Do you exercise 7 days a week?

Options

Replies

• loril13
    loril13 Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I know I shouldn't, but I feel guilty that I do not work out everyday. I do feel my body needs a day to rest and let my muscles recuperate. I usually go to the gym M-F. My gym is in my work building, so I only have access M-F. On weekends I go for a run one of hte days. The other I still usually run around doing errands and housework, but usually no actual workout.
  • MizVandyk
    MizVandyk Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    i'm very active 7 days a week but only do true work outs 4-5 days a week
  • Absonthebrain
    Absonthebrain Posts: 587 Member
    Options
    I take 2 rest days out of the 7 day week.
  • toxicpanda1
    Options
    I usually exercise twice a day,6 days a week, 90 minutes in the morning and 60 minutes in the evening. 35-45 minutes of cardio each time followed by a few sets of whatever muscle group I am working that day. I just started this fitness pal diary, I am liking it so far, have heard some really great success stories on here. Very motivational.
  • PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot
    PeteWhoLikesToRunAlot Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I do have weeks of no days off of running here and there, but I do try to make at least one of those days a considerably easier, recovery-type run, or mix in some weights, etc.
  • 4theking
    4theking Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I think people do way to much. I do two workouts a week because its effective.
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    99.9% of the time :bigsmile:
    yes i missed yesterday oops! but i was even exersicing on crutches in the ice! :drinker:
  • kristynsflab
    kristynsflab Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I work out 6 days a week for 45 min to an hour
  • caseythirteen
    caseythirteen Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    No, definitely not 7 days a week. Most weeks it's 5 days exercise, 2 rest. Occasionally 4/3.
  • alimarie53
    alimarie53 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I always take Fridays off. I take time to hang with my family and just relax. Depending on how the week goes I might take off an extra day or two. I ALWAYS have at least four days in a week though. And I try not to take breaks days back to back.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    Yes, I do the elliptical seven days a week, it's not like I'm doing insanely active workouts and bench pressing 200. I did miss one day because I spent the whole day going to the VA hospital three hours' drive away, with my husband. By the time we got home it was late, so just fell into bed. That's the only day I've missed out of 30.
  • sally_jeffswife
    sally_jeffswife Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    I try but if we are traveling out of town or something my excercise becomes just walking and things of that nature and on those days I try to eat a bit lighter foods cuz I'm excercising less. I do try really hard though to work out atleast 40min a day minimum.
  • Therealobi1
    Therealobi1 Posts: 3,262 Member
    Options
    no
    5 days a week at home 20/30 mins. saturday rest. sunday spinning class which is 45 mins.
  • muayqis
    muayqis Posts: 72
    Options
    7 days a week here,
    Aim for 2x a day Mon-fri, and once a day Saturday + Sunday.
    sessions are currently quite short as my knee's still bust.
    [edit]
    i do normally vary my exercise though,s o some days are not that intense
    Currently not the case cos I'm very limited in the exercises i can do
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,473 Member
    Options
    yep, 7 days a week, 2 to 3 hours cardio a day.
  • a5emens
    a5emens Posts: 8
    Options
    i do something active once a day and i hit it hard 4 to 5 times a week. i am still building strength and endurance so i dont want to burn myself out or injure myself.
  • cruzcrzyMarie
    cruzcrzyMarie Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    99% of the time, but, my only form of exercise is walking...3-4 miles per day.
  • MizTerry
    MizTerry Posts: 3,763 Member
    Options
    I try to get up and do SOMETHING every day. If I take a day off, it may lead to two, then three, then I'd be right back where I started.
  • Seajolly
    Seajolly Posts: 1,435 Member
    Options
    I usually workout 4-5 days a week, but I am active every single day. I work on my feet so 5 days a week I'm moving ALL day.
  • moetr
    moetr Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Monday: run ~30min
    Tuesday: recumbent bike ~30, ST
    Wednesday: run ~30
    Thursday: recumbent bike ~30, ST
    Friday: run ~30
    Saturday: ST, spin class 45-60min
    Sunday: recumbent bike ~40

I have to work out first thing in the morning, or it just doesn't happen. And because I hate mornings, I find if I sleep in a couple days a week, then getting back into the routine of waking up early is just painful. So it is easier to always get up. If I feel like I need a break, I will sometimes skip cardio and spend 20 minutes just stretching. When my body says it really needs a break, I listen and take them as needed, but that is usually only when I'm feeling under the weather.