Thigh gap - Beauty is in the eye of the beholder

14567810»

Replies

• abrewer563
    abrewer563 Posts: 122
    Hating on other women's bodies is wrong, and needs to stop. Whether or not you have a thigh gap depends on your bone structure. Some women will have one even when their body fat percentage is quite high (e.g. high end of the normal range) - others will not have one even at 13% body fat.

Calling it "unfeminine" and "unattractive" is not really fair on women who naturally have one. Maybe a thigh gap looks bad on someone who starved themselves ridiculously underweight to get one..... but they look good on women who have them naturally when their body composition is healthy.

This is one thing I really can't stand.... when women of one body type hate on women with another body type.... it's all over MFP. Why can't you learn to love yourselves without putting others down in the process?

^^THIS!
  • SanteMulberry
    SanteMulberry Posts: 3,202 Member
    I find it sexy, and it's a small thing I'd like to achieve for myself. Is it sexier to have your thighs rub together all the time and make your skin break out? How is it sexy to see your thighs mashed next to each other in a bathing suit? Maybe it's just me, but I'd love for my thighs to be slimmer.

I've never had a thigh gap. I will never have a thigh gap. My thighs don't break out when they rub together. When people see me in a swimsuit, they don't vomit at the sight of my thighs mashed together. Not all people without a thigh gap look gross. If someone has less than amazing thighs, it ain't because they're lacking a thigh gap.

Agreed. Marilyn Monroe had rather plump thighs and she was the standard for feminine beauty and sexuality in her day. It just shows that this sort of thing follows "fashion" rather than any intrinsic value. Everyone should just RELAX and do the best they can to achieve good health and forget about fashion's dictates. Obesity is unhealthy but so is excessive thinness.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,451 Member
    Ok. I'm going to come out and say it. In my personal opinion, the "thigh gap" is really unattractive and unfeminine.

sdjfjid.jpg

I am genuinely interested as to why some people are aspiring to this? Is it that you think it is attractive? Or that it is some demonstration of how skinny you are? Or is a 'fashion' thing?
    Put the heels together and the gap is less apparent. Pigeon toeing is how some try to enhance the look. Who walks that way to try to enhance their thigh gap?:laugh:

It really doesn't matter to me. It looks okay on some and not on others. I find the muscle on their legs more attractive.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    A thigh gap is neither attractive or unattractive for me. It's something I've never noticed on someone in my entire life.

THIS except that it is something I sometimes notice SINCE joining MFP. Never heard or thought of it prior to MFP.

Right? I STILL don't notice it in real life, even if a chick is wearing skinny jeans. I'm just not looking that hard at crotches.

The couple times I noticed it was from the rear view, which is a view I have enjoyed for many years. I highly doubt I would have thought anything about the thigh gap had it not been from this site.
  • FitBeto
    FitBeto Posts: 2,121 Member
    I love it but dont need it but want it and have it and find it sexy and i do look for it because i judge people
  • BusyRaeNOTBusty
    BusyRaeNOTBusty Posts: 7,166 Member
    574990_428325287244779_1337101473_n.jpg
  • mattagascar
    mattagascar Posts: 708 Member
    As long as my ears stay warm...
This discussion has been closed.