30 Day Shred - starting on Friday March 15

Options
Who is with me? Starting JM 30DS on Friday.

Replies

• lonemaiden
    Options
    Yep i'll join you! I started it the other day but I haven't stuck to it!:(
  • tisadell
    tisadell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm in
  • HealthyStartsHere
    HealthyStartsHere Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I'm up for it
  • slobsolb
    slobsolb Posts: 4
    Options
    Me too, I did one session last week then made lots of excuses, some support and accountability would be fantastic
  • Momowink
    Momowink Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Me too! I keep meaning to start and not doing anything about it
  • MummyMikaela
    MummyMikaela Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • mearnsmi1
    Options
    I started last week and was doing well, but got sidetracked over the weekend and so need to re-start. So I'll join you as well!
  • teaspoon43
    teaspoon43 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I did my first time last night so I need all the encouragement I can get - count me in!
  • Xena32
    Xena32 Posts: 13
    Options
    Ahhh so glad so many members are in.

I picked up the dvd yesterday, haven't checked out the schedule yet but as far as i can tell no rest day - 30 days working out. I haven't worked out in five months. This is going to be a challenge
  • tsboulanger
    tsboulanger Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Started last night... I'm in!!
  • tuxedord2
    tuxedord2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Just did my first one today as a trial run. I'm in. :smile:
  • Yayauk
    Yayauk Posts: 3
    Options
    Im in I started it yesterday .... You can find the videos on YouTube. .
    I hope this will work!
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am sooo in!!! I actually printed off a blank calendar and wrote in what level I will do each day (I get really bored easily so I am going to do each level for 2 days before switching to the next, in a circut for the full 30 days) and also figured out goals throughout the whole 30 day. Like on day 16 (which will be a Saturday) I have scheduled to go get a new Easter dress, since that is actually the day before Easter. And on the very last day, which is also a Saturday, I told my hubby that if I stick it out for the whole month, that we are going out danceing and he can not say no. Plus little incentives along the way (like stopping for starbucks one morning and going out to lunch instead of eating at my desk or in my car.) But all these prizes only get won if I stick with the plan EVERY DAY!! I can scan my calendar if yall want to see it?
  • MsKriss281
    MsKriss281 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I was going to start Monday but these graveyards are kicking my butt this week.
  • Zenaflare
    Options
    I just started last night. Do you know how to calculate how many calories you burn in those 20 minutes since you are combining the cardio and strength?
  • tuxedord2
    tuxedord2 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I just started last night. Do you know how to calculate how many calories you burn in those 20 minutes since you are combining the cardio and strength?

Would like to know that too. Don't have a monitor/tracker at home either (about to go get one). But have no idea what to log as excercise for level 1 day 1.
  • Xena32
    Options
    I am wondering if I should switch the Workout levels up as well. Shouldn't you have a day rest between working certain muscles? But on the other side, I am guessing she does not switch the muscles, just the intensity of the workout.
  • KevinsCatie
    KevinsCatie Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I am wondering if I should switch the Workout levels up as well. Shouldn't you have a day rest between working certain muscles? But on the other side, I am guessing she does not switch the muscles, just the intensity of the workout.

I think your pretty much right about the intensity levels. From the part that I watched yesterday, she seemed to work the whole body pretty evenly throughout the workout. Usually if you work a specific area heavily (ie: legs or arms) then the next day you want to work something else (ie: abs). But you can keep going everyday switching off like that. Since in this video nothing is being left out and everything is being worked moderately and not too heavy, than its ok to keep going without too much of a break. If you make sure you take a hot bath the first couple of days after your workout and try to stretch really good while you are soaking, then you wont be as sore. Promise! I really would not suggest doing this workout right before bed if you are just starting out again like me (I havent really worked out in about 2 years) because you really need to keep moving after an intense workout like this or you will cramp and it will HURT!!!
  • Xena32
    Options
    Thanks so much! Good thought! I will do the workout in the morning then and make sure to stretch before and after.
  • AngelaH10
    AngelaH10 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Count me in!