Five fays late!

Options

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,075 Member
    Options
    Dollar Store has preggo test... and they are only a dollar....

Just sayin.

:flowerforyou:

I was the one who said $5 for a test....I know I've seen them at the $1 store..

It seems like a big test to trust to the dollar store, but I guess if you combined it with skipping nine months of periods and you feel some little fluttery things and you look like you've swallowed a volleyball, you might be pregnant.

Here's your sign.

*edit spelling :grumble:
  • ThisGirl2013
    ThisGirl2013 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Stress and a complete diet overhaul can affect the timeframe, at least for me. Maybe wait a couple more days and test but could be affected due to your changes, depending on how "extreme". Mine are lighter and easier (not that they were ever terrible) but in just a couple months, I am a much happier girl! :)
  • cjowell
    cjowell Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    My first few months after I changed my diet and exercise my cycle was off. I knew I wasn't preggers but now it is back to normal. I eat 1500 cals and workout 4-5 times a week, so I don't eat too little and I don't think I work out too hard or too much.

So yes, I think that a change in diet and exercise can have an impact on your cycle.

No matter what, good luck!
  • midgetio
    midgetio Posts: 57
    Options
    I stopped having my period when I lost a lot of weight, the doctors thought it was that but after a scan it turns out I had PCOS so it could be anything!
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    All a pregnancy test is is a little chemical laced paper that shows a color in the presence of the pregnancy hormone... but 5 pregnancy tests at the dollar store.. if you get one positive... here's your sign....
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Dollar Store has preggo test... and they are only a dollar....

Just sayin.

:flowerforyou:
    I was the one who said $5 for a test....I know I've seen them at the $1 store..

It seems like a big test to trust to the dollar store, but I guess if you combined it with skipping nine months of periods and you feel some little fluttery things and you look like you've swallowed a volleyball, you might be pregnant.
    Here's your sign.
    *edit spelling :grumble:
    dollar store ones are just as accurate as the $15 ones at any drug store.
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    ]If you actually look at her food diary, you can see that she is eating and her exercise has been fairly low on the calorie burning scale. She may not be eating as much as she probably should (IPOARM and all that), but she's certainly not eating so little that it would cause this over several months or even years, let alone in a mere three weeks.

Definitely can't exercise as much as I would like. My M.S gets pretty bad in the winter from all the lack of sunshine. Trying to eat a little more as I read how important it is. Sometimes the fatigue gets pretty bad, so I just wind up sleeping and not eating anything, which bites. But SPRING is coming!!!!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    The only time I was late due to a "diet" was when I was stupid enough to try diet pills. I was three months late (and took a few pregnancy tests and wasn't pregnant... even had the doctor do one).

I don't believe just a change in diet would cause it. Having too low of a body fat % or drastically cutting your calories far too low could cause you to miss a cycle or a few cycles. But that would be due to severly decreased calories.

I would take a test. If you have some at home great... if not they are a few bucks at the store. If they come back negative, wait a week and if you still don't get it than try another test. If that comes back negative I would head to the doctor.

Just a side note to the poster who mentioned getting the dollar store tests... they are accurate. Just to test them a friend of mine who knew she was pregnant got a couple and tried them. The four she got all said positive. You can get false negatives/positives from the more expensive tests too.
  • verdemujer
    verdemujer Posts: 1,397 Member
    Options
    This post has been entertaining. Like so many others, I want to know if you are preggo or not. I haven't missed a period since I was in 6th grade so, in the past, late = preggo. But now, who knows. I could be pre-menapausal but I don't know as all the women in my family had early hystrectomy's so none of them actually made it through the change. I do know that my grandma carried my mom to full term at 49 years old when she thought she couldn't have any more babies. So, I could be fully capable. At 49 myself, I'm over it and sure wish the whole process would be done. But for you, I'm sure the suspense is a bit fun given your goal for being healthy. Good Luck!
  • now_or_never13
    now_or_never13 Posts: 1,575 Member
    Options
    $5 at the drug store. Or wait whilst biting of nails ensues.

I never had that happen.

$5! I wish (I've spent a lot lately lol)

$5 is super cheap!! Where I am they cost $15 for a single test or $25 for a double pack.
  • kelcro40
    kelcro40 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    So, I started about 3 weeks ago to get my weight in order. I am a couple of days late for lady time, did any of you women find the same thing? I mean there is always a possibility to pregnancy--but i think its more likely the change in diet. Its pretty common right?
    Actually the opposite. I lost some weight and everything has been back on track so far. I wasn't sure if it was an age thing (I am 41) or weight or both. But seems to have gotten me back on schedule. I have heard that loosing or gaining can throw things off.. Or maybe you should get a test!
  • Init_to_winit
    Init_to_winit Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    I'm curious about this as well. Just noticed that I'm a tad late too. I read a few forums and did some research and they all support that a lot of factors can change your cycle. Stress, diet, exercise. I have never had a normal cycle, not even when I was on the pill so I'm not super worried at this point. I think every woman is different though, some get theirs like clockwork, some don't. I have a few friends that have missed their cycle all together before too. These last few weeks, I've been really stepping it up in the exercise department and I've reduce my eating significantly, I was eating closer to 2,000 a day and now I'm more around 1,200 -1,600 (I worry more about my weekly average than my daily average).

I would say you won't know for sure until you start or take the test. Best of luck either way!
  • blakedebo
    blakedebo Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    If you are five days late you don't have to wait for first morning urine to get results, so test now lol!
  • Kaylaef
    Kaylaef Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I find they are about 20 here, for the double pack. But I keep some dollar store onces under my sink--because as long as you dont test to early it can detect the HGC just the same. I really wish I didn't spell days wrong. haha
  • Jennisin1
    Jennisin1 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    Yeah... I was thinking I was heading into a post about some serious missing visitors from Fairy... but this was as entertaining.. maybe...
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,075 Member
    Options

I really wish I didn't spell days wrong. haha

HA! I've posted in this thread several times and hadn't noticed. D'oh.

Don't point it out when you have a pimple either, no one notices! :flowerforyou:
  • MrsBozz1
    MrsBozz1 Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure if diet changes anything but I know exercise can. When I was a teenager I had a friend who was a gymnist(spelling? ) and she was 16 before it started at all because of all the exercise. If you are suddenly exercising more that can affect your hormones. Or maybe God has blessed you :wink: in that case HUGE CONGRATS!! Good luck!
  • hisgirl86
    hisgirl86 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Yeh, I'm so going to be checking up on this thread every five minutes til you let us know the test results lol. It's good that you'll be happy either way, so good luck!
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    So, I started about 3 weeks ago to get my weight in order. I am a couple of days late for lady time, did any of you women find the same thing? I mean there is always a possibility to pregnancy--but i think its more likely the change in diet. Its pretty common right?
    Actually the opposite. I lost some weight and everything has been back on track so far. I wasn't sure if it was an age thing (I am 41) or weight or both. But seems to have gotten me back on schedule. I have heard that loosing or gaining can throw things off.. Or maybe you should get a test!

I used to be very irregular...once I didn't have my period for almost 6 months. But since I started exercising more regularly, watching my macros more diligently and losing weight - I've gotten pretty regular.
  • samairon
    samairon Posts: 46
    Options
    Bump, just because I want to know how this plays out.
    Good luck! :)