Red, White, Beer, or Liquor?

Options

Replies

• rebelate
    rebelate Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Vodka and whiskey!

Vodka and sugar free red bull, vodka and diet tonic with lemon. whiskey and diet coke.
  • taelardinois
    taelardinois Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Vodka and club with a lime, a glass of red wine, or a dark beer
  • stephaniecaine82
    stephaniecaine82 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Bacardi and diet pepsi......65 calories
  • Fffrick
    Fffrick Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Vodka and Soda is best of the worst - no carbs! Mich ultra, Guinness are my two beer choices. Guinness has less calories than Bud Light believe it or not.
    Cheers,
    Frick
  • Factory_Reset
    Factory_Reset Posts: 1,651 Member
    Options
    Beer or tequila. Will have to check out the site you suggested now. Thanks!
  • Barbellerella
    Barbellerella Posts: 1,838 Member
    Options
    cake vodka and diet coke is ALWAYS the answer..
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    "TOPIC: Red, White, Beer, or Liquor?"

My answer is Yes, to all.

Beer can be the worst for me since I drink real beer (no light pee water) and can drink it all day. Like this past sunday, in a 3 hour hockey game, I drank 96 ounces of it....that's more calories than I eat most days. For this reason, I try to avoid it. In moderation though, no problem.

When out all night, I go with vodka and soda (only 90 calories) and when I'm at home or a friend's place, it's red wine.
  • tadjo
    tadjo Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Whiskey and diet soda is my pic, think I will have one now. Guinness is also good.

How does vodka not have carbs? It’s not fat, it’s not protein it must be carbs...
  • throttle2009
    Options
    Bacardi and diet pepsi......65 calories

this ^^

And try to get in some extra work in the gym ahead of time to help with the calorie count, Plan ahead I say!
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    This- Having a few right now.
    The answer is always Guinness.
  • 50fades
    50fades Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I didn't know there was such a thing as diet tonic. I didn't think tonic could be that fattening? I will do vodka and tonics for St. Patty's then! Hey, I will add a lime for some green! Thanks and Happy St. Patrick's Day!
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    The answer is always Guinness.

I endorse this message.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    My username says it all :laugh:

Also like wine and beer
  • acbabbitt
    acbabbitt Posts: 50
    Options
    Red wine, a glass nightly. Perhaps two on the weekends. Or when I need to tamp down the desire to toss people off the roof ;)
  • oldbury8663
    Options
    Malbec (red wine) 5 oz = 122 calories. Worth it to me!!!!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I don't know really about the calorie amounts beyond my favourite beer being 160ish calories per bottle. I enjoy whiskey and 151 when I am in the mood for a drink. I don't usually have mixed drinks, unless it's St. Paddy's day then it's Irish car bombs and paralyzers for me.
  • _Pseudonymous_
    _Pseudonymous_ Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    So, I friend of mine saw this post and suggested a site: www.getdrunknotfat.com

Seems legit.

Now go forth and intoxicate.
  • trudijoy
    trudijoy Posts: 1,685 Member
    Options
    i drink. I have one alcohol-free day a week at least, but i have a glass of wine or two most other days. sometimes i use wine to bring my calories up. I get plenty of nutrition through what i'm eating so why not :)
  • albertine58
    albertine58 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Finding out that Tonic "water" is as sugary as soda was a sad, sad day. Diet tonic is okay, but who ever has that around?
    My secret weapon mixer is CRYSTAL LIGHT! Yes, I know, artificial sweeteners bah bah, but I only mess with the artificial stuff in mixers (diet coke, crystal light) so it's not like I'm full of aspartame everyday. Moderation.

Tequila + lemonade Crystal light = the Cheap Skinny "Margarita." add lime if you've got it. amazing. Plus you can keep individual Crystal Light packets in your purse to bring to parties where they might not have any low-cal mixers! This made me a lot of friends in college when all the mixers were gone.

At the bar, my go-to is clear rum & diet coke. And I agree about red wine being great for you; I always buy red.

Do I sound like I drink too much? I'm 23 and I live in NYC- what do you expect? :)
  • shaunwewege
    shaunwewege Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    It's not so much the calorie content of alcohol, but how it affects your bodies ability to process lipids. You could easily counter the calories by cutting out a snack or food items such as bread, but there is not a great deal you can do to counter how it effects your metabolism.

My advice? Drink what you enjoy. If you're going to have a "cheat day" and enjoy a tipple, don't be concerned about the calories - they are not the issue.

Just be sure to drink in moderation.