I approached my gym crush .....

Options

Replies

• zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Just wait till he gets on the bench press and then straddle him... Problem solved

Exactly!!!!
  • esmeralda44
    esmeralda44 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    to OP:

As a guy going to the gym - I have the mentality of "never ask a girl out at the gym". We are told (by girls) that they don't want to be hit on or bothered. That the gym is "me time" for them.

Hence - don't fault him for not asking more. The same way he cannot fault you for not asking him out. It's not the social protocol.

If you like him and want him to know (while being at the gym) - you'll have to let him know that you enjoy chatting and aren't bothered by it.

This is so true, I agree and before this hottie I use to think the same way, but I've come this far.....I am not backing down (unless he is married or has a GF) :blushing:
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    You caught him checking you out. Love that. Cute story. Ask him random questions about his workout or for advice. Make him talk! Hope there are steamy developments for you!
  • tegantheaverage
    tegantheaverage Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Bumping for the next instalment...
  • aprmay
    aprmay Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Next time you caught him staring, just wink at him. :wink:
    It's flirty enough that if he's interested, he will come over.

Eh. I do like the straddle more thou. Much more efficient. :tongue: :laugh:
    Can't wait to hear the next installment.
  • zooles
    zooles Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    Crush_zps09676e19.jpg
  • aeg176
    aeg176 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    [/quote]
    I'm anxious to hear what happens in next week's episode.

Good luck! :smile:
    [/quote]

lol! Me too! you better keep us posted!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Usually, if it's a match, you hit it off immediately. Both my husband and I are on the shy side, but the second we met it was instant chemistry and a feeling of comfort and security with each other. I think if there was awkwardness or ambivalence, it probably isn't a match. But who knows? Although it hardly ever happens, I could be wrong this time. :wink:
  • Dunkirk
    Dunkirk Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    Tell him about all of us!
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    Your a pretty woman :) just smile and be yourself
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Crush_zps09676e19.jpg

Love it!!!:love::bigsmile:
  • cebiginalaska
    cebiginalaska Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    Do the phone number thing. Some men don't take hints very well :wink:
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Your a pretty woman :) just smile and be yourself

Thank you!! I will
  • CristyMusicLovr
    CristyMusicLovr Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    Offer him a bottle of muscle milk lol and then straddle him haha
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Usually, if it's a match, you hit it off immediately. Both my husband and I are on the shy side, but the second we met it was instant chemistry and a feeling of comfort and security with each other. I think if there was awkwardness or ambivalence, it probably isn't a match. But who knows? Although it hardly ever happens, I could be wrong this time. :wink:

True, I was the one that was nervous. He did talked to me and he was smiling too...he seem collective. I have seen him checking me out and sometimes he uses the machines that are closed to me.....but will see :)
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    Next time you caught him staring, just wink at him. :wink:
    It's flirty enough that if he's interested, he will come over.

Eh. I do like the straddle more thou. Much more efficient. :tongue: :laugh:
    Can't wait to hear the next installment.

With my luck someone else would think that I am winking at them......TO FUNNY!!
  • esmeralda44
    Options
    I don't know if it matters but I am petite 5'0", I am about 110 (Athletic type); he is about 6'0 (big back, small lil waits, arms to die for, gorgeous face, and UUUUUUHhhh I better stop. Seriously, do you guys think that my size matter (I feel tiny next to him).
  • LazyGuy91
    LazyGuy91 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Congrats for attempting ... I wish I had the balls to do that! lol
  • stephalvarez5
    stephalvarez5 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    i'm kind of in the same boat. i saw a guy i think is very attractive, i've never seen him before, just started coming to this gym a week ago, i've been doing the same gym routine for the past 9 months so its easy to tell when someones new cuz i go from 3am - 6am when theres only 8 others there.

we are both focused and use headphones meaning zero chance of interaction, not even a sneak peek (atleast on his part). i recently made a pact with myself that i would no longer go up to guys, it's unladylike and sends the wrong message (in my opinion), besides why would i wanna go out with a guy who isn't confident enough to come up to me first? or doesn't find me attractive enough to take a chance? it's a great way to weed out the weenies. it just so happens that in my history of relationships, the ones that started with me going up to them set the tone of me being the dominant figure in the relationship which is not what i want. the ones that had the balls to come up to me first made a much more a significant mark in my relationships and seemed to value me more. but this is all personal preference and experience.

like my friend said to me after i told him about my situation, "let it go, no matter what, a guy is gonna check out a girl doing squats right in front of him, so you're probably not his type" i agree with my friends advice, i'm not one to chase guys, i'm over that stage in life. i agree with that theory of "he's just not that into you". i'd rather spend time w. someone who is so attracted to me that he can't help but introduce himself rather then try n get someone to notice how amazing i truly am. their loss.

with that said, here is a cute way to give this guy your number, i stole the idea from UFC's Forrest Griffin. Write your name and number & maybe something small to give him an idea of who you are, something that has to do with your past interaction on a piece of paper and give it to the front desk clerk to give it to him. Make sure the clerk knows who you're talking about, for example if he's wearing a black puma shirt with grey shorts, tall black guy wearing a beanie make sure to let the clerk know. you can even give the clerk a wink to let them know *thats the guy* when he's in eyesight. otherwise, you can do what i do and use this lil infatuation to motivate you to get in the gym ;)

goodluck!

.stephanie.
  • Peachoid
    Peachoid Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You seem smitten. Yes the answer is - large guys like petite women. You go girl.