Do you log your fruits & veggies?

Options

Replies

• 0xbalthamosx0
    0xbalthamosx0 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Every little thing ><; It's easy to log so just put them <3 Broccoli has a few calories more then I thought :O!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Yes.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Nothing is free. Everything adds up.
  • Ramberta
    Ramberta Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    I log them, but I don't stress over exact amounts, I usually just eyeball. Unless it's something I eat often, like baby carrots, then I weigh them out a few times until I can eyeball an approximate enough serving on my own.

Mostly I like to log them because they do affect my carb and sodium totals (and sugar, for fruit), even if the cals are next to nothing. Same reason I log spices also. It may seem a bit obsessive, but everything you put into your mouth does ultimately affect you.
  • tjsoccermom
    tjsoccermom Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    I log them. Fruits can have quite a few calories. Love 'em, eat 'em, and know they're good for me, but eat too many and I can go over my calories.
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    Yes. They all have calories, especially fruit. i eat a banana daily, and that's 100+ calories. And I find tracking fibre to be very important, since pooping is fun. Or maybe it's just that being constipated is not fun....
  • MumOfADuo
    MumOfADuo Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    I don't log my fruits & veg calories into MFP. I love it! Gives me an incentive to eat more fruits & veg because they're 'free'.
    I do log any salad dressings, dips, and such.

Anyone else?

They are only 'free' in weight watcher terms lol...they still have calories and can derail your entire weight loss if you are eating a ton of them.....bananas alone have like 90 + calories......
  • CLFrancois
    CLFrancois Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    I still log it, everything, even a pea. (ok, maybe not one pea)
    A banana has a lot of calories that I need to know about. I cannot balance my diet with protein and fats if I don't track carbs. Though they are 'good' carbs, still carbs. Right?
    Now if we are talking about head lettuce or even celery, I could see not tracking those if it is in smaller amounts. I mean, head lettuce has about 20 calories a cup? or something close.

I think the concern is more with fruit and the sugars in them. Of course if you are going to eat sugars and carbs, eat the better for you ones. But I think they still count.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Well fruits and veggies that are high in sugar. Most of the time I log everything I eat, but things like celery and lettuce, I really don't feel the need to log them because they are negative calorie foods or so I read on Google.
  • realme56
    realme56 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    They are not free, they have calories and sugars in them that are healthier but still count as intake.
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    Count everything!!
  • RipperSB
    RipperSB Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    If you bite it, write it!
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    tumblr_mbwjfbRe5z1r1vgod.gif
    Definitely! I log everything I eat! And as others have said, if you're tracking fiber, potassium, etc, you need to log those things.
  • Sunny____
    Sunny____ Posts: 214
    Options
    I didn't use to but I do now. One day I logged only fruits and veggies and discovered they added up to 595 calories. That was a lesson learned.
  • pen2u
    pen2u Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I log everything because as others have said, vegs & fruits have calories and carbs. And you never know, a nutritionist or doctor may want to see what I've been eating in order to help with some other health issue and I'll have a record to print out.
  • GoTeamMeaghan
    GoTeamMeaghan Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a nickel for everytime this exact same thread is posted.
  • redladywitch
    redladywitch Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha! Another funny topic. O-M-G!
  • wilki089
    wilki089 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Yes. Everything.
    I don't just want to lose weight by creating a calorie deficit. I want to be sure I am healthy and fit so I like to track things like sodium/fiber/carbs/protien. Also if I don't log them and I hit a plateau will I be able to figure out why or how I can modify my eating/behavior to move past it? Probably not.
  • krystonite
    krystonite Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a nickel for everytime this exact same thread is posted.

You'd be able to get a ring pop.
  • sPaRkLiNgLYFE
    Options
    yes because fruits aren't free of calories