Locked Topic...

Options

Replies

• jdelot
    jdelot Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to read the original post about your success, so I can't comment on that. However, I feel it is a little hypocritical of the mods to lock subjects like that, but there will be multiple posts everyday with subjects like, Rate the person above you...Bang, kiss, hug, or wave in regards to the person above you.

Those posts are in the chit chat section and do not violate any rules. MFP feels that topics on hCG violate their rule which they clearly posted for her when locking the topic. It is a private site and they have the right to set rules.
    So, they follow that rule to the letter, but rule regarding pictures is somewhat flexible?
    All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity
    - no underwear, thongs, g-strings, or banana hammocks
    - no pants or shorts worn mid-hip or below (no saggers)
    - no photos in which hands or objects are the only bodily covering
    - no excessive cleavage (if you would wear it to work, it’s probably OK)
    - no close-up shots of cleavage, butt, breasts or crotch in any state of dress
    - no hateful or violent imagery
    - no images containing profanity or vulgarity
  • stratcat45
    stratcat45 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I know at least three people who have done this. One-passed out and ended up in the hospital where a doctor instructed her to NEVER do it again. The second one was very successful but the minute she went off of it gained weight back extremely fast without a huge increase in food intake. The third one has been very successful; however she would now like to go off of it, but is afraid to due to friends that have done that and gained weight back fast.

My doctor doesn't recommend it at all.

Then there's Roni over on www.ronisweigh.com who lost on Weight Watchers. Her before and after photos were stolen off her website and used on one of their sites claiming she lost the weight using those drops (and giving her a different name). Needless to say, she wasn't happy.

Are you still doing it? If not, what happened when you went off of it?
  • BrettPGH
    BrettPGH Posts: 4,720 Member
    Options
    Thank you MFP for not putting up with dangerous, unsustainable diet plans. It really is what sets this place apart.

There's no way of knowing if your doctor did in fact recommend it. But I do know that if he did he's a pretty lousy doctor. I have no problem saying that. Not every md is a genius who knows all.

MFP is a place for healthy weight loss done the right way. Take the fads somewhere else before more people harm themselves.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    If you do not have encouraging words for people, you should not be posting.

I would REALLY like someone to show me the rule that says every post must be encouraging/supportive (aka don't disagree with someone).
    We all are here with the same goals.

Wrong. We are NOT all here for the same reason.
  • jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    because something is not FDA approved does not mean that it is illegal to sell OTC

http://www.fda.gov/forconsumers/consumerupdates/ucm281333.htm

HCG Diet Products Are Illegal
    here you go guess they are illegal its on the FDA page I just looked.
  • michaelalouise3915
    michaelalouise3915 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Im glad it was locked. People who lurk, or anyone who's impressionable might see you had great results and think, wow of I eat under 500 cals ill have results. And them get ill. I had an eating disorder, and sometimes ate more than that.

I would also question any doctor who recommends eating that low for weight loss purposes, the weight will surley pile back on once normal eating resumes, and the health risks are not good.
  • SarahSmiles2004
    SarahSmiles2004 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

I would REALLY like someone to show me the rule that says every post must be encouraging/supportive (aka don't disagree with someone).

They do say not to belittle, they don't say you can't disagree, just do it with some class and not be rude. Check the rules.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    I didn't get to read the original post about your success, so I can't comment on that. However, I feel it is a little hypocritical of the mods to lock subjects like that, but there will be multiple posts everyday with subjects like, Rate the person above you...Bang, kiss, hug, or wave in regards to the person above you.

Those posts are in the chit chat section and do not violate any rules. MFP feels that topics on hCG violate their rule which they clearly posted for her when locking the topic. It is a private site and they have the right to set rules.
    So, they follow that rule to the letter, but rule regarding pictures is somewhat flexible?
    All images on the site, including all profile pictures and images posted in the forums, should be work-place friendly. While we reserve the right to remove any photo we feel is inappropriate, here are some partial guidelines as to what is not acceptable:

- no nudity

I know tons of people who have had photos removed.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    Any doctor that recommends someone STARVES themselves to skinny should seek a new profession in my opinion. Congrats on your loss but I truly hope your body doesn't pay the price for the way you did it.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options

They do say not to belittle, they don't say you can't disagree, just do it with some class and not be rude. Check the rules.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

You missed my point.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options

- no nudity

And in some cases, for negligible amounts of the above-mentioned.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options

- no nudity

And in some cases, for negligible amounts of the above-mentioned.

Word.
  • Muddy_Yogi
    Muddy_Yogi Posts: 1,459 Member
    Options
    HCG is dumb and illegal.

^THIS...FDA made it illegal for them to market HCG as a weightloss drug. Look on their site.
  • amberklucas
    amberklucas Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Just a note on that - not all OTC hCG is illegal stuff. Most of it is simply not hCG. The stuff at GNC and Walmart is not actual hCG which is why the can sell it.

(That's a lot of acronyms)

Hahahaha! That was a lot of acronyms!!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    fuccing trolls.
  • Liatush
    Liatush Posts: 627 Member
    Options

- no nudity

All I see when I read your reply is BANANA HAMMOCKS, BANANA HAMMOCKS, BANANA HAMMOCKS....... hahahahaha
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    This is why it is a locked topic:

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm

HCG is not approved as a weight loss drug in the U.S. Your 'doctor' should not be prescribing it.
  • luckyjuls
    luckyjuls Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    You could always go to the dedicated sites for HCG users. They are really supportive on those boards, too.

I will say this. There are all kinds of people on this website. There are young girls who want to lose five pounds the healthy way, girls that have many pounds to lose and are hoping for fast results, and young girls who have never yo-yo dieted but are easily swayed (like I was when I was a teen). There are women in their twenties doing it the right and wrong way, restricting down to 1000 or working out and doing 2000. There are middle-aged and older women who have slower metabolisms, post pregnancy weight, a list of diets they have failed on, but might still be looking for a quick fix. Just to name a few.

Do you really want to be responsible for speaking about the merits of your diet, knowing that there girls and women out there who will not go to the doctor, but will heed your advice and start a diet like this without supervision? It's entirely possible for that to happen given the different kinds of people here. Beyond that, it's entirely possible for any one of these women to develop disordered eating for the rest of their lives due to the restriction of HCG.

I don't really think you want that on your conscience and I don't think MFP does either, which is why they have the right to restrict that type of advice on their website.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your weight loss! However, I believe the HCG diet you referenced earlier is considered controversial and does recommend a very low calorie diet. Promoting such a weight loss program is clearly against MFP rules. I'm sure you would be welcome to post your weight loss success and before/after photos and stats on the Success Stories message board as long as it isn't seen as a promotion of a risky or controversial weight loss method. :smile:

I think this is where my concern is. I do not find it to be risky if you are smart about it...

And what is your medical background/level of education exactly?

M.F.P. Hottest Person/M.F.P. Most awesome person
    Ice cream afficionado
    "Winning" Certified Instructor
    > 1 Year Consecutive Logging
    Been in gifs for 2 years and have studied custom gif creation
    jac-mr-mfp-o.gif
This discussion has been closed.