Your Parents Named you What?!!

Options

Replies

• Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    when I was pregnant my OB/GYN was Dr. Seamen.....Yeah...awkward..
    My first gynecologist when I was 18 had the first name Seymour..that always made me giggle, since he definitely got to SEE MORE than other men!
  • lucyster92
    lucyster92 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Fatima Salad
  • ggofsix
    ggofsix Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Seriously - have had some customer names of Golden Pancake, Harry Hole and Ima Nipple....LOL
  • jenn_sullivan
    Options
    I have friends that named their son Coupe de Ville. They are in a classic car club called The Cadillac Kings, so it kinda makes sense... but the name means "two door"! They just call him Coupe for short... but when you put it all together with the last name it becomes Coupe de Ville Loving.
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    My government profs last name is Bunye (pronounced bunny)... and he would always joke that if he ever had a daughter he would name her Snow.
  • weliveaswedream
    weliveaswedream Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    ^ Similarly, my eighth grade science teacher's last name was Zona. He always said if he had a daughter, he would name her Ari.

My boyfriend went to school with two siblings named Orangejello and Lemonjello. The pronunciations of both names are interesting and hard to explain via text.

My ex was almost named Cooper, inspired by Coupe de Ville. Instead, he was name Dallas.. after the show.
  • _dadgad
    _dadgad Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Once knew a family named Lott that named their kids Lance and Sandy.
  • zombilishious
    zombilishious Posts: 1,250 Member
    Options
    I actually have a cousin whose name is Mike Hawk....
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    A politician named D!ck Swett.

ETA: oh, just saw someone else already said this.
  • MrsLehman24
    MrsLehman24 Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Apple Pie
  • kjm3579
    kjm3579 Posts: 3,975 Member
    Options
    I went to school with a Michael Bates -- his grandmother used to mail cards to him address to Master Bates.....

I worked at a hospital and a woman delivered a baby and had no idea what to name it -- the nurse came in to her and reported that all of the tests they do on the placenta were normal and that poor baby girl got named Placenta.....

I swear these are both true!
  • _CowgirlUp_
    _CowgirlUp_ Posts: 585 Member
    Options
    Went to school with a Misty Morning.
  • fitplease
    fitplease Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    Dr. Butt

I met someone with the same last name. It was her married name. Coupled with her first name, she has learned to enjoy the humor. (Sorry, won't disclose it here. I respect her too much.)
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have a friend her name is Betty Lou not bad. But her brothers names are Tom, **** and Harry!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I have a friend her name is Betty Lou not bad. But her brothers names are Tom, **** and Harry!
    A doctor's name Uhren.
    I agree with someone else. My art teacher in high school's name was Tom Thomas. WHY?
  • tlacox1
    tlacox1 Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    I remember when my mother in law had a student named ****head (Sha -thead). She had to ask him how to pronounce it because she was scared to say it how it was spelled!
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    When my husband went to court for a name change there was a family there with all their kids named after the starwars characters Luke skywalker, Anakin Skywalker, And Darth Vader.
  • SugarQueen_x
    Options
    Well I know three sisters named Faith, Hope and Charity. =P
    My dad knows a man who named his son Flash (and his last name is Flood.)
  • SANDRA_F26
    SANDRA_F26 Posts: 180
    Options
    I WORK IN A CALL CENTER I ONCE SPOKE WITH A SHARONDA DYCK'FUDGE. LOL HA HA
  • stellcorb
    stellcorb Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    Vanilla Dong