WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2013

Options

Replies

• LinCharpentier
    LinCharpentier Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    My puter was down today but the guy came and fixed it late this afternoon. So I will start from here again.

Been a pretty good day went and got the book Eat to live at the library but don't think it will be my thing by the recipes not much meat. I like some meat at least 4 oz of some kind a day or eggs protein of some kind.

Well so far this week was good.

Good luck to you all.
    See you all lighter
    Linda from Northern Ontario.
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,699 Member
    Options
    evening ladies~ Oy what a day !!! what was supposed to 3-6 inches swirled and swirled into in my area 12-14 inches of heavy wet yucky snow.. and I shoveled the walk every 15-20 mins, all day long..I feel bad for the DH because he had the driveways all snowblown by the time I got home. My heel is killing me, am hobbling like I dont know what..
    I did get quite a workout shoveling so I dont feel bad about missing the gym.
    Got a call today that a dear elderly friend of mine at the cape isnt doing well, she is diabetic and overweight and had has had an abcess on her leg for yrs and they want to amputate her leg and she will not let them, she is 85 1/2 and how she has lasted this long is beyond me,I am just upset that I havent gotten up there to see her, and probably wont until her funeral.
    Last I knew I was her exsecutor ,I dont know what that intails but I think im about to find out..
    Glad I dont have to work tomorrow ,but I know I will be sore in the morning..
  • wessecg
    wessecg Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Oh Barbiecat, your Jake did way better than I could have done. I have become the worse backseat driver ever!! I swear I don't know how my husband drives without me there to keep him from wrecking into everything.:noway:

Jane, that's great that you had such a great check up, but too bad about your foot. I haven't been following your feet problems, but I know that the solution to mine would require surgery and 6 months of immobilizing the foot while stuck in a wheelchair - NOT going to happen - there is no way I can take 6 months off from kids and horses and life in general. Hope your cortisone shots work. They did for me for awhile.

Megblair - what kind of games do you play on game night? We LOVE pictionary and balderdash (not as much as pictionary though.

Sue - good for you getting all the doctors out of the way. I really have to see the dermatologist and have all my suspicious things looked at. I just can't remember the name of the last one I went to.

Exermom - you had to make blueberry muffins and they didn't come in a box?? :noway: I am impressed!!!

RebelRenny - no swear words, ever??? I wish I could say that. When my son was in first grade he asked the girl in front of him why she was walking so fu***** slow. When asked where he heard such a word, well :blushing: It wasn't one of my proudest moments.

Liz - Hi!

Sundance - carpal tunnel followed by knee surgery - yuck.

Rox - how much weight is 600 grams? Doesn't sound like much - after all, it's not pounds :wink:

DeeDee - a 14 minute mile - good job!! I can't do a single pushup - not ever - never could.

Laura - your accounting woes are the bain of your existence - hope you get back to a good place with all of that. It's a never ending saga.

Jodios - hope you and your daughter have a great visit. I am putting my 17 year old on a plane to New Orleans tomorrow morning to spend the weekend at Tulane. She has to make a choice for her university soon and so far they have awarded her the most money. Right now it's between them and Notre Dame and Illinois Wesylyn but we have not heard from Vanderbilt or Princeton yet. I don't think Princeton even sends out their letters until April 1st. I can't take the waiting.

Texasgal - I want to congratulate you on grandbaby #7, I really do, but as I am suffering from extreme grandchildren envy I can only offer a :sad: I want grandbabies sooooo much!!!!

Robin - I actually feel so bad I wish I had a fever - it would validate how bad I feel. I've been sick for 5 days now. Hope you beat me to getting better.

Nana - stripping wall paper - you are ambitious!!. I looked at the outdated stuff in my basement bathroom last night and had brief thoughts of removing and replacing it. Got rid of those thoughts quickly!

Jolene - you're taking steroids? - oh my - my family runs for their lives anytime I've had to take them.

Ok, I am going to bring my young one to basketball practice and put my self back down to rest. I just can't seem to shake this cold, flu, whatever it is!:tongue:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,914 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: After whining a bit and trading jokes about husbands as back seat drivers, I was reminded of how grateful I am to have my husband home with me in good spirits and on the mend….in a few minutes we’re headed for the chiropractor followed by a stop at WalMart with me driving……I plan to be as unflappable as a clock ticking in a thunderstorm..

