SWaT Team Challenge - WEEK 1

Options
rjm8185
rjm8185 Posts: 81 Member
THIS IS IT FOLK'S !! WEEK 1.

Good luck everyone, lets do our best, push ourselves a little bit more, and we'll get there.

Please post on this thread, your effects, your ideas, your encouragement and your thoughts.

There are now 40 walkers taking on the Challenge - Walking A total of of 1721 Mles this month.

Thank you everyone- THIS IS FANTASTIC !!!!!!

Replies

• jewelsb
    jewelsb Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi. I'm very new to Fitness Pal. What's the SWat Challenge? I can't seem to find anything out about it. Thanks.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone and Good luck

Jewelsb-it's a walking challenge just let rjm8185 know how miles you will walk this month and it starts today,and welcome to the group. Holly
  • rjm8185
    Options
    Hi. I'm very new to Fitness Pal. What's the SWat Challenge? I can't seem to find anything out about it. Thanks.
    [/quote

Hi As hunIbun said, its a walking challenge to walk as much as you can this month using Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD's or just walking in the park etc etc.

Just set yourself a miles target for the month and let me know, thats it!

We'll all try and Encourage each other by posting on thIS thread.

We are called the SWaT Team because it stands for SANSONE WALK TEAM. ] Good Luck, Its never too late to join in!!
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    I am ready to start walking away the pounds. I have surgery the beginning of next month so better start trucking now.
  • GingerSnark
    GingerSnark Posts: 153
    Options
    My videos are still not in from the library yet :( Can I do this challenge just by walking around my neighborhood??
  • hemcwhorter
    hemcwhorter Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I am joining you also and I plan on walking 100 miles in a month! I bought the 5 mile dvd and plan on doing it 5 days a week. I am excited to get home and do my first 5 miles today. :smile:
  • hemcwhorter
    Options
    I am joining you also and I plan on walking 100 miles in a month! I bought the 5 mile dvd and plan on doing it 5 days a week. I am excited to get home and do my first 5 miles today.
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    :drinker: YAY:drinker:

I have been waiting all weekend to get this thing started! I am going to the track tonight, I hope, but I will also do one of her video's! I figure in order for me to reach my 50 mile goal I have to do 12.5 miles a week...so I have to do 2. 5 a day...YIKES! Not sure what I have gotten myself into but, I am going to make this goal!!!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
  • jaxi
    jaxi Posts: 6
    Options
    Morning Rob, all! Welcome to all the newcomers, what a group we have now. I will be doing my first 5-mile walk this afternoon and can hardly wait. Good luck to everyone!

Jaxi :flowerforyou:
  • maynard46
    maynard46 Posts: 134
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! I've been looking forward to starting this challenge all weekend. I just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK. Can't wait to read some of the posts.

How does the ticker from TickerFactory get updated? Do we go in daily and manually do it?
  • rjm8185
    Options
    My videos are still not in from the library yet :( Can I do this challenge just by walking around my neighood

Absolutely you can, no problems, just try to keep a track of your mile.

You also watch and download a Full Leslie Sansone 1 mile walk from Youtube,com

here's the link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndVjwkaLGDk
  • rjm8185
    Options
    GOOD MORNING EVERYONE! I've been looking forward to starting this challenge all weekend. I just wanted to wish everyone GOOD LUCK. Can't wait to read some of the posts.

How does the ticker from TickerFactory get updated? Do we go in daily and manually do it?

I was wondering the same thing, I've no idea how to update mine lol.
  • hemcwhorter
    Options
    How do I add the ticker from tickerfactory to my page. I went there and picked out the one I wanted but did not know how to get it on my fitness pal.
  • rjm8185
    Options
    How do I add the ticker from tickerfactory to my page. I went there and picked out the one I wanted but did not know how to get it on my fitness pal.

On page you made your new ticker is a box with a long code in it, you need to copy that code and then paste it into the box on the SIGNATURE page of this website, then save it, it will then appear at the bottom of each post you make.

It can be updated by going back to that original page, where you created the ticker and put in the new millage.

I've already updated mine, but I havn't actually walked the miles yet, but I promise I will. lol
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    I am joining you also and I plan on walking 100 miles in a month! I bought the 5 mile dvd and plan on doing it 5 days a week. I am excited to get home and do my first 5 miles today.

(¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯)WOW!!!(¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯)100 miles that is a GREAT goal! As for me I am trying for 50 and I thought that was a lot! I have 4 kids so finding time is hard. Maybe by september I will try for 100, when the kids are back in school! I wish you the best of luck, keep us posted. (¯`*•.¸,¤°´`°¤,¸.•*´¯)
  • need_to_lose
    Options
    Is it too late to join? If not I will like to be in the group. I plan on walking at least 5 days a week. My goal is 50 miles.
  • rjm8185
    Options
    The more the merrier, great. Good luck Rob
  • megamom
    Options
    Question, I did the 5 mile walk dvd minus the last half mile because my knee gave out. My pedometer only says I did 1.94 miles though but total between the aerobic and steps is 11,991. So figure 2000 steps equal a mile I should be at my 5 miles or over. How do I figure this? By the steps, the DVD or the miles measured on the pedometer?
  • rjm8185
    Options
    The 5 mile DVD must take over an hour to complete, So if you march/walk at the same pace or beat of the DVD which usually varies between 3.5 to 4.5 mph, you should effectively walk 5 mles

1 mile DVD's are about 15 plus a cooldown
    2 mile DVD's are 30 plus cooldown
    3 mile DVD's are 45 plus cooldown etc, etc

I hope this helps! Are you walking to the same beat as the music and Leslie ? sorry if thats a stupid question !
  • megamom
    Options
    my pedometer and the clock says I worked out for 56 mins