Any summer vacation plans?

Options

Replies

• pteryndactyl
    pteryndactyl Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    New adventure -- solo backpacking through Thailand/Cambodia/possibly Vietnam. Excited!
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    We always make an annual pilgrimage over to E.WA to a place called Potholes. So much fun and so relaxing over there, we'll be heading there in June.

We also try to go somewhere new via road trip every summer too, so this year we are heading to Utah in September and doing a week long road trip. So excited!!
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Two possibilites right now.

Texas with 3 lovely ladies of MFP.

Italy.
    FIRST ONE BETTER BE A DEFINITE.

I won't believe it until I'm in your arms motorboating you.
    Our first embrace will rival that of legends.
  • amymrls
    amymrls Posts: 1,673 Member
    Options
    Hawaii!
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Whole lotta nothin' here... though I may take a day or two off here and there and just have a fun day with my little one.
  • MelsAuntie
    MelsAuntie Posts: 2,833 Member
    Options
    I have horses, ducks, dogs, and live on a farm. I haven't had a summer vacation in 45 years.
  • jessykab74
    jessykab74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Taking the kiddos to Florida.....they have never been there so this is super exciting for them.
  • _SusieQ_
    _SusieQ_ Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options

Well I have a couple of Spring trips planned first - to Chicago to hang with an MFP peep and her family - then to Oklahoma for a long weekend - mud run and girl time

and the BIG one (If the IRS doesnt screw us) is Hawaii in the summer with my BFF and MFP co-hort SusieQ

I came in here hoping you added that last one. :bigsmile:

A week in Kauai in August is my big trip this year.
  • k8eekins
    k8eekins Posts: 2,264 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm tired of all the snow and winter dragging into March.
    I'm ready for spring & summer!

We have a camper and love to travel during the summer.
    Last year we went to Niagara Falls.
    This year we are thinking about going down to Pigeon Forge, TN and the Smokey Mountains.
    Do you have any plans yet?

The Mediterranean Sea or the South China Sea ~ depending on where the majority can make it come June - September.
    Do you go to the same place every summer or try new adventures?

Partly traditional/partly new every Summer ~ to keep it varied enough.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    I have horses, ducks, dogs, and live on a farm. I haven't had a summer vacation in 45 years.

Wow! You must be content and that's a good thing.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    So many varied responses!

I am living vicariously through all of them :laugh:
  • lwagnitz
    lwagnitz Posts: 1,321 Member
    Options
    I REALLY want to go to Cabo, but since I'm paying for school it's not an option.

For sure, we're going out to Northern Virginia for my brother in law's graduation.
    I think we'll go on a couple "local trips" and do things like go to the UP and Kayaking in the Apostle Islands. And take lots of beach trips and Door County trips. That will make me feel a little better about not being able to party up in Cabo.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I REALLY want to go to Cabo, but since I'm paying for school it's not an option.

For sure, we're going out to Northern Virginia for my brother in law's graduation.
    I think we'll go on a couple "local trips" and do things like go to the UP and Kayaking in the Apostle Islands. And take lots of beach trips and Door County trips. That will make me feel a little better about not being able to party up in Cabo.

We honeymooned in Door County.
    We've also visited the Ashland/ Bayfield area.
    Very pretty.
    Kayaking in the Apostle Islands sounds amazing!
  • KayakAngel
    KayakAngel Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Same old boring thing - a week kayaking and primitive camping on about 80 miles of the French Broad River in North Carolina. Oh, wait. I just remembered it's fun as hell. Also plan to make every weekend a vacation by kayaking every river, lake and creek in middle TN at least once this summer.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    I'm going to St. Croix mid April! I am SO excited! Just laying by the pool/beach with some foo foo drinks, fishing, snorkeling, drinking, tanning, drinking, partying, drinking! I can't wait! Oh, and did I mention drinking!????

With little umbrellas in the drinks? :laugh:

You know it!!!!!!!:drinker:
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I'm also going to Hamburg Germany in July and my best friend is taking me to my very first Dallas Cowboys game in Texas stadium this fall or winter. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! So excited!
  • ShreddedTweet
    ShreddedTweet Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    The usual run of music festivals, as many as we can fit in, Rome again and hopefully somewhere else too maybe just Spain!
  • algebravoodoo
    algebravoodoo Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Germany!

Ok... I'm jealous!I am stuck stateside this year. No Germany this summer!!:sad:

Crying jag over. Where in Germany?
  • Mustang_Susie
    Options
    I'm also going to Hamburg Germany in July and my best friend is taking me to my very first Dallas Cowboys game in Texas stadium this fall or winter. EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEK! So excited!

Cowboys, huh?

Well I guess we can't ALL be Packers' fans:wink:

That should light up this thread...
  • Lisa1971
    Options
    I'm going to Germany!

Ok... I'm jealous!I am stuck stateside this year. No Germany this summer!!:sad:

Crying jag over. Where in Germany?

Hamburg. We'll be there for our 15 year anniversary. Then to Ireland to visit my father in law and his S.O. I've never been to Germany so I'm looking forward to it!