WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR MARCH 2013

Options
1646566676870»

Replies

• keepitnewmarcia
    keepitnewmarcia Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Just checking in I really enjoy this site. Have been reading many posts and will try to add some notes this weekend. Had a great day and I really love the commradery on this topic/in this forum. Thanks all,
    Marcia
    Northern Va.
  • jmkmomm
    jmkmomm Posts: 3,247 Member
    Options
    I'm not even going to pretend to read the past 5 days of postings. We got back form vacation late, late last night, had a wonderful time. With my MS, I hibernate for at least a day. So I slept for about 15 hours, got up, ate a little bit and went back to sleep for another 6 hours. So I am now up again, ate another little bit. My diary postings do not show a good diet at all. I will be way below my calorie intake but I have tried to eat healthy foods today. I even lost weight on vacation even while I was basically riding in a mobility scooter. I tried to walk at elast a 1/2 mile a day, yesterday it was over 1 mile because it was the hiking day. We tried one of the courses listed as easy and was paved. At about 1/4 mile we turned around and went back to the car. I was afraid for my husband's heart and I wasn't doing good on it either. The rest of the family did it and said the last 1/4 mile wasn't paved. I sent my camera along though and have wonderful pictures of the family having fun. My youngest daughter and my oldest grandaughter are quite the adventureres and did a lot of climbing around the falls and got to the top of the falls. Ended up sliding down most of the way down also! There was a 1/2 mile walk we could have taken but ut was the hike listed as the one for seniors and those with mobility issues. i was nto going to say that was me. So we found a waterfall fairly close to the road and went to that and I did some climbing along with my daughter and grandaughter and left the others behind. It falt so good to be adventureis. My oldest daughter says she is becoming her Dad and wanting to hold everyone back! I'm glad my girls are so different but so loving! Some families are so dysfunctional and we all lived in a cabin and had a wonderful time. I will go to sleep in a little while again and finish my hibernation
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,945 Member
    Options