I approached my gym crush .....

Options

Replies

• faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    to OP:

As a guy going to the gym - I have the mentality of "never ask a girl out at the gym". We are told (by girls) that they don't want to be hit on or bothered. That the gym is "me time" for them.

Hence - don't fault him for not asking more. The same way he cannot fault you for not asking him out. It's not the social protocol.

If you like him and want him to know (while being at the gym) - you'll have to let him know that you enjoy chatting and aren't bothered by it.
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    The next time you go to the gym if he comes up and asks to work in a set or whatever do this:

Pull your earbuds out and smile at him. Then say "Of course you can. By the way my name is xxxxx. I figured since we see each other here all the time and are often using the same equipment that we should at least be on a first name basis." Then perhaps you can start with small talk from there, or at the least a "See you tomorrow!" Kind of friendly thing.

ETA: I get that you're shy but even if you just introduce yourself it's a start.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    The funny thing is, if a guy posted this about a girl, he'd be a creep.
  • CaliforniaSweetheart
    Options
    Ok girly... I want you to walk up to him and gently but confidently grab his junk. Smile and make eye contact while doing so. He will either pull you into the sauna for some fun or run like hell. Either way, you got to touch him. Lmao!
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    Baby...who hurt you?
  • snoopytwins
    snoopytwins Posts: 1,759 Member
    Options
    OP...you aren't making it clear enough. LOL. Like some have said, actually introduce yourself that moves things beyond mere pleasantries. Straddle him if he doesn't get the hint after that though. All good advice.
  • sixout
    sixout Posts: 3,128 Member
    Options
    Baby...who hurt you?

The girl I said hi to at the gym, obviously.
  • faster_than_flash
    faster_than_flash Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Baby...who hurt you?

The girl I said hi to at the gym, obviously.

Been there dude, been there. It's easier to say hello on the beach (with us looking all ugly shirtless)
  • Deipneus
    Deipneus Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    Ok girly... I want you to walk up to him and gently but confidently grab his junk. Smile and make eye contact while doing so. He will either pull you into the sauna for some fun or run like hell. Either way, you got to touch him. Lmao!
    Or he calls the police. Sexual assault is risky.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    This is for you, OP - gymdates.com
  • ericadawn92
    ericadawn92 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    This topic has just caused me five minutes of great amusement.

No advise from me...I think you've got plenty of wisdom from everyone else already :)

Good luck! I hope it all works out :D
  • Mummyadams
    Mummyadams Posts: 1,125 Member
    Options
    bumping to read the next instalment
  • TxAlpha
    TxAlpha Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    ya'll should probably have sex pretty soon....lol...
  • mamasmaltz3
    mamasmaltz3 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the Thursday update, lol.
  • raychulj
    raychulj Posts: 458 Member
    Options
    bahahahah! Too funny!
  • esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    This is for you, OP - gymdates.com

hahaha!! I was curious so I checked out the site but noooo not for me....I really like this guy
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    /dear diary.

anyway, sounds like he is just in the zone when he works out and doesn't have time for chatter. Some days I don't really want to talk to people in the gym, probably why he keeps his headphones in.

Try to talk to him on the way out or outside, of when he has finished. If all else fails just write your number on a piece of paper and give it to him.

Wait for him outside?? I think that would be consider creepy. Writing my number down on a paper and hand it to him hmmm... not a bad idea. It's not like I am going to embarrassed myself I probably already did when I approached him.
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    If he is interested you will know by the lack of earphones and maybe he will talk to you or nod and smile to acknowledge your existence. You can always ask if he minds you taking the machine next to his, this will give him an opportunity to speak to you if he wishes. If he looks embarrassed or completely ignores you then, no, he is not interested. Body language can give a lot away!!

Unless they are really shy, most men will give you a hint that they are interested!! Good luck!

Great advice, Thank you!
  • sabimausl85
    sabimausl85 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    awww, i want to know what happens next...

btw, what does that BUMP mean? :/
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Just wait till he gets on the bench press and then straddle him... Problem solved

Hilarious!!