Has anyone just lost at home?

Options

Replies

• HippieMomma86
    HippieMomma86 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I lost 50lbs last year by just doing DVDs at home. I had 2 Jillian Michaels DVDs and hand weights. I'm finally back to finish losing the last 30lbs and plan to do it the same way. I find it easier to workout only at home. No finding time or excuses to make it or not to the gym. You have everything you need right there.
  • Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    it all starts with nutrition so yes I think it would be completely possible! I do go to the gym myself cause I am doing strength training currently and have no weights or any of that at home. However, many days my cardio is simply walking :) I believe simple changes to your diet and increasing your activity level will produce results :)
  • slim422
    slim422 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Yep I have lost at home (actually work from home too so don't have a lot of steps in the day) and to this point am not exercising. I lost at home last winter too and then used Jillian and Wii Fit
  • GlorianEversea
    Options
    Yep...so far, so good 16 pounds in one month. P90x!
  • Lyssa62
    Lyssa62 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    walking and changing my eating habits ...that's all I've done. I go to a zumba class once or twice a month ..that's it.
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Has anyone accomplished their goals at home without any special equipment? All I have r dvds and some resistance bands and free weights. Looking to see if anyone has completed or how far u could get in ur journey that way when gyms and buying machines isn't possible.
    Glad you asked. You don't need a gym membership or any special equipment except maybe a decent pair of shoes. I got all the way to goal weight with just that. Optional inexpensive things I bought since then: Some free weights, a chinning bar which hangs in a doorway at home without marring the frame. You can do a lot with just a floor. Pushups, situps and other calisthenics.
  • Southernb3lle
    Southernb3lle Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Definately yes! I have lost ALL my weight just using dvd's, walking, riding bike, handweights, etc. I have lost about 44 lbs total over this journey so YES it is possible. Go for it!! :D
  • BeautifulBrownButterfly
    Options
    Yes i have i workout at home all the time i do walk away the pounds dvd, tabeo, i just bought hip hip abs and rockin body with shaun t i have walking weights and resistance bands. I also work at the library so i check out different workout dvds. It possible to workout at home and get the weight off. Good Luck!!!
  • pollyineedtobeskinny
    Options
    So positive reading all of these. I've come to the conclusion, I hate gyms. I cancelled mine this month now I'm doing exercise at home, it's better to be in the comfort of your own home. :smile:
  • mygrl4meee
    mygrl4meee Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    I personally just don't give it my all when I workout at home. I need the gym but that's just me.
  • Raynne413
    Raynne413 Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    Except for about three months, I've done ALL of my working out at home using weights, resistance bands, my XBox Kinect, and DVDs, and I lost 150 pounds. I did recently buy an elliptical, but that is only due to an injury where I couldn't do my normal cardio with DVDs and the XBox Kinect.
  • pevansk47
    pevansk47 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I started off walking around the track every day! Walking at least 3 to 4 miles! It started getting cold outside I started walking in the Mall! I have cable at home and went to sports and fitness! I use about 5 to 6 of those videos! I also went on YouTube and did a few things on there! The only thing I brought was the 2 pounds and 5 pound weights which I caught them on sale!
  • TOMEKA18
    TOMEKA18 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Insanity and running stairs at work and I have lost 8 pounds so far.
  • ACP1015
    ACP1015 Posts: 8
    Options
    Yes! I have lost 63 pounds ALL at home doing P90X, Turbofire and Chalean Extreme DVD's plus walking and hiking. I have gradually built up over the last year and a half dumbbells, resistance bands, yoga mats etc. to use during my workouts. Good luck :)
  • alicerouse
    alicerouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes! I have been doing workout videos 4 times a week for over 12 years. I have a whole library of videos. My favorite set right now is the Firm Express set that has 12 20-minute workouts. I do 2 if I have time and one if I am short on time. It really helps to enter my excercise in MFP because I LOVE those extra food calories it allows me to have! I have NEVER been to the gym in all these years. I have 2 kids and I get up at 5AM to do a 40-minute workout 4 days a week (sometimes 5). That way I don't have to find time during the day to fit it in because I do it before anyone in the house gets up to ask me to do things for them! That's what the REST of my day is like!! Good luck! You can do it!
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Yes I have with p90x
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Yes, I have lost 20 pounds by just working out at home. Zero gym equipment.. I use wii dance and have a blast with the kids..I have some dvd's and walk most nights.Thats it!!
  • eileenchristine
    eileenchristine Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I don't go to gym. I do youtube videos, Leslie Sansone dvd (one I bought is now free on youtube..sigh). and I have 5, 10 and 15 lb dumbbells. I wouldn't work out harder at the Y than here because the Y here doesn't have much stuff (joined for a year, didn't go much so didn't rejoin) and I am a real homebody. Its easier for me to just put on a sports bra and head on downstairs with my TV. I really would like a wii or kinect for the xbox. I am looking forward to getting outside and starting a jogging program. Need to get over my issues of the cold and snow! Have lost over 25 lbs so far.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    i lost over 100lbs on my own at home,just walking,wii,dvds,bike!
    it is very doable x :bigsmile:
  • scythswife
    scythswife Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone I need to try to catch some ofthe wii games on sale or see if anyone has them near me that i can borrow. those sound like people r having fun while using them. I will definatly check out those sites. thanks all u guys rock