:flowerforyou: LIndaS. I think there are calorie counts for driving but I don’t think I’ll add it to my exercise diary, just consider it a calorie cushion.

:flowerforyou: Jmkmomm, if I ate one of those 3 ounce ice creams, I’d all the single servings in the box…….I can’t have ice cream in any form in my house.

:flowerforyou: Roz from Oz, it sounds like you’ve found a good formula for weight loss….stick with it and do whatever exercise you can.

Rosalindgr, the Daniel Fast sounds healthy…..I gave up caffeine over four years ago and haven’t gone back.
    :flowerforyou: DeeDee, congrats on continuing with your training…..I’ve tried side planks and find them awkward and hard to balance but I can do regular plank on my forearms (not my hands) for over three minutes….I do pushups using the seat of a chair (flat on the floor is too hard for me).

:flowerforyou: Phyllis, my mother taught me to knit when I was nine years old and I’m still doing it( except not so much now that I'm walking and exercising so much)

:flowerforyou: Robin, I hope you feel better soon.

:flowerforyou: Jo, congrats on reaching your target weight……keep up your healthy habits and keep working out and you’ll feel even better

:flowerforyou: MA in England, do you walk all three dogs at once?

:flowerforyou: Cheryl, I’d be a bit of a back seat driver except that I close my eyes and go to sleep so I can’t see that Jake is driving faster than I think he should.:laugh:

:heart: Barbie from NW Washington
    1461351h0otf8hco5.gif
  • monet13
    monet13 Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Love reading all the entries - much that I can relate to! Today was a beautiful, sunny day in the mid forties here - so nice after our snowstorm on Tuesday - I left work early and enjoyed a brisk hour long hike with my dog. - one surprise though - silly me I thought the trail would be cleared of snow since all the sidewalks/streets are clear - did quite a bit of climbing over snow piles trying to stay along a stable path! :tongue: That makes 4 days in a row of exercise - yay! Getting back on track :smile:
    Jo - love the wallpaper analogy! Let me take it one step further and say when we get all those layers removed and the walls smoothed out, then we get to enjoy the redecorating part :laugh:
    Laura - Too bad about the pants being too big now, but what a great NSV that they are already too big - Congrats to you!
    Barbie - I lol'ed about the driving! My husband has been having some eye problems and asks me to drive when they are acting up - he is the worst back seat driver!! When we were driving into the city one night for a play, with my daughter and a friend along,she was so annoyed by him, she told him if he could make it the rest of the way (only 30 minutes) without any comments she would quit smoking (he really, really hates that she smokes). Though he ALMOST made it the last ten minutes he blurted out a comment before he could stop himself!! He was so mad!
    Phyllis - I love the knitting with the girls - what a great skill to pass on and a great way to spend time with them!
    Jodios - Enjoy time with your DD - the older they get the more precious the time together is because I know they will be flying away soon to start their own roost. I have a daughter and son who is living in the city but home quite often (just an hour on the train) and a daughter who is 900+ miles away in Vermont in school - she will be home in 10 days for spring break.- yay! Still have one high schooler still at home too ~
    M - I can totally relate to the cover on/cover off issue - and my husband is probably as annoyed as your cat :smile: I was always a great sleeper - never had issues with insomnia or middle of the night waking - now it is SO ANNOYING!! I started taking over the counter Estroven and that seems to help slightly, just this week I tried Melatonin and that seemed to help tool - I woke during a flash twice but was easily able to go back to sleep - oy vey this getting old can be a pain - but better than the alternative!
    Aquarius - Also can relate to bladder issues - so frustrating!! I too where a pad occasionally, but I want to find a more permanent solution - anyone here tried the surgical solution - sling I think its called??
    Well, hope everyone has a great Friday night - I am hoping the sun and warmer weather stay for the weekend so I can get some more time in on the trails! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Options
    Bump. All this sight-seeing has made me to tired to post. :laugh: :laugh: .:yawn:

Katla in NW Oregon
  • brookehe
    brookehe Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    MA in England – how wonderful for you to have such great times with your dogs, I intend on getting my rescue dog enrolled in Agility in a month or so as he becomes more socialized with other dogs. I know he’ll love it and it will be good exercise for me too! Rain where you are, soon to be snow here - - Sigh, where oh where is Spring?????

