Sweet Cravings?

Options
13»

Replies

• christianivanka
    christianivanka Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    vanilla or starwberry healthy choice frozen yogurt BEST THING EVER!!!!! 100 cal
  • misspecanrican
    misspecanrican Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I do the sugar free jello and add some fruit to it.
  • freelancejouster
    freelancejouster Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Whatever I'm craving in a moderate amount. :) I almost always have dark chocolate in the house, though.
    \

This. This every day.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    The only sweet thing I crave is revenge. And I always satisfy my cravings.
  • filthyfit12
    Options
    Eat a Quest bar or whip up some lemon "pudding" using my favorite Casein protein flavor and egg whites (or almond milk or water).
  • Andaisy1
    Andaisy1 Posts: 306 Member
    Options
    Fruit, low fat chocolate milk, or 100 cal mini ice cream sandwich
  • Katey_Gabbitas
    Katey_Gabbitas Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Try the infused raisins from Nakd. They are relatively cheap and you can get all sorts of flavours!
  • Christine1110
    Christine1110 Posts: 1,786 Member
    Options
    I have apples....2 of them a day. I love the Pink lady the best!!

Good luck...I have a sweet tooth also, It's very easy to get out of control with it.
  • meeulk
    meeulk Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I eat a Larabar or a single serve pack of Justin's Chocolate Hazelnut Butter. mmmm. Both are all-natural and, for me, don't lead to more sugar cravings like a million other foods do.
  • aesquivel47
    aesquivel47 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I throw a fat free greek yogurt in the freezer for 45 minutes. Tasty and full of protein.
  • ElicitDreams
    ElicitDreams Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I like to blend up little concoctions and keep them in little 2oz cups in the freezer for cravings such as this. (you know, those old jello shot cups you have lying around) Some of my favorite varieties are:

Coconut milk, pb, and chocolate protein powder or mashed bananas and raspberries

Another REALLY yummy idea is something a dear buddy of mine makes. 1 scoop of protein powder ( I prefer vanilla), 1 scoop of pb, and a splash or two of milk. Mix well and stick in the freezer for 15 mins or so. That is really good.
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    The only thing I can do (sugar is my ultimate weakness and downfall) is ignore my cravings and pray they go away! I know that me personally, 1 bite leads to binge eating sweets :blushing:

That is how I am. I can't have any sweets in the house or I will eat them all. Sad to say but true.

OP- Dark chocolate is good for you. Maybe get a couple Hershey kisses dark chocolate? I like Nutella. It's tasty on toast.
  • TheKidd2013
    TheKidd2013 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Grapes
    100 calorie skinny cow chocolate truffle bar
    Fiber one brownie

This ... or there is a carmel chocolate divine skinny cow (three pieces in a pack) for 130 cals - and I can savor each piece :)
  • KittenTikka
    Options
    I have (depending on what's available in the house, how much I'm craving sweet stuff, calorie availability for the day, exercise done etc etc)

Fresh fruit
    Fruit juice
    Fruit yoghurt
    Raisins
    Square(s) of dark chocolate
    Nature valley granola bar
    Nakd raw fruit bar

I try not to have lots of processed, very-high-sugar foods around the house as I'll eat them too readily (e.g. milk chocolate, ice-cream)
  • Lillyvine
    Options
    About 100 grms of strawberries chopped into natural yoghurt with stevia to sweeten it.:smile:
  • askeates
    askeates Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    it all depends on what the craving is for... if I just need a little chocolate, then I will do the Special K Pastry Crisps (the chocolatey one is amazing)... if it is ice cream (like last night) I will either get a weight watchers ice cream snack or make sure that I have breyers vanilla bean and throw some berries on it, or make a milkshake with unsweetened almond milk and berries (totally delish).

If I'm just not able to satisfy it with a low cal, slightly more healthy alternative, then I plan to blow it and will just have a big piece of cake... but make sure that the rest of my day is super healthy and I will do extra cardio. It doesn't always work, but it makes me feel better for having "binged".

The most important thing to remember, you CAN indulge occassionally... just make it the exception and not the rule! And DO NOT feel guilty and say that you have fallen off the wagon, understand that it's ok to do and move forward :)
  • rushandy
    rushandy Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I eat fresh fruit, kills the cravings every time. Apples, satsumas, grapes.
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Love a frozen banana and almond butter in the blender, makes a great sweet ice cream!
  • lindaw66
    lindaw66 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I find Vanilla Greek Yogurt very satisfying for my sweet craving or when I crave chocolate, Jello Pudding Oreo flavor only 120 calories.