deficit every day and no weight loss :(

124»

Replies

• Heather4nne
    Heather4nne Posts: 566 Member
    Just to reiterate: in this context, calorie deficit is defined as consuming 500 calories per day less than your minimum daily intake.

No, I'm not saying that if you eat exactly 500 calories fewer than recommended, you'll go into starvation mode in 24 hours. That depends on a whole series of person-specific factors, not the least of which being what the individual's daily caloric intake should be. But assuming that's somewhere under 1500 calories, yes, you will end up in starvation mode eventually. Meaning you won't starve to death and may not feel that hungry, but your body won't have enough calories to maintain day-to-day functions while burning it's preferred fuel sources.

well I disagree that eating 1500 cals a day will put you in starvation mode...plenty of people on my friends list eat 1200 to 1500 and do well and look great...so I guess we will just agree to disagree...

I'll agree to disagree, but with another clarification. I meant if you're supposed to eat 1500 calories per day and you're eating significantly less than that. Sorry, that wasn't well-put previously.
  • KatLifter
    KatLifter Posts: 1,314 Member
    EAT. MORE.
  • Eating at a deficit causes your body to go into starvation mode. The body becomes very efficient and burns less calories to make up the difference you are not eating. It is better to supply the body with a vast amount of food and balanced with calorie burn from your workout. Heed the warnings at the end of the day when you close out your food diary.
  • Trueray
    Trueray Posts: 1,189 Member
    Your probably eating at maintenance right now drop your cal a next 200-300.