Yo's 4 months progress photos - 1600-2300 calories daily!

Options

Replies

• nachodman
    nachodman Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Amazing! My wife and I are embarking on a similar journey, only I need to be patient and let the inner motivation, I don't want to 'push' her into it...Great work! You both are inspiring! Whereabouts in the UK are you all? I had the pleasure of visiting York and London not too long ago...
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Amazing!! You both look fantastic! And I love that you are both dedicated to your health!
    Really great work!
    SUPER inspirational!
    Thanks for posting!!!!

Thank you! :flowerforyou:
    Amazing! My wife and I are embarking on a similar journey, only I need to be patient and let the inner motivation, I don't want to 'push' her into it...Great work! You both are inspiring! Whereabouts in the UK are you all? I had the pleasure of visiting York and London not too long ago...

Good luck on your journey!

We are in the Midlands, just north of Birmingham.
  • VonTinka
    VonTinka Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I'm in love with her legs they are perfectly sculpted, wish i had those legs!! :O
  • sarahlouise7
    sarahlouise7 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I cant believe its been only 4 months!! You was one of the first people on here to offer me advice and Iv followed Yo right from the start, amazing transformation!! Its also lovely to now see your personalities coming through too :) Im very excited for you both and love watching your progress!!

What is the purpose of the carb cycling Matt? With at least 45lbs still to lose, id love to know your advice of reaching that loss?? Just finishing p90x and embarking onto stronglifts 5x5 so new to weights/lifting. My weight hasnt dropped at all for months!!! Have increased my calories to 1600 now and do 2-3 hours cardio a week so im hoping that will help :/ I have however noticed a change in my shape and strength so its not all bad :) But i dont really want to stay at 204lbs-210lbs!! I know about 7lbs is water retention due to medication i have to take so although im at 210, im more like 203/4 but that cant be helped x
  • JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    Options
    Great Caesar's Ghost! Awesome progress, without fail. You da man.
  • lilbell13
    lilbell13 Posts: 18
    Options
    AMAZING physique! I used to be very into weight training back home in Australia. I cant wait to get back into it, I want Yo's body! I just want to get the body fat down a bit first and then I'll be on fire. A lot of women are scared of weights, I love em!!
    I always admire the hard work and dedication that goes into turning your body into a work of art, which is what she has done!
    I cant wait to get there myself!
    Tell her she's a machine! Fantastic body!! :))
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    I'm in love with her legs they are perfectly sculpted, wish i had those legs!! :O

I'm afraid Yo needs them, you can grow your own however! :bigsmile:
    I cant believe its been only 4 months!! You was one of the first people on here to offer me advice and Iv followed Yo right from the start, amazing transformation!! Its also lovely to now see your personalities coming through too :) Im very excited for you both and love watching your progress!!

What is the purpose of the carb cycling Matt? With at least 45lbs still to lose, id love to know your advice of reaching that loss?? Just finishing p90x and embarking onto stronglifts 5x5 so new to weights/lifting. My weight hasnt dropped at all for months!!! Have increased my calories to 1600 now and do 2-3 hours cardio a week so im hoping that will help :/ I have however noticed a change in my shape and strength so its not all bad :) But i dont really want to stay at 204lbs-210lbs!! I know about 7lbs is water retention due to medication i have to take so although im at 210, im more like 203/4 but that cant be helped x

Carb cycling allows one to burn fat and gain muscle slowly. NOT at the same time but some days during the week you will be at a calorie deficit, others you will be ad a calorie suprlus, thus allowing fat burn and muscle gain. Its much slower than atypical dieting methods but if you don't have a huge amount to lose it can really help body re composition.

For you? I'd need to know more but I'd suggest at your weight (don't know your age?) and how busy you may be that 1600 is still perhaps a little too much and altho cardio is fine, maybe see how you do first without as much and incorporating lifting if possible? I'm not saying I'm right and I have the magic bullet but from first appearances.
    Great Caesar's Ghost! Awesome progress, without fail. You da man.

