Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Got various, but at the moment using a ratty 600 Diversion if I want to get around on 2 wheels.
    Got a KTM690 enduro which needs a new crank - all farkled up with long range tank, panniers, laptop and USB charging etc.
    Got a Triumph 675 and SV650 track bike.

Recently got rid of a GSXR1000 K6 which I'd got for town commuting, but no longer have the commute.

Also got a Rev3 trials bike and a couple of 'projects'.
  • Rosplosion
    Rosplosion Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Me! I got my first bike last year. Buell Blast I love it. Perfect for my first bike. Cannot keep up with my husband on his Triuph Sprint though.
  • JDMPWR
    JDMPWR Posts: 1,863 Member
    Options
    I am the proud owner of a XJ550 and a SR500.
  • NikoM5
    NikoM5 Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    How far are you gonna go with the CB?

ideally, about this far..

http://honda-cb750-s.456789.n3.nabble.com/file/n4027586/Brats-084-small.jpg
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Great to see more and more people posting about there bikes. Thanks everyone.
  • mojo75
    mojo75 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I ride and build motorcycles! I have a gsxr750 and several vintage yamaha xs650 and xs1100's
  • dogacreek
    dogacreek Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I ride three bikes, 2003 Harley Road King, 1980 Harley Super Glide and a 1965 Harley Panhead. Hubby has his own bikes. :glasses:
  • jriehl08
    Options
    I ride and build motorcycles! I have a gsxr750 and several vintage yamaha xs650 and xs1100's

Im a state lic motorcycle mechanic (said jobs). I also built a flat track quad 2 winters ago. No time to ride it tho. It sits most of the time in the corner of my garage looking sick.
  • kwilliams386
    kwilliams386 Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I have a vstar 650 - I ride more now, but it isn't as nice. Mostly through traffic in SoCal.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    I have an 08 650 Vstar that I bought as a leftover new 2 yrs ago. Tore my shoulder at work and only rode 2k miles the first year. I put 9k miles on last year in 3 months of riding. Today was the first ride to start of my season. 23 degrees in michigan when I left home this morning for work. Im shooting for 20k miles this season.

Wait a cotton-pickin' second here! Did you say "23 degrees"? And, only one poster on this thread mentioned it?
    I think, not only can you get frostbite at that temperature, but there's gotta be ice on the road to worry about.
    Shouldn't you wait until at least the crocuses pop up?
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    I go to Delmarva Biker week in OCMD every year and hang out with bikers, does that count?
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    2007 Suzuki SV605S

Couldn't ride much 2 summers ago because i got drunk, crashed my bike, broke myself for several months.

Couldn't ride last summer because i got drunk, crashed my car and lost my license.

I've a bit of a problem. Funny part I don't really drink often, like months between sessions. I'm sick of hurting myself, being under the mans thumb, and the general scum bag persona this all must put out there.

Trying to put this all behind me and get a lot of good riding in this summer. Want to ride to Maine or at least NYC. LIve in Albany.
  • Fiesty1006
    Fiesty1006 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I ride a 2011 Kawasaki Ninja 650R.... But quads are a MUCH larger passion... Yamaha YFZ450R
  • jriehl08
    Options
    Wait a cotton-pickin' second here! Did you say "23 degrees"? And, only one poster on this thread mentioned it?
    I think, not only can you get frostbite at that temperature, but there's gotta be ice on the road to worry about.

lol I was suprized no one else said anything. I have heated gear and I checked my roads the night before to make sure they were clear. If roads are dry and Im not picking up my daughter from daycare while on 40hr work weeks. Im hoping to get in about more trips to work this month not sure if it will happen or not tho.
  • GiddyupTim
    GiddyupTim Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options

lol I was suprized no one else said anything. I have heated gear and I checked my roads the night before to make sure they were clear. If roads are dry and Im not picking up my daughter from daycare while on 40hr work weeks. Im hoping to get in about more trips to work this month not sure if it will happen or not tho.

You're too brave for me! Thank god you are not picking the daughter up. Phew.
  • 1PoisonIvy
    1PoisonIvy Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Learned to ride by sneaking out my brother's honda back in ~1970.
    My parents bought my sister one when she was 15!

I ride a Harley 1200 Custom, love my bike and love to ride.
    I even bought my daughter a who is now 18 a motorcycle last year, (Great little learning bike, a 250 cc Hyosung).
    And since I live in Texas, we can ride most of the time here.
    Today is perfect weather, sunshine and mid 70's, so ya'll come on down!!
  • No_Finish_Line
    No_Finish_Line Posts: 3,662 Member
    Options
    coldest day of the winter i was gassing up and saw a gold wing go by.. at least they have a windshield

every single day i went to starbucks all winter long i saw the same GSXR parked in the lot. guy must have work there, and be crazy
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options
    <--- My dog and I ride. Harley 1200XL.

Cute! We have a Yorkie who goes everywhere with us.

I have a 2000 Heritage Springer and a 2005 Heritage.

Like someone else said, my boyfriend has his own bikes.
  • jriehl08
    Options
    If i was only 30 minutes from work I would ride 99% of the yr as it is now I ride rain or shine once it gets warmer(above freezing)
  • BikerGirlElaine
    BikerGirlElaine Posts: 1,631 Member
    Options

I've ridden in the snow more than once. And I don't run a windshield or any heated anything. [Insert "brrr I'm freezing" smiley here]