Replies

• islandbeauty81
    islandbeauty81 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    So much win in this thread.
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Keep looking at me when I'm trying to squat and make it really obvious your annoyed i'm using the squat rack when you want to use it. Obviously as you are the male you are superior and have all gym rights. That way I will know your the Alpha male in the gym and have first rights to all the equipment. That makes me weak at the knees every time......

I just have to say that not all men do this and some women do this. I was at the gym yesterday and I did two sets of leg presses on the machine. These two women saw me working on that machine. They were waiting for a class to let out and their class to start. So there they are, watching me do a set of sit-ups, then leg presses, another set of sit-ups, another set of leg presses. I get done with my third set of sit-ups and go to do the leg presses and there are those two women, who watched what I was doing, using the leg press. They monoplized it! They rotated between it and the gastroc machine next to it, so that one or the other was on the machine. They weren't serious lifters. I could tell. So I went over and asked if they would mind letting me finish out my last set. Grudgingly, after doing like four sets each using 20 pounds bars (seriously), they let me do my 160 pound leg presses.

So don't just get on the men for acting like they own things or don't share well with others. Some women have no brains as well. It was obvious that these two didn't know squat about lifting nor lifting etiquette.
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Mkay picking up women is really easy...you gotta start light though and work your way up..

Always lift with your back and use proper form.
  • drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Ask permission first then gently lift with your knees not your back. Only a few inches off the ground is needed also so as not to induce a scream. Try to choose a subject that's relatively light too.

EDITED because it's weird the person right before me said the same thing. I'm lame :(
  • ARDuBaie
    ARDuBaie Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So now I will be less serious:

Walk around with your arms bent out at your sides, like Popeye. Say 'yo' to every woman you pass on your way to the mirror. Stand in front of mirror flexing your muscles, making sure EVERYTHING is nice and hard. That will attract the women!
  • ihateroses
    ihateroses Posts: 893 Member
    Options
    Ask permission first then gently lift with your knees not your back. Only a few inches off the ground is needed also so as not to induce a scream. Try to choose a subject that's relatively light too.

EDITED because it's weird the person right before me said the same thing. I'm lame :(

HA!

....I win
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    Also, when you go to the pool area, make sure to wear a speedo and stuff it with a sock. That is a sure winner. And make sure you don't get rid of any extra hair if it is sprouting out of your back. You could even braid it.

LMAO
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Also, when you go to the pool area, make sure to wear a speedo and stuff it with a sock. That is a sure winner. And make sure you don't get rid of any extra hair if it is sprouting out of your back. You could even braid it.

Thanks!

I wear pretty tight sweats as is and sometimes I admit to putting a bit of patting down there. I'm not too good in the pool so I tend to steer clear of that area. LOL

The braids though? Do women find this sort of thing attractive?
  • My0WNinspiration
    My0WNinspiration Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options

Thanks!

I wear pretty tight sweats as is and sometimes I admit to putting a bit of patting down there. I'm not too good in the pool so I tend to steer clear of that area. LOL

Yeah bro, women love to pull hair too, ya know.
  • altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options

Thanks!

Of course they do. They all love back hair that is super long. And, it is really a win if you can braid it.
  • foxro
    foxro Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    I'm so confused...so do I pick up a women at the gym and sling her over my shoulders and do squats ???? Won't she think I'm coming on a bit too strong ?
  • emuravyeva
    emuravyeva Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Ask her to show you how to do an exercise she's doing or how to use the machine she's on. Obviously, don't ask for something really obvious like the chest press or something.
  • DesireeAshley90
    DesireeAshley90 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I've had no problem with it in the past but normally, things like correcting my form really just pisses me off. I'm not looking for opinions or your input. Just spark up a conversation and that's about it.
  • jamie610811
    jamie610811 Posts: 1,734 Member
    Options
    On a serious note when in the pool area make sure the "S" hasn't fallen off you speedo's
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    Ask her to show you how to do an exercise she's doing or how to use the machine she's on. Obviously, don't ask for something really obvious like the chest press or something.

Wow! That's really good advice! This way I don't come off like a big know it all as well thank you!
  • quentien3
    quentien3 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Honestly Speaking... I met my wife at Bally's Downtown Chicago in 2006. I had no idea she was the one, I simply saw an attractive person I wanted to get to know.

My first piece of advice is to see to be consistent with you own workouts... Good for the pump, not for the rump!

Second, see if you guys have any mutal friends in the gym, that'll be your true starting point.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Keep looking at me when I'm trying to squat and make it really obvious your annoyed i'm using the squat rack when you want to use it. Obviously as you are the male you are superior and have all gym rights. That way I will know your the Alpha male in the gym and have first rights to all the equipment. That makes me weak at the knees every time......

I just have to say that not all men do this and some women do this. I was at the gym yesterday and I did two sets of leg presses on the machine. These two women saw me working on that machine. They were waiting for a class to let out and their class to start. So there they are, watching me do a set of sit-ups, then leg presses, another set of sit-ups, another set of leg presses. I get done with my third set of sit-ups and go to do the leg presses and there are those two women, who watched what I was doing, using the leg press. They monoplized it! They rotated between it and the gastroc machine next to it, so that one or the other was on the machine. They weren't serious lifters. I could tell. So I went over and asked if they would mind letting me finish out my last set. Grudgingly, after doing like four sets each using 20 pounds bars (seriously), they let me do my 160 pound leg presses.

So don't just get on the men for acting like they own things or don't share well with others. Some women have no brains as well. It was obvious that these two didn't know squat about lifting nor lifting etiquette.

Sweetheart, it was said very tongue in cheek. I'm sorry there isn't a sarcasm font I could of used. Obviously my humour doesn't translate to you. For that I can only apologise....
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    lol 99.999999% of the time whenever I look at a girl squatting it isn't because I want to use the squat rack...
  • mikegl1
    mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Tell her "xxxxx body part is awesome! Can I feel it?" :devil: Nah..... I wouldn't try and pick up on anyone at the gym. It isn't a club. Now that being said: If you run across someone you are attracted to saying "Hi" is fine. If they respond with more then just a simple "Hi" back then see where it goes. To me anything more then a simple greeting is annoying. If it is meant to be it'll happen.
  • jesz124
    jesz124 Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    lol 99.999999% of the time whenever I look at a girl squatting it isn't because I want to use the squat rack...

No, seriously he did lol. I would like to think he was looking at me thinking wow that girl is awesome, she can squat more then me but nope, he just wanted the rack....le sighhhhhh haha