Jolenec1 – Ahhh, your own private, portable, tropical vacations huh? Hope your weekend finds you cool, calm and comfortable!

Grandmallie – Wow, you got the “shovel it” workout today for sure! Looks like I’ll be doing the same one tomorrow, it’s supposed to start snowing at midnight and keep going throughout Saturday. Take a hot soak, drink a calming (warm?) something – hope your heel feels better. Sorry too to hear about your friend.

Brooke from Colorado :yawn:
    who is off to do the dishes and then read herself to sleep
  • Gardengail
    Gardengail Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    bump to mark my spot! :wink: :wink:
  • mouth5667
    mouth5667 Posts: 53
    Options
    Well, I'm back from a week of travels and I am not even going to try to read all the posts since I left! I think we were on page 3 of this thread when I left!

I really enjoyed the womens confrence in Tulsa last weekend. Went with about 25 ladies from our church, heard some great speakers, wonderful music (Amy Grant performed on Friday night) and got in a lot of laughing. Laughter is a very good thing! Got back last Saturday night (late), then we went to my moms on Sunday for her birthday. Had a nice time visiting with family and yes, laughing some more! Monday began the trip to Las Vegas. Didn't get home until this afternoon. Had to get up at 3:30 am (Vegas time) to catch the shuttle this morning (which, by the way, DID NOT show up on time) to get to the airport for our 6:40 flight. It is a 2 hour time change and let me tell you, THIS GAL IS TIRED!! It is now 8:15 CST and I am thinking about going to bed now. We had a good time, walked A LOT. I figure about 5 miles one day and about 3 miles the next. And we didn't go to a single buffet. If you have ever been to Vegas you know that's a big deal!

Hope to get back into the swing of things by Monday. I still need to go to the store so there is nothing fresh at our house right now. And our daughters birthday is Sunday so the family is getting together for dinner here to celebrate. We are so blessed to have both of our children living within about 30 minutes of our house.

Hope this has made sense, I'm a bit sleep deprived! Good night all!

Lori H
  • cooky56ny
    cooky56ny Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Bump - 19
  • exermom
    exermom Posts: 6,342 Member
    Options
    A warm welcome to everyone that had the great fortune to find this wonderful forum.

Renny - sounds a lot like Cosco is doing a CYA. I feel for you. They don't provide last names of their employees, but YOUR last name is on your prescription. Doesn't the privacy stuff work both ways??????

Gail - your dress is so lovely.

Roz - is that a new DVD? There weren't any reviews on Amazon for it.

grandmalle - do the kids stay at your office all day? I would think they'd get bored. So sorry to hear about your friend

Phyllis in Cairo - That's so nice of you to be teaching those girls not only how to knit but then giving them the good feeling of knowing that they helped someone else.

moxie - Like Renny, I have those days too when I can eat just about everything in my path. Like her, I try to have only healthy snacks around

DeeDee and the other person who commented about my muffins (I don't remember who), I gave all of them except for one to Jessica to take back with her. The one I didn't give her a) I wanted to sample (forgot to make my sample) and b) it stuck to the pan so when Jessica took it out it looked pretty messy. But on the whole, it had pretty good flavor

Sue in TX - when you get your eyes dialated, do they have the reversing drops? It just makes your eyes go back to normal faster (in about 1/2 the time). Next time you (really anyone) needs to be dilated, ask about those reversing drops. One time my eye md had them, one time he didn't, the next he did. It never hurts to ask

M - so glad to know that I'm not the only one who wears a pad if I know I'll be doing a lot of jumping. Actually, I try to avoid high impact acerobics, but if I do speed intervals on the treadmill, then I wear one. Actually, I'm more and more thinking that those speed intervals aren't really such a great thing- -- too hard on the knees. I don't seem to have much of a problem at all doing most anything else (thank goodness!). One time I was in the deep water class and I had a hot flash. Well, I guess if there's anyplace to have one, it's in the pool. But people said they could see how flushed my face was!

texasgal - what an adorable bear. Thanks for posting the pic.