Thank you very much!
    AMAZING physique! I used to be very into weight training back home in Australia. I cant wait to get back into it, I want Yo's body! I just want to get the body fat down a bit first and then I'll be on fire. A lot of women are scared of weights, I love em!!
    I always admire the hard work and dedication that goes into turning your body into a work of art, which is what she has done!
    I cant wait to get there myself!
    Tell her she's a machine! Fantastic body!! :))

Get back in the weight room - nothing we enjoy better than the buzz one receives when working out!

I'll let her know but I'm sure she'll pop in later to say hello after her day shift - rather long at 13 hours! :noway:
  • MsipiGRITS
    MsipiGRITS Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I really want to start lifting to increase my upper body strength. So, I will be checking out your site. Any advice you guys have for newbies would certainly not fall on deaf ears! I agree that doing it together is soooo great! My bf is very fit and muscular so he inspires me every day. We aren't in competition but encourage each other to be the best we can be! Happy!
  • lina1131
    lina1131 Posts: 2,246 Member
    Options
    Amazing results!
  • sarahlouise7
    Options
    1600 could be too much? With exercising 5-6 days a week, a physical job (i work 20 hrs a week peak times at ikea so very busy!! and im a single mum to a 16 yr old and 3 1/2 yr old) so o was told to increase my calories as i havent been losing on 1300-1400 cals :( All this is so confusing :( And im 33 :) almost 34 in summer.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    1600 could be too much? With exercising 5-6 days a week, a physical job (i work 20 hrs a week peak times at ikea so very busy!! and im a single mum to a 16 yr old and 3 1/2 yr old) so o was told to increase my calories as i havent been losing on 1300-1400 cals :( All this is so confusing :( And im 33 :) almost 34 in summer.

1600 may be too little! Did it read too much?

I meant cardio - use it as a tool when weight loss stops, not before.
  • sarahlouise7
    Options

1600 may be too little! Did it read too much?

I meant cardio - use it as a tool when weight loss stops, not before.

Ah!! lol thanks, ok that sounds good to me, cardio isnt my best friend but i do it if i need to. ok thanks Matt, il start with out the cardio and see what happens :)
  • rita27ny
    rita27ny Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    wow
  • sphira
    sphira Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Wow, AMAZING results! Yo looks freaking incredible! Great job to both of you!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    Yo was gorgeous before and is gorgeous now! Congrats to her for getting to where she is at!

And kudos to you for supporting her! Wish I had someone to help me navigate the waters of heavy lifting!
  • coz1979
    coz1979 Posts: 120
    Options
    Wow she looks fantastic!! Good job :)
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    Yo's looking good, as usual!
  • lilbell13
    lilbell13 Posts: 18
    Options
    I'm in the gym 6 days a week and have really transformed my body. I am hitting that cardio hard. I want to introduce weights again, but I'm still quite heavy. I wanted to hit the 60's before I hit the weights again. I'm 78 at the min (started at 96), hoping to be in the 60's by May and then the real work begins. I love weight training and feeling strong!! ;)

People keep asking me, how much more weight I want to loose and I'm like 'I wont stop until I look good naked and then I still wont stop'!! :)

You are so good for relpying to every post! :))
  • joleenl
    joleenl Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    wow! thats amazing.
  • Matt_Wild
    Options
    wow

Thank you!
    Wow, AMAZING results! Yo looks freaking incredible! Great job to both of you!

That made me smile, thank you!
    Yo was gorgeous before and is gorgeous now! Congrats to her for getting to where she is at!

And kudos to you for supporting her! Wish I had someone to help me navigate the waters of heavy lifting!

I woudn't be anywhere else but by here side, there enjoying this life's journey.
    Wow she looks fantastic!! Good job :)

:bigsmile:

Yo's looking good, as usual!

:drinker:
    I'm in the gym 6 days a week and have really transformed my body. I am hitting that cardio hard. I want to introduce weights again, but I'm still quite heavy. I wanted to hit the 60's before I hit the weights again. I'm 78 at the min (started at 96), hoping to be in the 60's by May and then the real work begins. I love weight training and feeling strong!! ;)

People keep asking me, how much more weight I want to loose and I'm like 'I wont stop until I look good naked and then I still wont stop'!! :)

You are so good for relpying to every post! :))

We set out with a goal to get her in shape and she wanted to inspire. We are trying our best to achieve this goal.
    wow! thats amazing.

Thank you so much :o))
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!