Guys perspective

Options
13»

Replies

• sisierra
    sisierra Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    Okay but that didn't answer my second question...oh and does a girl calling take the fun out of the chase?

The entire notion that a guy wants to chase is a myth perpetuated by a bunch of book writers saying what their target audience wants to hear and believe.

Guys do not enjoy rejection any more then you do,get the princess notion out of your head and be willing to be a partner.

I call bull****. Even I, as a female, like to chase every once and again. Its fun to watch them slowly capitulate, muah ha ha!
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. I hate always being the one to contact a girl - it feels so one-sided if I'm the one to initiate conversation.

I feel the same way about every guy ive met haha.
  • diodelcibo
    diodelcibo Posts: 2,564 Member
    Options
    I would have already called you if I was interested.
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options
    Would you really want to date a guy who was more interested in some obscure "chase" notion than actually getting to know you? Maybe it's just me, but if a dude was put off by me calling to make plans or talk for a few minutes, good to know now before I invested any amount of effort.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Should girls call guys? What goes through your mind when we do call?

I've always thought that women who called me had good judgement and were especially discriminating. Delusional or correct, it's what I thought.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    Yes. Nothing wrong with calling a guy. If you want to call him, call him.
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options
    I'm not certain what you mean about women calling men. If you don't have business to conduct, then I don't see why you would. Nor, if it's business, why you would hesitate. If you're referring to telephoning a potential suitor, then it's another matter entirely; and a matter I don't endorse! I'm not certain what sort of a woman would do that but I wouldn't like to meet her in a dark alley. There are certain rules, young lady, that are there to protect you. If you haven't been taught such things then you may well be in for a difficult life.
    With love,
    Burt

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options

No. Women should never be allowed near technology or books. It gives them ideas and before you know it they'll start thinking.
  • jakkidoodles
    Options

No. Women should never be allowed near technology or books. It gives them ideas and before you know it they'll start thinking.

This.

:D
  • devil_in_a_blue_dress
    devil_in_a_blue_dress Posts: 5,214 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Bigbill810
    Bigbill810 Posts: 117
    Options
    There is nothing wrong with calling a guy. Some of us well respect you more for it. Remember what they say: "First impressions last a lifetime." Not just first impressions, but patterns after that first impression. I can't speak for anyone else, but in my opinion, the days of responding to the games are over. Games are the quickest way of turning most men off. Sure. we still want to be the knight in shining armor when you need a flat tire changed, or a jar opened. But you will lose a quality man off you play games too much.

I enjoy the chase like any other guy, but if I have to work so hard just to get a date, that tells me that a relationship with you is WAY more work than it should be and I'll move on. If you show me that my work is paying off, then you will continue to get that hard working guy, trying to impress you and make you happy.

Hope this helps!
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Hell yes. I hate always being the one to contact a girl - it feels so one-sided if I'm the one to initiate conversation.
  • Bakkasan
    Bakkasan Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Yes, and for someone like me who never had the ladies flocking on him for his looks alone, it's exciting. If he is a GQ pretty boy who never had to try and couldn't summon a personality to save his life, he will probably be annoyed.