People minimizing our success

Options

Replies

• Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I posted something similar on my wall last week....

My friends said to just blame it on crack... that people don't want to hear about the hard work, sweat, dedication that goes into it.. they want to quick fix, the "secret"......
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options
    I might be inclined to respond with...

Well, sitting on my butt, eating fast food, donuts, and soda pop didn't seem to work... so I thought I'd try working out, working hard, and watching what I eat instead. I'm very pleased with the results and feel great too. There's nothing like the rush you get from a good workout! Clears my head, and makes me feel alive!

thanks for asking! :)
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    What I took from that is, "Wow, you have way more determination than I ever could. I'm too lazy to lose weight by doing what I know works, so I will continue to be fat and unhappy."
  • kwagganin
    kwagganin Posts: 34
    Options
    Its because they're idiots. Don't mind them. Flip them a bird and keep up the good work.
  • patsnyder89
    Options
    I might be inclined to respond with...

Well, sitting on my butt, eating fast food, donuts, and soda pop didn't seem to work... so I thought I'd try working out, working hard, and watching what I eat instead. I'm very pleased with the results and feel great too. There's nothing like the rush you get from a good workout! Clears my head, and makes me feel alive!

thanks for asking! :)

Touche'
  • CharliesInCharge
    CharliesInCharge Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    What I took from that is, "Wow, you have way more determination than I ever could. I'm too lazy to lose weight by doing what I know works, so I will continue to be fat and unhappy."

as usual . said perfectly.. i was going to reply with exactly the same sentiment

The theory of what works to lose weight IS EASY, the practice and application of that theory IS HARD
  • olDave
    olDave Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    Please don't take this the wrong way but you answered your own dilemma when you said "I know it shouldn't matter what other people think and I'm doing this to make myself healthy.."

Good luck and way to go!:smile:
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    At first, those 'kind' of people annoyed me. Then I learned to eat prime rib, potatoes, bread and dessert in front of them, all while still losing weight. The look on their faces is priceless.
  • Maddalen101
    Maddalen101 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    You do have a great secret.
    YOU WORK AT IT.
    Next time someone says something snarky and trolly like that, say, Yeah, that's my great secret!
  • BreakingUpWithObesity2013
    Options
    Some people get jealous to know that you are putting hard work into losing weight and dont have a magic pill they can take w/o effort. Sounds like your doing amazing and don't let anyone get you down!
  • chooriyah
    chooriyah Posts: 469 Member
    Options

They don't want to hear that you ate less and moved more, because that means they could achieve the same results with a little effort. And people don't like effort.

Exactly!
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    At first, those 'kind' of people annoyed me. Then I learned to eat prime rib, potatoes, bread and dessert in front of them, all while still losing weight. The look on their faces is priceless.

THIS!

This weekend my sister saw me making pancakes and said, "I thought you were on a diet?"

I said, "I am. I've lost almost 20 pounds so far eating wine and gelato and pancakes."

She had no idea what to say, it was great!
  • geekyjock76
    geekyjock76 Posts: 2,720 Member
    Options
    Read the hundreds of Raspberry Ketone threads that are created here and you'll see tons of people looking for that "secret."
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I just say I workout and don't eat much crap....if my husband is with me, he goes on to tell them exactly how much effort I put in with my workouts, then their faces drop as in "oh, I don't want to to all that".

So yeah, they want a quick fix, which we all know doesn't work.
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    I work from home and only go into the office 1/week. Just this morning someone commented that I looked like I had lost weight (yeah!!!). Another asked how I did it. I said that I had been working out 5-6 times a week and had cut out my snacking and was logging what I ate. Her reply "Oh....anyone can lose weight if they work out that much, I thought you had some great secret". I felt like crap for about a half hour afterwards but now I'm just angry and want to tell her if anyone can do it then get off your fat *kitten* and work out...lose the weight! I'm pretty proud of the fact that I manage to work out almost every day while I'm home with 2 little kids and still manage to fit in work, playdates, preschool drop offs and all that other crap. I know it shouldn't matter what other people think and I'm doing this to make myself healthy but it's hard when people completely don't get it

make up some nonsense to mess with their heads next time. something about only eating while standing on your head and listening to Gregorian chants.

you're not doing it for them, you're doing it for yourself. who cares what they think. in fact, anybody who thinks there's a magic diet pill is not somebody whose opinion would matter to me at all - about anything.
  • Amy106Days
    Amy106Days Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    hmm... I am tempted to make up crazy ways to explain my loss. Luckily I haven't lost enough yet for anyone to inquire.
    Ideas to tell people:

Taco Bell Cleanse
    Eating only in front of a mirror
    Chewing every bite for the length of a song
    Eating without using my hands
    Alphabet Diet eat only one letter of the alphabet each day a-z repeat 3x

I suppose by the time it shows I will be proud of my efforts and tell people the truth but it is fun to imagine.

Congratulations to You!!!
    ( I did try the alphabet diet when I was 17, I lost 3 lbs and stopped at q. )
  • BrotherBill913
    BrotherBill913 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    You have the advantage of being at home. Even with 2 kids. I did it with 3 yearsssssss ago..... I am self employed and work from home so I can comfortably say it is much easier almost like cheating..... lol....... One thing is the food consumption. Because when you are home you do have to be more disciplined in your food choices and stay committed.
  • Dark_Roast
    Dark_Roast Posts: 17,689 Member
    Options

THIS!

This weekend my sister saw me making pancakes and said, "I thought you were on a diet?"

I said, "I am. I've lost almost 20 pounds so far eating wine and gelato and pancakes."

She had no idea what to say, it was great!

I think I need to start that diet! :drinker:
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    Options
    I have an arsenal of smug responses to comments like that.
  • Blacklance36
    Blacklance36 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    "Oh....anyone can lose weight if they work out that much, I thought you had some great secret".

When I read that it translated into this in my brain ... "well *kitten*, I don't want to actually work at losing weight. Unless you are taking some stupid-*kitten* supliment that actually tastes like cookie dough or found some new-fangled machine that you only have to sit on for 10 minutes while watching television I don't want to hear it because your success reminds me that I'm lazy"

Exactly what I was just thinking.....