Insanity start

Options
2»

Replies

• mmyers1129
    mmyers1129 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Take alot of before pictures and make sure you do not skip any workouts just keep doing everyday
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    I really want to try this workout. I'm afraid I'll fail miserably. LOL I mean I can't even keep up with the easy Brazil Butt Lift workout.

The only way you can fail is if you don't even try! Give it a try. If you can't keep up don't worry about it, just work as hard as you can. I'm finishing week 3 and am way better than I was the first week. I'm not going to say it gets easy but it does get a little easier as you get a little stronger.

FYI, this is my first try at this. I need to lose 70 lbs, so I am by no means a fitness expert or someone who can breeze right through it. I've just put my mind to it and nothing short of serious injury is going to stop me from completing it!

Bang on!!
  • RunMumRun1
    RunMumRun1 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm looking at buying it too. Was checking ppls results and whether they did other cardio with the DVD? I do a lot of running, so I'm looking at doing something different. Do you do a DVD every day? Thanks
  • abbyrae1
    abbyrae1 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    My fiance and I started it together last week. I absolutely love the work out! Its fun, its frustrating, its exhausting.
    I haven't seen any "results" yet but I definitely feel myself getting better at the movements and feeling more energized just from working out consistently.

make sure you follow the nutrition guide provided as a way to get some meal ideas/recipes. Be diligent about your food intake, try to follow the 5 meals a day idea, make sure you are accurate in your portion sizes and record accurately on here.

Also, have fun with the workout, it is difficult, week 1 day 3 (i think) there is a part of the workout where you are supposed to do dips after you do a bunch of other movements, my muscles were so sore/tired that I couldn't get my brain to tell them what to do. so I just had to laugh about it. You will be sore but stick with it, double the stretching time if you need to, whatever works best for you guys.

Take before and after pictures and measurements, don't quit, don't skip workouts, and try as hard as you can. Even the people in the videos have to take breaks sometimes, so don't feel bad if you need to catch your breath
  • kini324
    kini324 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Starting on April 1st and I can't wait!! That plus Shakelology and clean eating will help me lose the last 10 lbs!
  • MarsChallenge
    MarsChallenge Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I'd like to know if other people do other cardio or weights as well. I go to the gym 3 - 4x a week and do something different each time (body pump, spin, trx training, weights).... wondering if I should back off of that.
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Do not press pause. Go to beachbody.com and you can listen to Shaun T chats. He mentions do not press pause. If you keep pressing pause you don't know when you're getting better. You can certainly fast forward to the cool down if you are spent, but pressing pause doesn't make sense to me for a cardio video. If you can't do a move get a drink as you will see the people in the videos do or just jog in place.
    Isn't stopping to get a drink and watching the video the same thing as pausing? You still "paused", you just didn't stop the DVD.
    Just asking. I've only done Insanity one time; I'm much more into the P90X series. But I may try Insanity again and I wouldn't mind getting some info myself from people like you who may have with more experience with it.
  • laurynwithawhy
    laurynwithawhy Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    Do not press pause. Go to beachbody.com and you can listen to Shaun T chats. He mentions do not press pause. If you keep pressing pause you don't know when you're getting better. You can certainly fast forward to the cool down if you are spent, but pressing pause doesn't make sense to me for a cardio video. If you can't do a move get a drink as you will see the people in the videos do or just jog in place.
    Isn't stopping to get a drink and watching the video the same thing as pausing? You still "paused", you just didn't stop the DVD.
    Just asking. I've only done Insanity one time; I'm much more into the P90X series. But I may try Insanity again and I wouldn't mind getting some info myself from people like you who may have with more experience with it.

I agree. I started insanity and would pause it about 4 times throughout the video, to let my HR get back down to a safe zone. Now, three weeks later, I only pause twice. I can tell when I am getting better. I don't think people should be discouraged from doing an entire program because they might have to take a few breaks. You start where you start and work your way up. Doing Insanity with a few pauses is definitely better than not doing it at all.
  • annmaryjenkins
    Options
    Great advise!!
  • daterminedfatburnerX
    daterminedfatburnerX Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Love the insanity program did 2 and a half rounds of it
    After doing this all the other workout programs will seem easier to you
    Good luck!! :-)
  • MarsChallenge
    MarsChallenge Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    my trainer is not happy about me starting this program. He said there is alot of injury associated w/it and since I have a pretty good program @ the gym, he is afraid I'm going to over do it. I'll have to take it day by day and see what my body is capable of.
    He also said I'm not coordinated enough! lol. He's 100% right (he's not being an @ss, just honest).. he offered to write up a cardio plan for me for the days I can't get to the gym - but I told him I'm dertermined to incorporate insanity one way or another into my routine.
  • Eileen889
    Eileen889 Posts: 117
    Options
    My husband and I are going to start Insanity together. Anyone have any advice. Would like to see others results so we can stay motivated with it. For the ones that have done it - do you follow the meal plan also?
    I started Insanity on March 4th. I don't follow their meal plan as I am a picky eater.