Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• dsjohndrow
    dsjohndrow Posts: 1,821 Member
    Options
    I have a Honda 1100 Sabre which is older than my kids. LOL I have been riding since I was 7, which was in 1966.

I don't ride below 35 degrees because of the possibility of ice. In New England it's hard to ride this time of year because to the snow and the sand they use on it. But I have been out more than a few times just to keep things charged up. Can't wait for the first 70 degree day!
  • VeeBethTris
    VeeBethTris Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I have a Honda Shadow 600 and love my Honda Honey. Finally it is getting warmer and I take the bike to the Y. Just had it out this morning. I have been riding for almost 5 years and average 25,000 miles a year
  • groovylittlerockstar
    groovylittlerockstar Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I ride a Harley Sportster 48 and sometimes ride on back of my husbands Heritage Softail Classic. Can't wait for summer!
  • Danagirl28
    Options
    my husband took his honda 250 out yesterday and rode the kids around the block. Can't wait for 2 more mos. of work to give him the check for the bike he's been looking at! ;-) It's gonna be a fun Summer!!!!
  • BeeElMarvin
    BeeElMarvin Posts: 2,086 Member
    Options
    I ride. Always have. Always will.
  • The_Kid84
    The_Kid84 Posts: 28
    Options
    I ride. Always have. Always will.

X2. Everything from 70s sportsters o my current '12 triumph 675r sports bike.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    2005 Suzuki C-50 Boulevard...with a little modification done here and there...the color didn't turn out on the bike the way it looked on the test piece, but it's original and it's what I'm sticking with for now.

28439_450998989672_3053976_n_zps082323a3.jpg

28439_450999014672_8331439_n_zpsc576fe52.jpg

The custom speedo I had made with a picture of a great rally/ride we had a while back

28439_450998984672_6738708_n_zps96d74da2.jpg
  • LauraJeanG
    LauraJeanG Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I ride a Harley Sportster XL1200C. Lived in Texas for a while - looooved riding season down there, aka all year round :-) Now back in Iowa and wishing for warmer weather! 23 degrees is way too cold for me. I don't have heated gear or leathers and to get anywhere from my house you have to hit major highways, so you won't usually see me riding until its in the 50s and sunny.
  • LauraJeanG
    Options
  • LauraJeanG
    Options
    2005 Suzuki C-50 Boulevard...with a little modification done here and there...the color didn't turn out on the bike the way it looked on the test piece, but it's original and it's what I'm sticking with for now.

That's a great idea, love the speedometer.
  • Ta2dchic20
    Ta2dchic20 Posts: 376 Member
    Options
    Yeah, we wait for the salt and sand to be washed off, either by rain or the city. There's too many nook and crannies on a bike for salt to hide out and rust. It's supposed to be 40degrees here this weekend, I'm thinking...I'm itching, if it rains, it's on.
  • dsl01
    dsl01 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Me too.
    <=
    First bike at 18, and had one ever since, so that's about 43 years of riding so far.
    I have a couple others in the garage, but main ride is a 2011 1200s Ducati Multistrada.
  • jpfister1966
    Options
    I ride a Yamaha Stratoliner for the longer hauls and a fully customized VStar 1100 for the Sunday bar hops....Finally found a lady who loves to ride as much as I do!
  • Perrylr21
    Perrylr21 Posts: 51
    Options
    Honda VTX 1300C customized to my taste. I don't get to ride as much as I would like to, but love the time that I'm able to get out and ride.
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options
    1987 Harley Davidson Custom Softail! Counting down the days until Bike Week in Laconia, NH!!
  • ProudAirforceWife
    ProudAirforceWife Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    2010 Suzuki S40 Boulevard (her name is Sophie...yes, I named my bike), my husband has a Suzuki V-Strom...third riding season and LOVE, LOVE it!!! We took our first ride this Saturday and man did I miss it over the winter. Looking for our many day bike and longer bike trips this year. Ride safe everyone!
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    My current ride is a 2011 Kawasaki Concours 14ABS. I don't think I'll ever have anything else. All the bells and whistles for long distance comfort and sporty performance for the twisties and general oh crap acceleration.

Prior to the connie I had a vulcan 1600, before that a suzuki c50, and way back a vulcan 750. My wife rides too, she has a vstar 1300 tourer and before that a vulcan 1500.

We also have a 96 virago 535 that is a project bike we got for 200 bucks. Its torn apart right now. Nice to see some those in good condition.

Love that custom c50 that was posted earlier, beautiful! I enjoyed my c50.

I ride year round. I've had the connie for 18 months and have over 18000 on it, and I work from home so it'd be a lot more if I had a commute. Getting ready to ride from here in DE down to Charleston sc in a couple weeks and a trip to upperstate ny in June. Last summer we did 2500miles down to deals gap and the brp, a ride for a lifetime. We try to to 1-2 long trips a year, some 4 day weekends, and as many day rides as we can.
  • ladyrider55
    ladyrider55 Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    Honda VT750CA Shadow Aero here, bought her last summer *brand new* 2011. Passenger for a number of yrs, last summer had the guts to enroll in the Rider's Edge class at the local H-D dealership. Rode 1112 Miles in 3 months. Can't wait for this nasty cold, long winter to be done and gone. I'm Ready to Ride!

Sue in WI
  • Ninnylicious
    Options
    Hey...
    I am an x-motocross racer.. I still have a few in the shed (KTM 450SX-F) and a (KAWASAKI 250KX) :)
    They are my babies... but due to injury I can only ride them as a hobby :(
  • lousoulbody
    lousoulbody Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    2009 Harley Davidson Street Glide, my favourite ride to date, still itching for the first ride of the season, ill ride in 45 plus degrees nothing below that, as for the salt piles, we finally got some rain.

Ride Easy