Replies

• WAHMto5
    WAHMto5 Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!
  • Supern0va81
    Supern0va81 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    This may seem like a "whatever" moment for a lot of people, but it is huge for me.

When I was in school, I was mocked. A lot. For being tall (6'1") fat (I wasn't) stupid (I wasn't) unpopular (I was) and geeky (I was). I was nicknamed sasquatch, and told that noone would ever date me.

I lived that identity and have fought with it for over twenty years.

I have never been overweight, maybe at most 20 pounds, but in my HEAD, I saw obese.

People have probably seen me around here, strutting my abs, and they may have thought I was so full of myself. Heck, look, here she goes posting another thread. But I'm here to say that I have slaughtered myself so many times for how I look, that those thoughts are so inaccurate they're unbelievable.

It is because of this site, that I am FINALLY learning to see me... for me...

Now, enough of that bs... (as in... I'm dropping that topic, and walking away from that past for good)..

I have always wanted a string bikini. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it represents the consummate of sexy? Or maybe because I thought I could never have one.... regardless I wanted one. And I would try them on, and hate them, and actually get emotionally upset, and leave.

Today I did it again. I tried on a string, and got emotional and hated it. So I sent a pic to a friend... and when I looked at the pic... it didn't look bad. So I tried a different pose... and that pic didn't look bad. And then all of a sudden.. what I was seeing in the mirror matched what I saw in the camera.

I wasn't seeing ME for ME... I was seeing me through the filter of all those mean things said to me.

So here you go, folks.. here is my new bikini... but more than that... HERE IS MY VICTORY OVER THOSE 20 YEAR OLD DEMONS!

RRRRRRRAAAAAAAWWWWWWWRRRRR!!!

91a9631f-1c50-47c7-9db6-084336fbfec0_zps1e4f77e0.jpg

2c34de32-5695-4ba1-8a0d-66e70060a2f2-1_zps9f34b3fc.jpg

I hope you don't mind me saying so but you are the epitomy of my aspirations. Would you mind if I added you as a friend? I hope to be where you are in 5 years time; fitness, family and fortitude. Thanks for sharing :) x
  • Camo_Man
    Camo_Man Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Not sure what else I can say that others haven't already said but you look amazing and I admire your hard work and dedication. Congrats to you and all your efforts...just simply amazing :flowerforyou:
  • NobodyInParticular
    NobodyInParticular Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You should look up your old friends... and go see them in that bikini. Winning.
  • tammyb1995
    tammyb1995 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    you look absolutely amazing and you strutt that bikini....you deserve it...AWESOME!
  • kuhar352
    kuhar352 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: OMG...you look FANTASTIC!!! I wish I could look that smokin hot! You're my inspiration!
  • LisaMarie8713
    Options
    If my body were ever that smokin hot, I'd never leave the house without a bikini!! Your an inspiration! :) Good for you, kids are cruel and don't realize how long those old nicknames can hurt. It is completely awesome you've had this moment and realize how incredible you really are!!
  • WinnerVictorious
    WinnerVictorious Posts: 4,735 Member
    Options
    When I was in school, I was mocked. A lot. For being tall (6'1") fat (I wasn't) stupid (I wasn't) unpopular (I was) and geeky (I was). I was nicknamed sasquatch, and told that noone would ever date me.

I lived that identity and have fought with it for over twenty years.

I have never been overweight, maybe at most 20 pounds, but in my HEAD, I saw obese.

People have probably seen me around here, strutting my abs, and they may have thought I was so full of myself. Heck, look, here she goes posting another thread. But I'm here to say that I have slaughtered myself so many times for how I look, that those thoughts are so inaccurate they're unbelievable.

Now, enough of that bs... (as in... I'm dropping that topic, and walking away from that past for good)..

I have always wanted a string bikini. Why? I don't know. Maybe because it represents the consummate of sexy? Or maybe because I thought I could never have one.... regardless I wanted one. And I would try them on, and hate them, and actually get emotionally upset, and leave.

