Would you be mad if.....

Options
1235»

Replies

• GainsAndGuitars
    Options
    As a manager for a credit union branch I encounter members who get huffy when our tellers ask for ID for a withdrawal and it just blows my mind. Occasionally if someone gets irate I will pull them into my office and state it gently this way: "It is our policy to ID every withdrawal every time (if it's a regular usually this rule can be bent). However, if you want us to place a comment on your account to never ID ANYONE that wishes to do a withdrawal out of your account and you will sign documentation giving this authorization, I will be more than happy to do that for you." Yeah...that usually gets them to stop and think about how asinine they are acting...
  • jnichel
    jnichel Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    I'm actually mad when using a credit/debit card at a store and they DON'T ask me for ID. Basically they're saying, "We don't care if you really own that card or stole it from someone else, we're getting paid."

I don't recall the last time a store asked me to see my credit/debit card. The banks don't even care enough to use reliable techology. If I just bump the screen with the pen at my grocery store, it accepts my signature. I don't even recall the last time I actually signed the screen with my real signature.

They always end up asking me. If they don't when I present the card, I say something. Mainly because after having my card stolen a few years back, I had to go through all the hassle with the bank to get the charges reversed because the clerks at the stores where the thief used my card were too lazy to ask for ID.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    No I would be thankful that they follow protocol and care about identity theft...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't care because the person could be new and not know who you are. That happened to me when I went to the bank. Everyone there knows me except the new teller. I did my transaction and she didn't put a balance on the receipt so I asked her if I could have the balance, told her I was on the account and preemptively gave her my ID which she thanked me for.

What bothers me is when I go to a bank, they don't ask for ID but say "Are you Jennifer?" Of course I'm going to say yes because without my ID you have NO IDEA who I really am.

I also get annoyed when at stores I don't get asked for my ID when I pay with a credit card which says: PLEASE ASK FOR ID on the back. If they ask I always thank them. I need to start saying something when they don't.
  • Nitabug36
    Nitabug36 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Well, being that I am an Assistant Manager/ Head Teller, sometimes we just can't think of a person's name no matter how many times we service you and sometimes for certain transactions we are required to record your DL info. So please don't be upset, LOL
  • MiloBloom83
    MiloBloom83 Posts: 2,724 Member
    Options
    A teller at your bank that you frequently go to asked for your ID?

If she did it twice, i would burn the bank down...
  • mrslehan2013
    Options
    Oh, I would totally make that exception!! It's nice to see someone else who works for a bank on here! I work for Bankers Trust a bank in Iowa. This is one of the few sites I can access at work so I just needed to vent!

I am not trying to be mean here, but you may want to retrain your tellers...I bank at BT and I can not recall the last time I was asked for my ID.

Probably not my branch..If you frequent our branch and we know you we won't ask for an ID. I believe other barnches do the same as well. Especially if it is an easy or small amount transaction. We have other ways of verifying identity as well. We do everything in our power to protect our customers and their assets. :) And thank you for banking with us!!! We appreciate your business!