Picking up women at the gym?

Options

Replies

• MsLadyVirgo
    MsLadyVirgo Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Love It! adding on: Gawk at them through the window/door while they’re in a fitness class. If your technique is up to par, you should have the luxury of boning two to three every “Gawking Session”. :smokin:
    Grunt really loudly as you lift weights. This will catch their attention, and when they see how much you're lifting, they'll be frothy at the lady place...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    I try to meet women at the gym all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Here are cliffs from when I did it last weekend.

-- Take off the iPod.
    -- Eye contact and smile.
    -- If she returns the eye contact and smile, then approach her and talk about something fitness related.
    -- I talked to a girl who was doing abs and I gave her a few pointers.
    -- I didn't want to talk about fitness, but it served as a conversation starter.
    -- Turned out I just didn't like this girl (too rough of a personality), so I didn't take it any further than that.

In all, the gym is the second best place to meet women. (grocery store being the best)

Thanks man! Great advice!!
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    It's a pity grocery stores don't have a weights aisle , damn I THINK TESCO WILL NICK THIS IDEA
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb... woman arent at the gym to be hit on, and if they are, their husband probably just isnt paying enough attention to them at home... so dont ever ever ever ever ever ever ever try to hit on a girl at the gym, because 99.9% of the time you will be a creeper, or her boyfriend is over there lifting 100 lb plates with his neck and will break you in half for being a creeper... Just go get your work out on, and dont stare or give them creepy weird smiles in zumba class either. Just a thought, gym is for working out, to quote eric church ... not "crrrrrrreeeeeeepiiinnnn"

But then why do they wear make up?

Seriously? You think women wear make up so you'll feel compelled to hit on them? :huh: Someone please tell me if he's joking, because I can't tell...

I happen to wear make up to the gym because I work out during my lunch break, and I'm not washing it off to work out and then have to put it back on to go back to the office.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    It's a pity grocery stores don't have a weights aisle , damn I THINK TESCO WILL NICK THIS IDEA
    Curl some watermelons and get that pump, bananas if you're just starting
  • Cr01502
    Options
    Sorry.

I didn't mean to offend you.

I just thought that sense you were wearing make up that you were trying to look good.

And looking good was meant to, you know, attract the opposite sex.
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options
    I try to meet women at the gym all the time. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. Here are cliffs from when I did it last weekend.

-- Take off the iPod.
    -- If she returns the eye contact and smile, then approach her and talk about something fitness related.
    -- I didn't want to talk about fitness, but it served as a conversation starter.
    -- Turned out I just didn't like this girl (too rough of a personality), so I didn't take it any further than that.

In all, the gym is the second best place to meet women. (grocery store being the best)

First, wait until she's done with a set.

Then, I always open up with "Hi, my name is Mike". I'll follow it up with "I see that you are doing planks, you might want to keep your head up while doing it".

After you give her some advice, then compliment. Something like "you look like you're in good shape, how often do you come here. I usually work out in the mornings and I haven't seen you around." At that point, if she's even remotely interested, she'll do her best to partake in the conversation.

Happy hunting!
  • HMVOL7409
    HMVOL7409 Posts: 1,588 Member
    Options
    Rule of thumb... woman arent at the gym to be hit on, and if they are, their husband probably just isnt paying enough attention to them at home... so dont ever ever ever ever ever ever ever try to hit on a girl at the gym, because 99.9% of the time you will be a creeper, or her boyfriend is over there lifting 100 lb plates with his neck and will break you in half for being a creeper... Just go get your work out on, and dont stare or give them creepy weird smiles in zumba class either. Just a thought, gym is for working out, to quote eric church ... not "crrrrrrreeeeeeepiiinnnn"

Seriously? You think women wear make up so you'll feel compelled to hit on them? :huh: Someone please tell me if he's joking, because I can't tell...

I happen to wear make up to the gym because I work out during my lunch break, and I'm not washing it off to work out and then have to put it back on to go back to the office.

