McDonalds?

Options

Replies

• 13suzie
    13suzie Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    It's addictive - i haven't had a big mac in probably 10 years but... (insert drool)....

Wanna be cured?

Watch Supersize Me.

MV5BMTYyOTk4MjIxOF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMzk1NTUyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR4,0,214,317_.jpg

Gotta add a little honesty --

Love love love their vanilla cones. And, now they have the option to get the vanilla dipped in chocolate .. it might be a planned splurge. And, another point is that I have been saved by their side salads when I've been on the verge of a meltdown. So, I do have a small space in my heart with good feelings for the arches. I still "drive thru" but the ordering is certainly different!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,618 Member
    Options
    It's addictive - i haven't had a big mac in probably 10 years but... (insert drool)....

Wanna be cured?

Watch Supersize Me.

Didn't cure me. Only made me laugh as he gained weight and DIDN'T workout at all. I eat it once a week and don't have that problem.

A.C.E. Certified Personal/Group FitnessTrainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options

Wanna be cured?

Watch Supersize Me.

Didn't cure me. Only made me laugh as he gained weight and DIDN'T workout at all. I eat it once a week and don't have that problem.

IDEA Fitness member

^^This
  • LiftAllThePizzas
    LiftAllThePizzas Posts: 17,857 Member
    Options
    I am thinking about it lately. The funny thing is, in the last five years I've only been there once, and that was in Japan. And that was before I gave a flying rats behind about calories. I just did not like it, did not like that fast food smell and could not bring myself to eat it.

Now, after a month of clean living, I want it.
    I mean a cosi salad is 600 calories and I can get a crispy fried chicken for that.
    Egg McMuffin is only 300? My breakfast of yogurt, nuts and fruit is over that (really, take a look).
    Small fries are only 230??? That's crazy.

I'd certainly feel a lot more full eating there. But is it crazy?
    If I were you, I'd make my own version of McDonald's at home. You can buy lean, anti-biotic, grass fed beef, use a whole wheat bun or Ezekiel bun, make your own sauce out of sugar free ketchup, mustardm mayo and relish or buy low cal thousand island dressing and you've got a Big Mac. Make fries with real oil and sea salt. Yummo! Just one example, but anything you get at McDonald's you can make at home. Make your own nuggets. Coat them with clean coatings, etc.
    A "version" of McDonald's ISN'T McDonald's. It like when people say "turkey bacon" in place of real bacon. Turkey bacon ain't bacon.
    If someone wanted a hamburger, then can make one at home. If they want a McDonald's burger, they go to McDonald's. Doesn't kill one to have it occasionally.

IDEA Fitness member
    Ain't no green peppers in McDonalds!
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Would love to know how many of the ant-fast food fanatics vilifying McD's eat at Olive Garden, Applebees, or local restaurants.
  • dfonte
    dfonte Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    Only fast food causes obesity. Didn't you know that?
  • PBsMommy
    PBsMommy Posts: 1,166 Member
    Options
    I would much rather have a cheeseburger and fries from a local owned restaurant where I live.... Double Ds

a quarter pound of real ground beef just cooked a few seconds ago.. not bagged, frozen and shipped from god knows where..
    some cheese, ketchup, mustard, onions
    and real slaw, not the vinaigrette crap

That being said, I still enjoy some Micky Ds once every couple of months when I get a craving....
  • jonnythan
    jonnythan Posts: 10,161 Member
    Options
    Would love to know how many of the ant-fast food fanatics vilifying McD's eat at Olive Garden, Applebees, or local restaurants.

For the most part, sit down restaurants and counter service places like Panera are significantly worse than McD's and Subway.
  • tonyrocks922
    tonyrocks922 Posts: 172 Member
    Options

For the most part, sit down restaurants and counter service places like Panera are significantly worse than McD's and Subway.

gPx0aNp.jpg
  • jonnythan
    Options

gPx0aNp.jpg

Yes, I was agreeing with you :P
  • BonaFideUK
    BonaFideUK Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    IIFYM. If it fits your macros eat whatever you want to.
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options

they're just as bad
  • CoachReddy
    Options

this
  • CoachReddy
    Options

i hate that phrase. it makes people feel smart, but really they're getting skinny while poisoning themselves with crap.

you. can. be. skinny. and. unhealthy.

i wish I could make that my signature.
  • jonnythan
    Options

i hate that phrase. it makes people feel smart, but really they're getting skinny while poisoning themselves with crap.

Yes, you can be skinny and unhealthy. However, you won't be measurably healthier eating different food but keeping your exercise and macronutrient quantities the same. Blah blah blah.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Yes, you can be skinny and unhealthy. However, you won't be measurably healthier eating different food but keeping your exercise and macronutrient quantities the same. Blah blah blah.

blah blah blah elite blah blah blah
  • jonnythan
    Options

Witty retort, followed by a thinly veiled insult and a car analogy.
  • CoachReddy
    Options

Witty retort, followed by a thinly veiled insult and a car analogy.

oh no it really wasn't. it was in reference to a comment i made months ago that has traction to this day about cutting processed foods may not make a noticeable difference to most people (vs IIFYM) but if you're trying to reach a more "elite" level of health and fitness, it can make a difference.

(or was that a joke response ala mine? good ole context and inflection on the internets....)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options

Have you scheduled your blood test and physical yet, Coach? Mine is on April 2nd. Let's see just how poisoned and unhealthy I am following IIFYM, and how superior your health is to mine.
  • AutumnBride
    AutumnBride Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I have given up fast food when I started MFP. I shared a few fries with my daughter a couple weeks ago and they just tasted icky to me.