Bump for later
  • bimpski
    bimpski Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    bump
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    My favorite--it might sound weird, but my husband is filipino so this is a normal dish in our house.

Chicken breasts
    equal parts vinegar, water and soy sauce--enough to cover chicken in crockpot. If you like the flavor and don't mind the salt, just use equal parts vinegar and soy sauce. Add some black peppercorns, garlic, and bay leaves.

Nope not weird at all. I love filipino foods and this is similar to one recipe I have. It is yummy!
  • dawnj87
    dawnj87 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    3 lb Pot Roast
    1 can Coke
    1 package onion soup mix
    1 can mushroom soup
    quartered potatoes
    baby carrots
    sliced onions

cook on low for 6-8 hours. the Coke really makes the veggies have such a great flavor.

We used cherry coke when we make this and it is super good :smile:
  • mkwongh
    mkwongh Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    bumping for crockpot love
  • steppingstones
    steppingstones Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    This weekend I am cooking. Crock Pot Asian Pork with Mushrooms from skinnytaste.com. Also making Slow Cooker Chicken Tortilla soup for lunches this week. For that I combine a couple of recipes....so just put name of recipe in your search engine.
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    We love our cabbage soup....cook the beef and celery together, drain off fat, then combine with all other ingredients in a crock pot..low heat 8-10 hours (or high until cabbage is fully cooked) Delicious!

Cabbage - Raw, 1 head, large (about 7" dia) chopped
    Beans - Kidney, 1 can
    Beef - Ground, cooked, pan-browned
    Wyler's - Beef Bullion Cube, 4 cube
    Celery 2 Large 1in stalk chopped finely
    Diced Tomatoes 14.5 oz Can,
    add 1 can of water
    Usually needs no salt, but I always add pepper
    Per Serving: 184 calories per serving...should make about 12 servings
  • RemDogzMa
    RemDogzMa Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You should!! I always joke to my husband when we walk in the door after work, "Oh look, OUR wife cooked for us!" :laugh:
    dang it now i want a crock pot >.< food sounds east to make
  • crissyjean
    crissyjean Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    bump!
  • girlwithcurls2
    girlwithcurls2 Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    I have to jump in here and suggest the Cooking Light Slow Cooker recipe book. There is a 2012 edition that is excellent. Almost all of the recipes are within reason. Some are pretty fast (3 hours or so), others take all day. I have made many of these recipes and my family loves them. They have no idea that it's Cooking Light either. Check it out. It's the best slow cooker cookbook I have found.

Edited to say that everything is made with real ingredients. Very limited processed foods (cans of soup, packages of seasonings, etc)
  • 212ackley
    212ackley Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I regularly put a whole chicken, turkey breast on the bone, or pot roast with carrots, brussell sprouts and potatoes and let them go all day ... just fill 1/2 way with any preferred broth flavor (and you can easily make gravy out of the hot broth with a slurry mixture when it's time to eat!) I also do a Ham with potatoes & carrots the same way...my trick? use about 4 cups of water with a can of beer for a delicious gravy made with the juices after cooking! You now have my go-to sunday dinners! LOL

Can't forget about simple meatballs either...use your standard meatloaf recipe...form into balls...cover with preferred sauce (bbq, swet & sour, gravy etc) let them go on high all day...easy! (my favorite sauce is a play on a swedish style...mix 1 large can of cream of mushroom soup with 1 or 2 packets of lipton beefy onion soup mix - dry, no extra water - mix and coat meatballs....serve over egg noodles when done)

ENJOY! :happy:
  • lilawolf
    lilawolf Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    I tried this with turnips and carrots on the bottom, and a 4lb free-range chicken on top. I mixed lemon and garlic and rubbed the chicken and injected the juice into the chicken with a syringe. I cooked for 6 hours on low. The chicken was 180 degrees, so a little past done, but still juicy and delicious. The carrots and turnips were still a bit on the crunchy side.

We ate 3/4 of the chicken, then the last breast, the wings, scraps, and leftover veggies were pulled off the bones and turned into soup with the great broth that was in the pot (no added water when I cooked it!). Added some garbanzo beans and now I have enough to feed 4 again! It cost me ~$11 for 7 meals even with organic veggies and free range chicken. I will definitely do this again!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Cranberry Chicken!

1 Cranberry Sauce
    1 T salt&pepper
    3 chicken breasts
    1.5 apple wedges
    1 cup chopped onion
    1 T minced garlic

Crock pot on low for 4-6 hours.
    SO GOOD and it's a little sweeter so it seems so naughty too!
  • ZiezieO
    ZiezieO Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Venison Stroganoff!

1 lb venison scraps
    1 medium size container sour cream
    1 can of cream of mushroom
    Lots (or no) sliced mushrooms
    Lots (or no) sliced onions
    1/4 cup water
    1T minced garlic.

Put meat in first, season it with chili powerd, salt and pepper and whatever other spices you like.
    Then mix all the rest together and pour over the top.

Cook High for 4 hour or Low for 6.

Serve over brown rice or if you're in need some carbs- egg noodles.

I actually like mine a lot over spinach alone!!
  • LizardQueen4PointOh
    LizardQueen4PointOh Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    *BUMP*
  • never124get
    never124get Posts: 163
    Options
    bump bump bump bump bump.

because I love my slow cooker.

:heart:
  • simone207
    simone207 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    bump
  • chrystalah
    chrystalah Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Dashingdish.com has tons of amazing recipes for the crockpot and without!