Today I did it again. I tried on a string, and got emotional and hated it. So I sent a pic to a friend... and when I looked at the pic... it didn't look bad. So I tried a different pose... and that pic didn't look bad. And then all of a sudden.. what I was seeing in the mirror matched what I saw in the camera.

I wasn't seeing ME for ME... I was seeing me through the filter of all those mean things said to me.

i just wanted to make a comment on this point. i hope a lot of people reading it take it to heart. we all (or at least most of us) have these distorted perceptions of who we are and how we look. sometimes you really need to see yourself through the eyes of somebody else, the way the rest of the world does. just as the OP has learned to do. to this end, photographs can be immensely helpful.

if you're only used to seeing yourself in the mirror, you become familiar with that image and it's hard to see the small daily changes that are happening. taking photographs helps to overcome that. when you look at a photograph (and not your mirror-image in a mirror), you'll see yourself in an unfamiliar way and it becomes easier for your brain to see the changes in you that everyone else sees. this is the reason that taking photographs during this process is so helpful. obviously if you take photographs of yourself in the mirror, you'll need to "flip" the image in software to see yourself in this unfamiliar way, but my point still stands. the only one that sees you the way you see yourself is you. sometimes you need to step back and try to see yourself the way everyone else does. when you do, the changes you are making can often be much more obvious, simply because your mind is not accustomed to that view.
  • MrsK20141004
    MrsK20141004 Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    Wear it proudly! You look amazing!
  • MireyGal76
    MireyGal76 Posts: 7,334 Member
    Options

I lived that identity and have fought with it for over twenty never been overweight, maybe at most 20 pounds, but in my HEAD, I saw obese.

i just wanted to make a comment on this point. i hope a lot of people reading it take it to heart. we all (or at least most of us) have these distorted perceptions of who we are and how we look. sometimes you really need to see yourself through the eyes of somebody else, the way the rest of the world does. just as the OP has learned to do. to this end, photographs can be immensely helpful.

if you're only used to seeing yourself in the mirror, you become familiar with that image and it's hard to see the small daily changes that are happening. taking photographs helps to overcome that. when you look at a photograph (and not your mirror-image in a mirror), you'll see yourself in an unfamiliar way and it becomes easier for your brain to see the changes in you that everyone else sees. this is the reason that taking photographs during this process is so helpful. obviously if you take photographs of yourself in the mirror, you'll need to "flip" the image in software to see yourself in this unfamiliar way, but my point still stands. the only one that sees you the way you see yourself is you. sometimes you need to step back and try to see yourself the way everyone else does. when you do, the changes you are making can often be much more obvious, simply because your mind is not accustomed to that view.

Thank you so very much for posting this! What is interesting is that when I look at the pics I sent my friend... the first one my face looks so down / sad / depressed. The next one I looked kind of perplexed... and the last ones (the ones I put up here) I was smiling. I can see the pics the moment when I finally "saw" myself.

I totally advocate getting yourself a friend you trust and asking them to be your mirror.

Its totally worth it!
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    You are a bombshell and you are completely rocking that bikini!!
  • MoLivesLuvsLifts
    MoLivesLuvsLifts Posts: 1,168 Member
    Options
    L:happy: :happy: KING GOOD! You have abs of steel and more importantly...a heart of gold! Rock it girl! You deserve it!
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Luv it! String bikinis are the best! It's def a victory to look hott in one! Congrats!
  • taliar93
    taliar93 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Your abs are freakin' amazing! Jillian Michaels eat your heart out!
  • getup25
    getup25 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Wow! You look great!
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! I bet most of the people that teased you in the past can't rock a string bikini NOW! I have yet to buy an actual string bikini but it's on my bucket list! Thanks for sharing, very inspirational!
  • ferniejoy
    ferniejoy Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Amazing!
  • VorJoshigan
    VorJoshigan Posts: 1,106 Member
    Options
    Thank you for sharing. I like.
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    :heart:
  • Slrajr
    Slrajr Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Love it!!:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!