I so would love to go to the lunch, but distance can be a problem. Hey, everyone in NC -- can we maybe get together. What fun that would be!

Robin - passing you some chicken soup

Jo - I never thought of the analogy of fat and wall paper, but you are so right! I guess one big difference, tho, is that weight control is a constant on-going thing whereas once you get the wallpaper off, it's off for good. Not so with the weight

Vince did go to the store and looked at that table that I thought was so cute (shaped like a mushroom). He sat on one of the mushroom-stools and he said he felt like he was sitting in a Little Tykes chair. Then, when he went to get up, he put his arm on the table and the top wasn't bolted. He looked to see if there was some way in which it could be bolted to the stand and there wasn't. So he didn't get it. However, he did go to Big Lots. See, a friend of ours bought these trays for Mexican Train dominoes there. Personally, I don't like the trays. Well, he didn't find the trays, but he did see stools that would match our kitchen quite well, a clock in the shape of a guitar, an off-set umbrella that's 12' wide and has solar lights in it (he thought the lights were neat), and a pergola-type thing. But after reading reviews of it on the net, he's more and more thinking that it's not something that we'd like. They say that "it shouldn't be left out in the wind". Well, not like it's something we can easily bring in the house....lol. What I did like was the fact that the roof was this almost-clear plastic so if it rains, you don't get rained on. Most pergolas have an open roof. Now we're not sure what we'll do, but we know we want some type of cover for the eating area.

Kathy - take care of yourself!

brooke - I do my pushups on my knees. That is, unless I'm only doing one or two (which rarely happens). I'm always afraid that I'll be out of alignment.

MA - my goal for this month was to work on my needlecraft project and I haven't started it yet!

jane - have fun with your granddaughter

Cheryl - no, the blueberry muffins didn't come from a box. Don't ask me to explain this, but I just have this "thing" about box mixes. I much prefer to make things from scratch. At least I know what's going into the food. But on the downside, there aren't the preservatives so I usually put a bit out and freeze some (like a cake or cookies or brownies). You must be so so proud of your daughter, I know that I would be

Let's see, had an orange while I was getting dressed, then went to the Y to exercise, then to Aldi because they have mushrooms on sale (which reminds me that I need to roast them)

I just cut up the mushrooms (I used the egg slicer). Vince bought me a new slicer for Christmas and this is the first time I used it. I can't get over how fast it broke! So...I pulled out my old one and finished the job.

Came home, gave Loki his med, went to the mall to go see this one bridal shop. They were VERY unhelpful, VERY. Then went to the healthy cooking demo, then to Sam's to buy gas, then decided I'd try this bridal shop that someone told me about near Sam's. The second dress I tried on, I fell in love with! Actually, it's tea length but I really wanted something full length. I knew that my being short and needing petites would mean that any dress most likely would have to be altered. Well, the tea length is perfect for me, it doesn't have to be hemmed, yet it's full length. The minor alterations they have to do they aren't even going to charge me for. Then stopped at WalMart to pick up a few things then home when Vince said that he'd gone to look at the mushroom table/chairs and even tho he didn't get those, he went to Big Lots and saw things that he wanted to show me. So off to Big Lots we go. Came home, didn't buy them but am seriously considering the chairs for the kitchen and the umbrella. Had dinner, now on the computer for the first time today. I'll probably go back to Aldi and get more mushrooms, after roasting them I found last time they were on sale that I could freeze them and they weren't bad at all.

Lori - happy birthday to your daughter

Here's hoping everyone has a great evening.

Michele in NC
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Monet 13 - PB2? I need to know more!!! I LOVE PB, but it packs so many calories.

:flowerforyou: Robin - I think about you and I am really hoping that all these good thoughts are making a difference. I so want to see you happy. You deserve it. Maybe this episode was a blessing in disguise?!

I had a pretty stressful workday today. My boss went out and bought me flowers. I am so lucky. I am wishing the same for Robin :flowerforyou:

I called the optometrist today and she called me back that Costco should take some of the responsibility. I suggested that I was the one caught in the middle and it does not really matter who is going to pay for my new lenses, as long as someone does. I gave her till next week (I know, I know...I am a tough but let's face it, also a very reasonable person)

Okay, here is the link to the new challenge: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/918643-veggie-fruit-1-day-challenge-saturday-march-9-2013 You are welcome to do this on another day. It's not some kind of rule (although I could call it a RRR: Rebel-Renny-Rule if you want me to :bigsmile: :bigsmile: )

All the best.

Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC
  • lyttmab
    lyttmab Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Good evening - My name is Jean. I live in Lakewood, CA, which is surrounded by Long Beach and just 10 miles south of Los Angeles.

I am 51 yrs old, so I was thrilled to see this board! Hope that it is ok to still join and I apologize for entering smack in the middle of your threads. Still learning the ropes around here :) . . .

A little about me . . .
    I am recently divorced after 25 years of marriage. I have 3 gorgeous daughters, 24, 21 and 11. I have a granddaughter on the way - she is due April 28. I can't wait!

I have battled weight most of my life. I was down to where I wanted to be and then got pregnant with our last daughter (I call her my oops surprise). She is my blessing and my guardian angel. Unfortunately I never lost the baby weight after that. They say being older makes it much harder and I completely agree. I was 40 when I had her. Then a few years later I suddenly lost my hearing, going profoundly deaf (more about that later).

Then down the line, I found out my husband was having an affair with his female boss. So after 25 years of marriage, I filed for divorce - and that's all it took, I gained 40 pounds in a year. Needless to say, I desperately needed to do something. So I decided that 2013 was the year I was going to take care of myself. I want to get healthy physically, mentally and emotionally!

I have lots to share, but I will do it a little at a time. I am so glad to find you all and I hope that I will have the opportunity to get to know you better. I look forward to sharing, learning, supporting, helping, listening, and congratulating all of you!

Hugs, and make it a great day . . .
    Jean
  • nonnicee
    nonnicee Posts: 38
    Options
    Just touching base...I only had time to read over the last page of the post. So many comments and things going on.

Jo, Wales UK - the wallpaper well said was well said!!

Jean from Lakewood - there is nothing to join...just jump in with your comments. You have taken the first step. So sorry to hear of your troubles with the hubby and then loosing your hearing... If those are your daughters in your profile picture you have done well.

I must go, I have dozed off while writing this. I really need to try to get more sleep.

All the best,
    Mary in TN
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I love going to Big Lots, you never know what you will find. I have bought several peices of furniture there and I made my own toolbox that is reserved for me only!

Well I accomplished my goal for the week. My mother in law is not patient, not at all. She doesn't like to spend money but if we get her mind on thinking about something then she wants it so that;s what we have to do. She is on Medicaid and lives in a nursing home so we have to keep spending money to keep her account down to the Medicaid allowed level. With a person that grew up in the Depression and before she was in the nursing home shopped at Dollar general it is very hard to get her to let go of her money and let us spend some of it on her. Well the trend there now is to have the little mini fridge in their rooms. Since she can't go out shopping, I do the shopping, take pictures of it on my phone, delete the pictures that she doens't want and go from there. So we finally found the one she wanted. It came in from Walmart today and we got it over to her. When I ordered it the order form said it wouldn't be in until next Wednesday so it was a big surprise for us to walk n with that today. Those kinds of looks just make it worthwhile. So she now has a $100 Coke cooler. But she is happy and the business office is happy so I'm happy.

Now I don't have a task to do. I need something for my mind to know I have to do. I guess I'll finish my taxes, reserve my mobility scooter for our family vacation the end f the month, order our Ripley tickets for Gatlinburgh and order a luggage carrier. My real goal should be to get to the YMCA or at the least the mall but I get about .7 mile and some general exercises done here in the house every day and that does me in. Can't wait for Spring break and have vacation with the llittle ones!!!!!
  • Rosalindgr
    Rosalindgr Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Great topic: Febuary was my Birth Month so to celebrate I went on the Daniel Fast for the whole month. Basically the Daniel Fast is eating as Daniel did in the Bible. I ate nuts, fruits, vegatables, grains, and drank only water, no meat, no meat products, no caffeine, ( giving up the coffee was most challenging). And of course I prayered more often the usually. I must say i succeeded. 9lbs loss was the bonous!!

