• baddbob
    baddbob Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I have 4.

2012 CVO Road Glide

2008 Crossbones

1993 Heritage

1993 1200 Sporty

I live to ride and ride to live. I've got 25K miles on the 2012 RG in 10 months so far.
  • jswar2nd
    jswar2nd Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yamaha Stratoliner S

KTM 530 XCRW

KTM 400 MXC

Yamaha WR450

Honda XR600R

The dirt bikes are much more fun than the street bike is.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've been riding for a few years now. I picked up a 1986 Rebel 450 as a starter bike, and should probably move up, but I can't bear to part with it, especially since my painter husband did a custom paint job on it.

<<<<<I learned on my husband's 750 Shadow.
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I ride with my hubby....we have a virago920 and an 1100vstar :heart:\

ETA: I was gonna start a topic like this last night! Glad I saw this thread
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I've been riding for a few years now. I picked up a 1986 Rebel 450 as a starter bike, and should probably move up, but I can't bear to part with it, especially since my painter husband did a custom paint job on it.

<<<<<I learned on my husband's 750 Shadow.

Oh, and as to the cold weather riding, the coldest I will ride is about 45 F.

I just climbed on the back for the pic, but my DH was actually riding in this:
    SSPX0114.jpg
  • matthewdavidross
    matthewdavidross Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My grandpa used to take me on rides when I was a kid and I caught the bug! He taught me how to ride when I was 14 in a field on a 1973 Honda 450Four (I still have a side cover badge from the bike.) I rode dirt bikes and quads in high school and a buddy's Katana 750 in college but didn't get my own street bike until a couple years ago.

I had a little TW200, then a Venture Royale, then an '84 Goldwing bobber (sounds weird but it was a pretty BA-looking bike!) Now I have a 99 Kawasaki Vulcan Classic (see profile pic.)

I got to ride it a little last weekend and can't wait until spring decides to stick around so I can ride some more!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Yamaha Virago 535 rider here. Unfortunately noone else in my family rides and the season is too short where I live. Can´t wait to get her out of the garage.:smile:

Nice. I have the same bike.

IMG_3641small.jpg

Really want a Fat Bob, but can't justify the expense with med school possibly in the future.

Excellent choice.:smile:
    I want to keep mine, I love her. :) No need to change or upgrade.:glasses:
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I have 4.

2012 CVO Road Glide

2008 Crossbones

1993 Heritage

1993 1200 Sporty

I live to ride and ride to live. I've got 25K miles on the 2012 RG in 10 months so far.

That's what living in FL gets you- lots of riding time. I heard they actually have a road with a curve there, is that true? :)
  • danimalkeys
    Options
    Yamaha Virago 535 rider here. Unfortunately noone else in my family rides and the season is too short where I live. Can´t wait to get her out of the garage.:smile:

IMG_3641small.jpg

Really want a Fat Bob, but can't justify the expense with med school possibly in the future.

Here's ours, when we 1st brought it home. Not running. The people said it would run and then stall and needed a fuel pump, but the problem was a bunch of rust in the tank. I pulled the tank (what a pita, its under the seat) and need to pull the carbs and clean them out. It has some electrical issues too, when you turn on a turn signal they all flash. I just haven't had the motivation to dive in further because I'd rather be out riding than wrenching.

DSCN1690.jpg
  • patentguru
    patentguru Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Longtime rider. My first bike was a Yamaha enduro in 1982. Latest bike is a RoadKing.
  • jsantarelli
    jsantarelli Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I just saw this thread this morning and it is the first morning that I got to ride into work this year. Between all the snow and rain and cold it has just been a sucky winter. I usually ride most of the year as long as it is not too cold (>22f), not to winddy,not much snow or ice, and not too much salt on the roads I usually ride instead of drive. Living in Chicago we get lots of this crap in the winter months.

Current ride is a 2010 BMW F650GS.

20110505_0003-M.jpg
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options

IMG_3641small.jpg

Here's ours, when we 1st brought it home. Not running. The people said it would run and then stall and needed a fuel pump, but the problem was a bunch of rust in the tank. I pulled the tank (what a pita, its under the seat) and need to pull the carbs and clean them out. It has some electrical issues too, when you turn on a turn signal they all flash. I just haven't had the motivation to dive in further because I'd rather be out riding than wrenching.

DSCN1690.jpg

SAM_1477-1.jpg

That is mine with my daughter on it. Fortunately she is only 13, so I don´t have to share it.:smile:

Edit: how can I make the pic smaller? Help!
  • dreamingchild
    dreamingchild Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    Confession, I'm scared of riding on the back of a bike!
    My husband had one for a while and he drove crazy! It seemed like everywhere we went someone was trying to run us over!! In my mind, riding a bike is like going down some country road with nice scenery...reality was everyone in Houston is trying to kill you and hates you for no good reason!

First time I road my gf scared me into thinking that I was going to fall off, I was riding behind her bf. I just can't relax on one I guess. On the other hand I had a gf that would fall asleep on the back of the bike. Her husband was always worried about her falling off!
  • UnderConstructionJ
    UnderConstructionJ Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    2007 GSX-R 1000...and I love it.
  • danimalkeys
    Options
    Confession, I'm scared of riding on the back of a bike!
    My husband had one for a while and he drove crazy! It seemed like everywhere we went someone was trying to run us over!! In my mind, riding a bike is like going down some country road with nice scenery...reality was everyone in Houston is trying to kill you and hates you for no good reason!

First time I road my gf scared me into thinking that I was going to fall off, I was riding behind her bf. I just can't relax on one I guess. On the other hand I had a gf that would fall asleep on the back of the bike. Her husband was always worried about her falling off!

Bikes really are invisible to cars. Car drivers simply are not watching for them, they are looking for other cars. You have to ride like everyone is out to get you and always leave yourself an escape route. You have to think ahead- "what will I do if that car that is in the turn lane pulls in front of me? what is my plan- brake, swerve, some combo of both?" your head has to be on a swivel, and you have to ride within your means. Being "crazy" on a bike is a matter of time before you end up in the hospital. I'm not saying I don't have my times where I like to hit 140mph, but when I do, it's on a remote back road with farm fields all around where I no there are no cars, critters, etc, that will come into my path.
  • s_wilson84
    s_wilson84 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    20120818172237475.jpg
    20120817071927911.jpg

2010 HD Superglide Custom
  • jackpotclown
    jackpotclown Posts: 3,291 Member
    Options
    1996 Kawasaki Vulcan 1500 Classic....had it since '08....haven't put a ton of miles on it, but I looooove getting out on it
    edited to include the shot
    3314d8e6-6f0d-4adc-8d7f-dbb888788c60_zpsfa13b14c.jpg
    \m/
  • Penny427
    Penny427 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    IDK where you all are from but Im from TN so, have any of you heard of the dragon? Or been brave enough to ride it?

http://voices.yahoo.com/tennessees-dragon-favorite-ride-daring-motorcyclist-1550.html
  • Missellaneous02
    Missellaneous02 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I just learned to ride last summer. Bought a 86' Honda Rebel 250 and put 2k miles on it in 3 months. I've been to NY, NJ, VT, NH, RI, CT, and of course around MA where I live so far. Right now I'm putting a new exhaust, seat, rear fender, bars, and hopefully a tank. CANNOT WAIT FOR THE SPRING!!!