Did you not pick up any/all of the sarcasm in the thread?
  • dezcast
    dezcast Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    Go help them out. Give them pointers on things they can do or if they are doing it wrong... Worked with me lol and I got suckered in that way
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options

-- Take off the iPod.

Then, I always open up with "Hi, my name is Mike". I'll follow it up with "I see that you are doing planks, you might want to keep your head up while doing it".

After you give her some advice, then compliment. Something like "you look like you're in good shape, how often do you come here. I usually work out in the mornings and I haven't seen you around." At that point, if she's even remotely interested, she'll do her best to partake in the conversation.

Happy hunting!
    It's better to stop them during their set if you have to, that pump ain't gonna last forever...
  • Cr01502
    Options

-- Take off the iPod.

Happy hunting!

Thank you so much Mike you've been a huge help. I'm actually writing this stuff down! LOL

Is there anyway to tell if a girl is looking for a serious relationship or if she is just into something more casual?
  • Lulzaroonie
    Lulzaroonie Posts: 222 Member
    Options

^^^ This. Also some women use make up as a security blanket and just don't feel comfortable about going out without it. They don't wear it so men will think they're hot, they wear it so they can feel like they have the confidence to go to the gym.
    So next time ANYONE, male or female, has to rip on why people look so flawless when they go to the gym, remember that. Also, remember it's also none of your business why they gussy up for the gym. Get on with your own gymming.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Hey, 619, you're at it early today.

My single best piece of advice is to wear a tight wife beater and frequently say "Yo." It's foolproof. The overwhelming majority of women find this combination irresistible. Your DNA will be viewed as a high-priced commodity.
  • links_slayer
    links_slayer Posts: 1,151 Member
    Options
    Give her your post-workout banana and ask her to peel it for you. If she uses her teeth, she's giving you the green light; you're in.
  • xoalynnxo
    xoalynnxo Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    how about dont lol

im at the gym to kick *kitten*, not to get hit on. from what i've seen, most girls think guys who try to pick them up at the gym are skezzy.

you got some nice creative ideas on here though

in regards to the make up thing...women wanting to feel like they look nice is not an invitation to hit on them...

if a girl at the gym is looking around and not working out too hard she's open market, but some bad *kitten* running or hardcore lifting; i'd stay away from them! they are definitely not there to be hit on.

just an fyi too....this whole thread is the reason why women feel uncomfortable at gyms...just saying
  • Cr01502
    Options

My single best piece of advice is to wear a tight wife beater and frequently say "Yo." It's foolproof. The overwhelming majority of women find this combination irresistible. Your DNA will be viewed as a high-priced commodity.

See this is something that I might be doing wrong.

I'm wearing sweats.

Do women find sweats attractive?
  • sbbhbm
    sbbhbm Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

Did you not pick up any/all of the sarcasm in the thread?

Ah bite me, I haven't had my coffee yet...
  • MM_1982
    MM_1982 Posts: 374
    Options

-- Take off the iPod.

Happy hunting!

Thank you so much Mike you've been a huge help. I'm actually writing this stuff down! LOL

Is there anyway to tell if a girl is looking for a serious relationship or if she is just into something more casual?

Nearly impossible to tell. If she's wearing a ton of make-up, perfume, yoga pants, and a skimpy top.. chances are she's looking for a good time.

I would prefer to approach a women who's NOT wearing an iPod. That's another subtle hint that they want to be interacted with. However, I approached women who are listening to music, but I haven't had a good success rate.

The most important (and most awkward) part of the approach is the initial introduction. When you say, "Hi, my name is Cr1502" say it with a nice smile. Then immediately go into your next line, which should be related to her actual workout or form on an exercise.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options

See this is something that I might be doing wrong.

I'm wearing sweats.

Do women find sweats attractive?

Women love sweats on men, but only if they are high-waisted and tight around the ankles.
  • MrsDevor
    MrsDevor Posts: 29
    Options
    I typcially fallf or the hot guy that sly eyes me. Also, casual conversation usually helps.