What do you eat for breakfast?

Options
I have been struggling to find a tasty breakfast but one that will also keep me full longer. I have done cereal (which I am so over the sweetness) and now I have tried deli meat on its own and wrapped in a tortilla with cheese. But nothing is exciting my taste buds. I was thinking of a breakfast burrito and making it the night before but not sure what to put in it.

Any suggestions? Ideas?

Replies

• rozojc
    rozojc Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    We usually have either cereal, egg whites omelette (you an add as many veggies and mushrooms as you want and they still are low calorie!) and we also tried the 2-ingredient banana pancakes (basicallly whip 2 eggs -or whites- and 1 banana, and prepare them as pancakes - they are suprinsingly good tasting!).

Other options (for us) include toasts (we use Sara Lees 90 calories per two slices whole grain bread) with natural jam or similar.

Lately I have Cheerios with strawberries to give it a better flavor and still keep the calories down.

Hope this helps!
  • tacguy
    tacguy Posts: 196
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology with almond milk, ice, a banana and a bit of cinnamon.
  • gostumpy
    gostumpy Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I've been having bagels & creamcheese... I really need a better breakfast!
  • ltaylor0430
    ltaylor0430 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Greek Yogurt, Banana and a cup of grapefruit juice not from concentrate.
  • eganita
    eganita Posts: 501 Member
    Options
    Generally...

On weekdays: Greek yogurt, piece of fruit (lately an orange), and a Luna bar (I am hooked on the lemon ones!)

On weekends: 2 scrambled eggs with low fat cheddar cheese, 2-3 pieces of center cut bacon (much leaner than the other kinds... and I will NOT eat turkey bacon), a side salad, etc. Sometimes we splurge and do French toast, but that is by no means a low calorie option :)
  • mommyshortlegs
    mommyshortlegs Posts: 402 Member
    Options
    To feel fuller longer, opt for protein: eggs, Canadian bacon, Greek yogurt, etc.
  • Richie2shoes
    Richie2shoes Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I make a breakfast burrito a couple times a week in the microwave. I prep everything on the weekends so it's grab and go.

In a bowl, I add chopped peppers, onion , mushrooms and turkey bacon with a spritz of cooking spray. I microwave that for a minute, then stir in an egg and a couple tbsp of shredded cheese and microwave it for another minute. I let it sit for about 30 seconds and wrap it in a tortilla.

You could sub regular bacon, but you would probably have to cook it first.
  • MrSiJo
    MrSiJo Posts: 25
    Options
    I have two eggs scambled or as an omelette with some sliced chicken or ham and a glass of water and that seems to work.
    When i'm hungry before lunch i'll either drink water and/or have an apple although the apple option isn't very often.

Seems to work fine for me but i'm certainly interested in other peoples suggestions :)
  • barefootsoul91
    Options
    I eat several different things, thank goodness for options. This week my breakfasts have been:

One banana, one scoop peanut butter, 10 oz milk, 6 ice cubes, blended (yum)

a banana alone

a cup of special k and strawberries

a one egg omelette with chopped beef and chives

kiwi and a sunnyside up egg

a banana again

um.. i used to eat yogurt and a fruit for breakfast

hope this helps?

mostly drink water, but for breakfast i sometimes have some OJ.
  • doc800
    doc800 Posts: 148
    Options
    egg whites, sliced steak in a hard shell taco with salsa
  • keeponkickin
    keeponkickin Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I'm not a huge breakfast fan but I do like my protein smoothie I make.

1 scoop vanilla protein powder
    1 tsp. vanilla extract
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 cup water
    1 cup ice

Toss all into a blender and mix until completely smooth and thick. Very yummy, low calorie, low carb and high protein. It "sticks to the ribs."
  • ChgingMe
    ChgingMe Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    usaually a 2 egg omlete with mushrooms, green and yellow peppers, cilantro, basil and oregano, tomato and a thomas whole grain english muffin with coffee. keeps me way full til lunch.
  • iBreatheMusic88
    Options
    Oatmeal with raisan and greek yogurt or orange,,, Keeps me full and focused. lol
  • mistyg07
    mistyg07 Posts: 29
    Options
    Wow that all sounds good. Eggs seem to be the reoccuring one in everyone's breakfast. Guess its time to start trying to eat them more again. Isn't it funny just one mishap with a food to upset your stomach sets you up for loathing it forever. I really like all the ideas. You all eat way more than I thought I could. I guess it is trye breakfast is the most important meal of the day.
  • cyoka13
    cyoka13 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    My recent favorite: 1 banana with 2 tablespoons of crunchy peanut butter and my morning coffee. It is so good!

I am not a big breakfast eater, so this might be too light for some. If so, you could put it on a piece of toast or eat a hard boiled egg with it.
  • tinavflynn
    tinavflynn Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I usually do low sugar oatmeal or Greek yogurt. I eat at 7am and usually have a mini snack (fruit) at 11am before eating lunch at 1pm. I hope this helps!
  • emilymo
    emilymo Posts: 1
    Options
    Chocolate Shakeology with almond milk, ice, a banana and a bit of cinnamon.

This is almost EXACTLY what I eat.
    I make the shake at night, shakeology expands when it's in the fridge, so in the morning it's as thick as a milk shake. You can put any kind of fruit in it too- anything goes with chocolate, banana, strawberries, blueberries etc.
    I drink a half shake before my workout in the am and then the other half when I'm done working out.
    I also like oatmeal for breakfast- also with almond milk.
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I often have a whole wheat english muffin toasted with one TBSP peanut butter

top with : sliced strawberries and blueberries
    OR
    banana slices, 1 tsp honey and cinnamon
    OR
    any combination you like with peanut butter

accompanied by 4 oz milk

I had that at about 6:30 this morning and just had my morning snack (an apple) at 9:45
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    I start my day with a SPECIAL COFFEE, crown royal whisky, baileys and cofffee, then i go and run for 2 hours,,then i come back and have another special coffee, endless energy., like the energizer bunny.
  • jennaworksout
    jennaworksout Posts: 1,739 Member
    Options
    I had butternut squash turkey lasagna...who says you have to have "typical " breakfast food...I got my carbs and protein :)