whats the beef on well...beef...

Options

Replies

• LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I :heart: beef. I eat it probably 3-4 times a week. YUM!
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    how could a rib eye or a file mignon with a great glass of red wine ever be gross?????

Amen!
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    Beef, for lack of a better word, is good.

Agreed!
  • dcuevas6235
    dcuevas6235 Posts: 135
    Options
    It's great for you. It has an amazing amino acid profile, micronutrient profile (zinc, B12, iron, selenium, riboflavin, phosphorous), and has all kinds of positive effects on male hormone production.

Absolutely, as long as it finds its balance in your week with other other meats and foods. Too much red meat can be bad for your heart and vascular system in general. Other than that . . . I love red meat. i'm about to eat some right now. :heart:
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Some say that beef and dairy are the key....

the key to the lost city of gold???

no, even better. the key to making great gainz!

"All kindza gainzzz. All kindzzz." Leucine-induced testosterone production.
  • MissCarter79
    MissCarter79 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    how could a rib eye or a file mignon with a great glass of red wine ever be gross?????

Amen!

Definitely not gross! 2 of my favorite things!
  • stacezilla
    Options
    I don't know but I'm staring at some Mongolian Beef right now and I swear it is calling my name.

Soup for me. :(
  • dez_yaoichan
    Options
    growing up, my family was more into pork and deer... beef was really only once or twice a month. I like chicken better only because I have trouble with my stomach when I do eat beef. burgers aren't too bad but steak is, I like my steak to still be mooing on my plate and don't care if I have stomach pains for the next 3 days because of it. But I still only eat beef once every couple of months- usually in Aug. and Dec. for mine and my mothers birthdays when we go out somewhere nice.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    I eat it a whole lot less than I used to, but I do like an occasional steak. It's the burgers (and often what I want on the burgers) that I've had to stop completely. It actually helps with iron too--for some reason, the best foods for iron, like bread and beef, are the ones blessed with carbs and fat and cholesterol! Keep up the good work, and enjoy your weekly steak!

burgers rock ..I make one with avocado, american cheese, tomato and onion..so freaking good...
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    It's gross.

Personal preference is one thing, I agree. I prefer a good steak.
  • sassynkp
    sassynkp Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Beef is not evil. Like anything else, eat in moderation. Grass fed beef has omega 3's which are good for you. So if you can get it- go for grass fed.
  • caribougal
    caribougal Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    I eat it regularly. Sometimes several times a week when I make something that gives me 2-3 meals.

I bought a quarter grass-fed cow from a local farm in the fall. 100 lbs of meat plus bones for stock and the dog. I'm slowly working my way through the freezer.

I try not to char it. That's where the carcinogens come in.
  • tacticalhippie
    tacticalhippie Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I eat beef almost daily. I buy it when it's on sale, portion it into 6-8 ounce steaks in ziplock bags and freeze it. It's my favorite protein. Nom Nom Nom. Oh and i'm pretty healthy.

I do the same thing.

I was raised on a beef cattle farm so we had some type of beef every night.
  • 3dogsrunning
    Options
    I eat it a whole lot less than I used to, but I do like an occasional steak. It's the burgers (and often what I want on the burgers) that I've had to stop completely. It actually helps with iron too--for some reason, the best foods for iron, like bread and beef, are the ones blessed with carbs and fat and cholesterol! Keep up the good work, and enjoy your weekly steak!

burgers rock ..I make one with avocado, american cheese, tomato and onion..so freaking good...

I'm usually a pretty plain burger person. Regular fixing minus onions, plus cheese. However, have you ever tried a peanut butter burger. My favourite local restaurant has an awesome one with a peanut butter sauce and bacon. Mmm.
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Want. (Can't freaking wait for bbq season).

I'm having slow-cooked roast beef tomorrow. A big pile of it. Omnom.
  • dmaloof2013
    dmaloof2013 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Too much of anything is a bad thing. Just eat in moderation :-)
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

It could be overcooked. I like my meat so rare I only eat unicorns.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Beef is good but having it every day will most likely give you too much iron which can cause long term health issues.
  • ndj1979
    Options

I'm usually a pretty plain burger person. Regular fixing minus onions, plus cheese. However, have you ever tried a peanut butter burger. My favourite local restaurant has an awesome one with a peanut butter sauce and bacon. Mmm.

ooo that sounds different and good..

I like to put a fried egg on my burgers sometimes..that is soo F'ing good..I think I am getting turned on LOL jk, well maybe...
  • ndj1979
    Options

It could be overcooked. I like my meat so rare I only eat unicorns.

LOL I think they are on the endangered species list..

but I hear if you eat unicorns and THEN do a detox that you will drop 10% body fat in three days...