptical in place of BFBM. I just couldn't force myself to follow that.
  • mshay05
    mshay05 Posts: 229 Member
    L1D6 done!!! On to day 7!!! :bigsmile:
  • jheller
    jheller Posts: 194
    I just managed to get through 80% of level 2 - made me puke. That last set of strength did me in. It took me 3 months to get through level 1. Good luck ladies. Jillian kicks major *kitten*!!

Jessica
  • mwilson1018
    mwilson1018 Posts: 509 Member
    Today was the first day I've shredded since Thursday. I completed L1D6 for me. However, I still got some major exercise on Friday and Saturday! We had "Survivor" games at our house for our church youth group and in order to get ready for it we had to build obstacle courses, clean up the yard, etc so I got some major arm and leg work in!

I found today that the cardio segments were a lot easier today...maybe my endurance is increasing! :)

I'm still waiting on my HRM (I ordered it 2 Friday's ago and it's STILL not here... :grumble: ) so that I can see how many calories I am actually burning. I think I'm going to have to change up my eating calories because I've been on a plateau for a couple of weeks, even with the increased exercise. I need to break through this plateau...and quickly!

Great job, ladies!!!:flowerforyou:
  • happy_jax
    happy_jax Posts: 289 Member
    So I don't know how to "count" what day I am on anymore...I have just done my 11th consecutive 'workout' but as I went up to Level 2 a little earlier than planned it was my L2 D3...if that makes sense?

I really don't like Level 2 as much... :cry: I keep banging into all my furniture which really makes me loose focus and I hate plank work (always have) so while I don't mind it in the Abs sections when you can focus a little more on technique as well, I hate it for cardio as I spend so long thinking about what I'm doing I don't think I get as good a burn. I wonder if I just do something else for the cardio if it will drastically alter the effects? Having said that, I do get as sweaty as anything!!! (Yuk!)

Had a little sneaky peak at Level 3 so I don't loose heart :wink: It looks really good, cardio especially. Is anyone there yet??
  • Clew
    Clew Posts: 910 Member
    Sorry I haven't been logging. I have been doing it but I had to start doing it every other day. I have bad knees and it was hurting really bad. So I am on L1D8 now.

Way to hang in there though, girl! My knees are kind of rickety as well. When they start to feel too tender I switch my cardio to just light bouncing (without leaving the ground) instead of jumping, and just try to work my arms a little more to get/keep the heart rate up. Jillian will scold you :wink: , but hey - we know our bodies, and we can tell the difference between "pushing yourself" pain and actual pain.

Keep kickin' butt!
This discussion has been closed.