Sugar intake

Options
2»

Replies

• iAMsmiling
    iAMsmiling Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    I too was told that I need to watch the amount of sugar I intake as it's a breading ground for bacteria. I found that even one organic banana put me at half my allowable sugar intake. I was once told to eat only those fruits and vegetables 50 and under on the glycemic index. It seems as though bananas, carrots and tomatoes are higher in sugar than fiber. Also I see people are taking a protein shake? Is it ok to take a protein shake if you're not weight lifting? There are a lot of questions in my post, hopefully they can be answered.

Who told you sugar was a breeding ground for bacteria?
    Your entire body is a breeding ground for bacteria.
  • MuratAkbay
    MuratAkbay Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Better yet, don't consider sugar at all.
    Turn it off and don't track it.

Unless you've got a medical reason, sugar just doesn't matter, except that sugar filled foods tend to be very calorie dense and it's tough to get a satisfying quantity of food that way.

GREAT IDEA!
  • maggiegriesmer
    maggiegriesmer Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I wanna just turn that part off completely! I think it's retarded. I cant seem to get through even a half of a day before my sugar number is in the red!

HA. i ate a small apple, 1/2 cup of pineapple and 3 oz plain fat free greek yogurt, and it put my sugar in the red.
  • LuckyDucky73
    Options
    I too was told that I need to watch the amount of sugar I intake as it's a breading ground for bacteria. I found that even one organic banana put me at half my allowable sugar intake. I was once told to eat only those fruits and vegetables 50 and under on the glycemic index. It seems as though bananas, carrots and tomatoes are higher in sugar than fiber. Also I see people are taking a protein shake? Is it ok to take a protein shake if you're not weight lifting? There are a lot of questions in my post, hopefully they can be answered.

Some of us use lower calorie protien shakes as meal replacement :happy:
  • harleybabe
    Options
    I don't quit understand the sugar intake...Just by having cereal and milk this morning and a apple and orange I'm over my sugar intake....So we should be eating apples and orange..what kind of fruits are you guys eating...
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    Sugar is a toxin that feeds cancer.

Only if the cancer is sugar addicted.

Studies show that it is. Also, cancer is bad and we don't want that, so please do not have sugar.

OMG! You saved my life! I didn't know if you quit eating sugar then you can't get cancer. Thank God I can keep smoking! :smokin: :bigsmile:

I also hear bad things about smoking. Some people call cigarettes "cancer sticks," and it is not good to eat sticks of that.

Well that would have nice to include before! Do you know how many cigarettes I've smoked in the time since? OMG! Rude people on this forum! :explode:
  • ZombieEarhart
    ZombieEarhart Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem, and my nutritionist told me not to worry if it was mainly from fruit and I didn't go wildly over. I still want to track though, so I "fixed" the problem by just changing my goals to allow for an extra 20 grams!

(kinda like how Homer "fixes" the car by putting tape over the check engine kight, haha)
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Based on the chart below you should only have 2 servings of fruit a day.. My guess would be because of the sugar but I could be wrong..

http://www.health.gov.au/internet/healthyactive/publishing.nsf/Content/recommended-daily-servings
  • jtslim42
    jtslim42 Posts: 240
    Options
    I just started watching my sugar intake and trying to keep it very low. since then i have 3.9 lbs and it has helped me not get so hungry during the day.
  • edenwish
    edenwish Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Wow you seemed to have lost 20lbs in 2 months! That is awesome. What is the secret?
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    I just started watching my sugar intake and trying to keep it very low. since then i have 3.9 lbs and it has helped me not get so hungry during the day.
    i'm experiencing the same, i reduced my sugar intake and i don't crave it as much and i'm not as hungry as i usually am
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    i have a banana for breakfast with my cereal, and i snack on red grapes.