RUNNERS: Asics vs. Brooks - GO!

Options

Replies

• Danny_Boy13
    Danny_Boy13 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    Personally I like both for comfort so it comes down to price... On a budget I will go with Asics but if I can afford the Brooks I would go with that.
  • melmckay99
    melmckay99 Posts: 358
    Options
    Mizuno makes great running shoes.
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Avia! Seriously though, I buy whatever pair feels the best.
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I've been hearing a lot about the Brooks shoes lately, I always wear Asics and my favo are the gel phoenix, even though they are a little heavier (def not minimalist) but i seem to be more stable in them, otherwise (due to a gimpy left foot and underpronating) i get a lot of knee injuries on both knees......... i bought some of the minimalist Nike's and OMG horrid knee pain.... Anyhow I have about 6 pairs of Asics and love them all.
  • kekpron
    kekpron Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Saucony

^-- This
  • KJoy7
    KJoy7 Posts: 246
    Options
    Asics!!!!
  • madamecj82
    madamecj82 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I've used Asics and Brooks. Both are very nice brands of shoes, but I'll have to say that Brooks is my better half or should I say pair! 0=) I have over pronated feed and they just seem to support them better.
  • Fittreelol
    Fittreelol Posts: 2,535 Member
    Options
    Saucony

^

ETA: I'm not just throwing this out there for fun. Folks with our foot type usually use saucony, brooks, asics, or maybe NB so it's good to try out all of them. :smile: I really love my Sauconys Sauconies?
  • Energizer06
    Energizer06 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Saucony

Saucony--Just bought this brand with a 8mm heel toe offset. perfect for me. Had a torn ACL a few years back and these really help support my outside heel strike.
  • Siekobilly
    Siekobilly Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Asics!!!!
    This. I'm running on a pair of GT-2170's.

I just started jogging last year, and I learned how important it can be to get fitted for shoes. I'm still on my first pair (about 7 months now) and they are awesome for my fat feet, and over pronation.
  • ashleymcn01
    ashleymcn01 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Only Brooks Glycerine's for me!!!
  • markymarrkk
    markymarrkk Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Brooks!!! omni 10
  • laurasimmons
    laurasimmons Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Saucony!
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    Brooks
    Beast
  • Erin_goBrahScience
    Erin_goBrahScience Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    In my teens it was Asics (part of athletic program), when I was in the military it was adidas. Then I was on a new balance kick.

Prior to my current pair, it was Asics and I liked them for the first few months, than they hurt my feet.

But then I went though a phase where everything I bought gave me blisters. So I got professionally fitted and it came down to a pair of Brooks and Nikes. They both had the same fit, but Nikes were on sale and were purple and neon orange...so I went with the Nikes. And I love them, it's been a long time since I have loved my shoe.
  • 20ever
    20ever Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    OK not to get off subject here but since there is 3 pages of responses I will ask this.

I get shin splints easily. What would benefit me the most for preventing this from happening?

My experience in choosing a running shoe is based on price and fit. I have never had anything else evaluated.

Suggestions.

Feel free to PM if you like to keep this thread uncluttered.
  • wannabeloser08
    Options
    I LOVE my Asics!!! :heart:
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    1. Saucony
    2. Mizuno
    3. Vibram Five Fingers
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I'm a Brooks girl. Been in them for over 10 years. Ran in the Adrenaline forever... then last year got the PureFlow. It's okay - negative drop tho. Now I'm trying out the Ravenna... less stability than the Adrenaline. Thinking of going back to my trusty Adrenaline.

But it's what works best for your foot, your gait, your body. That's it.
  • jsickman12
    jsickman12 Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    NIKE!!! Swoosh