Scrambled eggs in the microwave?

Options

Replies

• heatherly711
    Options
    I love making scrambled eggs in the microwave, just add a little bit of milk, and if u wnat to get fancy soem seasoning...yummy
  • AubreySue81
    AubreySue81 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Scrambled eggs in the microwave are amazing. They get sooooo fluffy and light without any need for butter, oil, or cream. You just have to figure out your microwave strength so you know when to stir them before they become an omelette.

Yep! I have my eggs & egg whites this way most mornings at work. Although, sometimes I do add in a slice of cheese for a treat. :happy:

ETA: And don't forget the Tobasco! :bigsmile:
  • LishieFruit89
    LishieFruit89 Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I use a 2-c glass pyrex bowl, some chopped raw spinach & two eggs.
    I crack the eggs in the dish over the spinach, add a little water, put the cover on & shake it up.
    I take the cover off but then set it on top of the dish.
    I cook for 90 seconds, check it and then cook more - between 15-35 seconds.
    I add some Cabot cheese on top once it's done & out of the container and I have a protein on the side (this week is blueberry chicken sausages). Some times I add cooked chicken to the eggs & just adjust the cooking time.

Delish!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    They're different, but not bad. It's kind of worth it to have one minute between wanting scrambled eggs and having them.

Edit: Yes to precooking veggies - then mix into the eggs and stir a couple times while cooking.

Veggies? Veggies?

cm-21545-650528a3316409.gif
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    Just and FYI: Cooking in the microwave kills nutrients in food. Not deplete them , KILLS THEM.

This news was not music to my ears. :sad:

Please feel free to google it if you do not believe it.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Well I was going to weigh in and say that no, you could not make scrambled eggs in a microwave, but I see a lot of people like them that way. I think they are terrible - not really a scrambled egg texture, more like the steamed egg wodge we used to get at the school cafeteria - I'd rather eat styrofoam. But each to their own. Try them and if you like them they can make a great protein hit for your day.
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i love microwave eggs for a quick breakfast sandwich! they stay fluffy, and they stay in the shape of the bowl, so it doesn't fall apart. also, you don't need any oil or butter. just soak the bowl in the sink when you're done (or hand it to the dog for a pre-wash)
  • joann1948
    joann1948 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I do that most of the time. I also put some milk in with the mix. I use cheese, and veggies. It is very good......
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I always make scrambled eggs in the microwave - it's the only way I know how! (was the first way someone taught me)

Eggs + a little milk in the measuring jug, heated for roughly a minute per egg. Scramble up, cook for a little bit more if needed/still runny. Yummy!
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    I always do mine in the microwave. In fact I just had scrambled egg with some cheese added for lunch at work :)

The trick is to keep mixing often. If you just put it in and cook until done it can be more omelette like and maybe a bit rubbery. But I do mine 20-30 seconds at a time and stir in between. Takes a couple of minutes, eat it out of the bowl it cooks in and only the one bowl to wash up :)
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I stir two egg whites in a bowl and cook about one minute, stirring at least once. ( check every 30 secs at least). Then I sprinkle a pit of Parmesan cheese on top. Sometimes I will stir just a bit (1/2 tablespoon) of per cooked bacon bits in the egg before cooking.

Delicious.
  • witchy_wife
    witchy_wife Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    As long as you keep mixing they do scramble properly just like in the pan. I'll have to take a pic next time I make mine to show :)
  • DebbieLyn63
    DebbieLyn63 Posts: 2,650 Member
    Options
    I sometimes dice up some Eckrich-style turkey sausage in a shallow bowl, and microwave it for about 30 seconds, then add an egg or two and microwave, stirring every 30 seconds, till desired doneness. You can top with a little shredded cheddar, and it is great. The little grease from the sausage coats the bottom of the bowl so it doesn't stick as much. Only one bowl to wash, and super quick.
  • fireproof30
    fireproof30 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Even better? Half cup of liquid egg whites in a microwaveable bowl. Heat up for 90 seconds, remove, top with a slice of ultra-thin Colby Jack or 1/4 cup fat free shredded cheese and maybe a tbsp of bacon bits. Heat for an additional 30 seconds, remove, sprinkle with Cholula, and scarf. Voila! Low-carb breakfast bowl!
    With ultra-thin cheese slice: 132 cals, ZERO carbs, 5g fat, 18g protein
    With shredded cheese: 182 cals, 1g carb, 8g fat, 24g protein

Have it with a piece of wheat toast and a tbsp of natural chunky peanut butter for a nice filling breakfast!
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    I make them all the time. It's quick, they do have a bit of a different taste though. Just take them out and mix them every 30 seconds or so until they're done.
  • amberc1982
    amberc1982 Posts: 468 Member
    Options
    I take egg whites and cook them the microwave every morning. I top them with a fat free cheese slice, baby spinach and some sort of protein. Very filling.
  • mrsappleblossom77
    mrsappleblossom77 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    If you like egg sandwiches you can make up a bunch on the weekend on the stove top, wrap the sandwich up in plastic wrap and put them in the freezer. Then when you are ready to eat them take off the plastic wrap, wrap them in a paper towel and then microwave them for about a minute. I do this so my 10 year old son can make something quick for breakfast. I use bacon, egg and cheese english muffins.
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Easy peasy lemon squeezy. I make them in a shallow bowl and eat straight from that bowl.

All sorts of variations - spinach, mushrooms, tomatoes, all wont need any extra cooking beforehand (though I sometimes chop them and give them a quick 20 second blast in the same bowl before adding the eggs.)

1 or 2 eggs. Sometimes 1 egg and a glug of egg whites. Don't need oil, water, milk or butter. Season. Microwave 1 minute then stir. Continue in blasts of 20 seconds until done. Add some cheese before the end if desired, either a cheese wedge, or a sprinkle of grated parmesan/ cheddar.
  • RunsOnEspresso
    RunsOnEspresso Posts: 3,218 Member
    Options
    I have an egg sandwich everyday after the gym before work using the microwave. I have a little round glass bowl (about 4-5 inches across) that I spray with olive oil cooking spray. Crack one egg and add a little milk. Stir it up and I cook it for 2 minutes on half power. Comes out great, and fits perfect on my bread since I use the little round bowl.

If you're adding veggies you'll need to cook them first or else they'll still be raw/crunchy
    I do this but I dont stir the eggs. I cook them for one minute, then flip them over so it stays in one round piece. Cook for 30 secs more or until done. Then I put it on toast for a filling, low cal. sandwich.
    Make sure you don't overcook them or they turn into rubber.

This is what I do. I add whatever veggies I have on hand. I saw the "recipe" in a magazine a few years back. I don't pre-cook my veggies, usually add torn spinach, halved grape tomatoes and chopped broccoli. Oh and some of cheese, usually a sprinkle of parmesan.
  • areittinger
    areittinger Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I have had eggs in the microwave many times. I just recently found out in my Nutriton class though that using the microwave denatures any protien. So sure sure its quicker but it rids everything of its nutritional value.