March my goal is to continue with the clean eating, i will add in the coffee occassionally as a treat, and maybe some dairy like greek yogurt and almond milk. My goal for this month is go to the gym at least 3x a week minimal, and get in 2-3 classes in addition to my regular 30min treadmill, 30min eliptical, and 25min strength training routine. There its in writing now I am accountable. LoL! Lets see how it goes.

:flowerforyou: Rosalindgr - how encouraging! 9 lb loss is amazing. It looks like it would be no problem for you to participate in my fruit/veggie challenge for Saturday!

@Phyllis in Cairo. - nice to see you on board. I agree with you about reading others' posts and being inspired. We call that coming for your dose of Vitamin F!

@moxie1962 - I have those days too, when you just want eat everything in sight. My strategy is to have no junk food in the house, so anything I eat will eat least be of good quality.

@DeeDee and Brooke - thanks for the good thoughts. I hope to call the optometrist today and see what she will do for me, such as pay for my new prescription.

:drinker: Is everyone stocking up on veggies en fruits? I will post the challenge tonight.

Have a great day everyone.

:heart: Renny
    Vancouver Island, BC

Hi Renny, looking forward to challenge!!
  • EstherStark
    EstherStark Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This is my first visit to this string of communication but I liked the idea of setting monthly resolutions. I have just joined MFP this week so everything on here is new to me but I'm excited about the journey!! Ok... hmmmm March fitness goals... I'm going to be out of town for a week so I need to set some that I can still work at while in a motel.

1. Complete my Public Speaking Classes this month
    2. Join a Toastmasters Club once I complete the current speech course.
    3. I've been exercising 3 nights a week... continue but work more diligently at it! (I took the word TRY back out of that sentence!! :noway: )
    4. Work on a menu to plan caloric intake ahead of time.
    5. Incorporate a "fun activity" for some kind of exercise once a week, in addition to the 3 workout nights.

Ok... I'd better not get carried away with too many resolutions here. :blushing: This will do for now.

I look forward to following your string of communication.
    Good luck ladies!

Esther in Southern Oregon
  • christschild2
    christschild2 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I bumped this earlier in the month to decide if I was going to commit to this post. I may not be able post every day but I will at least try to post every week. Some of the things I plan for March are as follows:

1.) Join Curves with a friend who has been asking me to go with her.
    2.) Begin weight training because I like that better then Curves.
    3.) Continue to improve my eating habits that I began in January by not eating yeast, butter, baking powder, sugar and red meat.
    4.) Lose 10 lbs this month
    5.) Send cards to encourage those in my church who need a kind word. (I love sending people something tangible because they tend to like it better and it makes me feel good to see them smile.)
    6.) Not get discouraged if I happen to miss logging in one day by a minute or two. I know what I eat and I keep a journal so that I can see my real progress.
    7.) Update my weight loss ticker because I have lost 13 pounds in the last 2 months. Not a big number for 2 months but it is a loss!
    8.) Start a yoga class.
    9,) Begin to meditate more often. My doctor taught me and I sometimes go to his office so that he can assist me in getting there. I sometimes fall asleep when I do it at home.
    10.) Encourage those around me to get moving.
  • ohiomomof2
    ohiomomof2 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Good morning, all!

I've been running around like crazy the last couple of days, finishing up projects at work and preparing for a trip. I'm flying to Texas this morning to spend a week with my youngest DD. It's her spring break so we have a busy, fun-filled week planned. Visiting my parents a sibling for a few days, looking for an apartment for DD to move into in May, shopping for her birthday but mostly just soaking in the time with her. She's had some health issues the last couple of weeks so I'm looking forward to babying her and gauging her condition for myself.

I'll try to keep up while I'm on the road but know that I am thinking of those of you who are faced with challenges. Take care!
  • phyljen
    phyljen Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Welcome JEAN and ESTHER! Glad to have you joining us.

ORANGES AND TANGERINES AND STRAWBERRIES are in season now here and I am loving the flavors.
    Went to down town Cairo today and was a bit afraid of what I'd see but it was pretty Calm. I actually applied to
    get my Egyptian Passport today. I recently applied to be an Egyptian Citizen and now that I am official I could apply to
    get a passport. Now I don't have to get visa's to live here.
    Phyllis:smile: