5'6" larger frame females... Higher goal weight?!?!

Options

Replies

• Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5 and aiming for 150-190. I have such a big target because I'm going more by body fat and how I look/feel vs. the number on the scale. I used to want to be 135-140 until I started lifting weights and realized I wanted to change my body composition. My body fat now is 39% at 240 pounds (caliper tested). I'm aiming for 22%-24% BF. According to fat2fitradio.com I have around 143 pounds of LBM. There is NO WAY I could ever weigh 135-140 without being dead! :laugh: Actually fat2fit says my "ideal body weight" based on my body fat % and LBM is around 190 pounds give or take a few :smokin: If you wanna check it out, here is the link I used http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/

So I'm going to have to play this one by ear but I know I'll never be a lightweight :laugh: And I'm okay with that. Nobody can see the number on the scale. They only see how you look. Plus I'm looking forward to the looks on people's faces as I tell them my weight when I'm at my goal body :bigsmile:
  • sarahann513
    sarahann513 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Yes ma'am, I am 5'6 or 5'7... not 100% sure LOL and my goal is 150 because I feel like that is a number I'd be happy with and that I could easily maintain. I've always been told that I don't look my weight so maybe when I get to 150 I'll look like I'm 140 ;)
  • sdalhall
    sdalhall Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 148. I try not to pay too much attention to that number, because I'm wearing a size 6. When I was 21, I wore a size 6 and I weighed 125 pounds. I'm much more fit now, 17 years later, than I was then. That said, my ultimate goal weight is 139. I have had children and my stomach is a saggy mess, so it's hard to tell but I think 139 would be my most happy place.
  • debbieled32
    Options
    hi,

i'm 5'6". my lowest wieght ever was 153 and i was happy with how i looked and was going to maintain that. well i did not and going to be shooting for nothing lower then 155
    i have a pear shape so all my weight is in my lower body
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I have a larger frame and 219 currently, I want to get down to 160 first then go from there.
  • kdcshesback
    kdcshesback Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and weigh 148. I try not to pay too much attention to that number, because I'm wearing a size 6. When I was 21, I wore a size 6 and I weighed 125 pounds. I'm much more fit now, 17 years later, than I was then. That said, my ultimate goal weight is 139. I have had children and my stomach is a saggy mess, so it's hard to tell but I think 139 would be my most happy place.

OH me too me too... Can I get rid of the saggy mess with exercise and diet or will extra measures need to be taken (i.e. surgery : ( )?
  • kdcshesback
    kdcshesback Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6.5 and aiming for 150-190. I have such a big target because I'm going more by body fat and how I look/feel vs. the number on the scale. I used to want to be 135-140 until I started lifting weights and realized I wanted to change my body composition. My body fat now is 39% at 240 pounds (caliper tested). I'm aiming for 22%-24% BF. According to fat2fitradio.com I have around 143 pounds of LBM. There is NO WAY I could ever weigh 135-140 without being dead! :laugh: Actually fat2fit says my "ideal body weight" based on my body fat % and LBM is around 190 pounds give or take a few :smokin: If you wanna check it out, here is the link I used http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/ibw/

So I'm going to have to play this one by ear but I know I'll never be a lightweight :laugh: And I'm okay with that. Nobody can see the number on the scale. They only see how you look. Plus I'm looking forward to the looks on people's faces as I tell them my weight when I'm at my goal body :bigsmile:

Very useful tool... Thanks a bunch for that! Bf% should definitely be my bigger concern at this point.
  • Rays_Wife
    Rays_Wife Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options

Very useful tool... Thanks a bunch for that! Bf% should definitely be my bigger concern at this point.

If you are interested in finding your body fat % and don't have calipers or access to testing, personally I have found this online calculator to be the most accurate for me: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/cbbf/ It's the Covert Bailey Body Fat calculator on fat2fit. It was only .5% difference from my caliper results. The other two calculators were waaaay off. Like outer space off :laugh:
  • YouGonnaEatThat
    Options
    I am 5'6" and when I weighed 165, that was actually thin for my build. I have a larger build, some call it a German build (I guess their big?) I have big boobs, very muscular thighs and arms, and wide shoulders. 150 is my goal unless I get back down to 165 and realize that that is good enough for my body. Truthfully, I don't even want to be skinny. I just want to be "smooth". Wear clothes without a muffin top and not have anything jiggle except for ways that it naturally should do so. lol
  • sam_the_girl
    sam_the_girl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6 and when I did get down to 118 (when I got mono and couldn't eat) everyone was freaked out by how skinny I was and thought I should go to the doctor. I really did look like a bag of bones! I think everyone carries their weight differently. I am currently 139 and am happy with that as long as I fit into my clothes well but I do want to get to 130 as that is what I was for years and seems to be my ideal weight for my frame. I feel like that is what it boils down to, how comfortable you feel and what is normal for your body type.
  • groversa
    groversa Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I am 5'7, my goal is 145 (sw-198, cw-183)
  • Vinnie130
    Vinnie130 Posts: 21
    Options
    Just go for the higher end of the BMI chart. When I first got serious about weight loss, about 9 days ago, my goal was 130 (I'm 5'9"). Yeah, that's a bit thin but that was my weight once upon a time before I had 3 kids...but I am far from that goal! So I decided to just get to the point where my weight is no longer in the "overweight" range. I feel better about that goal and once I reach that I can reassess. Good luck!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'7" and currently 163. I was quite happy at 150, but still felt I could do a little more. My goal is 135-145, depending on how I look and feel when I get there.
  • strflt
    strflt Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and a half! I don't know my frame either, but I *seem* to be built like my mother and when she got to 120 due to medical issues, people wondered if she was on the way out.

Granted she's older and she didn't get there through exercise. Unlike my mother I am a total Pear-shape. Thinner on top (Just filling the Bs) and large on the bottom. My shirts and pants have a difference of three to four sizes depending on the brands. (and I mean 8->10->12->14 = 3 size difference) Dresses excepting for A-lines? Right out. My bum is too big for pencil skirts and most pants on the market unless I want so much gap in the back of the waist that you could fit a small country.

I'm aiming for 140 currently. If I think I can be happy eating even healthier than that, I'll try for 135, but I don't think I'll look very good less than 130.
  • iorahkwano
    iorahkwano Posts: 709 Member
    Options
    I hear for 5'6", 110-150 is the range but that definitely depends on body fat %, muscle weight & body frame. (If you google body frame and height charts for women, they usually use wrist circumference to measure body frame ).

I am 5'6" 1/2. Measurements are currently 38-30.5-39 at 148lbs.

For me, personally...

120lbs - WAY too skinny on me. I have a long lanky type build and my arms & legs looked anorexic!
    130lbs - I felt pretty fit & satisfied. Boobs were quite small though.
    135lbs - Fine
    140lbs - Fine
    145lbs - This depends if I am muscular or "skinny-fat." I've been at 144lbs twice, one time I was flabby & another time more muscular (Muscular was fine).
    148lbs - I feel like my belly & thighs are getting chubby, even with a good amount of muscle weight on me.
    150lbs - ????
  • Erica_theRedhead
    Erica_theRedhead Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6"-5'7" with a big build. I started at 278 and am down to 185 now, which was my "realistic goal". As I got below 200, I set an ideal goal for 165.

I have a big hips/thighs, and broad shoulders. I honestly wanted to be a size 8, which I reached when I was at my lowest of 179 (so close to being back there!!!). I am also lifting heavy and trying to get an athletic build, so I'll be content with more weight but with a muscular build.

You have to set a goal for yourself and trend how you lose weight as you approach it. You're body will react differently than others. You have to decide on what type of look you'd like, and know which exercises and what diet you need to keep up to get there. As you get closer to your goal re-evaluate and set a different goal if necessary.
  • laurenrenee1025
    Options
    as a size 4 in high school I still weighed 140!! I can't imagine being lower than this, i'm thinking 150 for me!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 6".. I used to be 120-130 before I had children, never have been able to get back to that since.

However, I am at 169lbs right now with a goal of 160 and I'm more fit now than I have ever been before. I am a size 6 and my BF% is 25%!

Set a goal that is attainable.. I started at 181lbs in January and aimed for 20. I most likely could have reached that goal already but I am really focusing more on gaining muscle, losing fat than what # I see on the scale.
  • kmw899
    kmw899 Posts: 41
    Options
    I'm a little taller than 5'6, almost 5'7. I've never really been thin, so I have no idea what my ideal goal weight should be. The lowest I've been is about 180.

I don't know how reliable this is, but I've heard that if you wrap your thumb and forefinger around your wrist, if it doesn't touch, you have a big frame, if your fingers touch, average and if they overlap, small.

Anyway, my current ultimate goal is 150, but I don't really have anything concrete because I have no clue what I'll look like. Can't wait to see!
  • Cook_27
    Cook_27 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10200711814380031&set=pb.1301711494.-2207520000.1363318098&type=3&theater

Don't know if that picture showed up but I am 5'6" right now and 150 pounds. I ideally want to get back down to 130 but I still think my body looks alright right now. All of my weight gain happens around my hips causing love handles and a pooch in the front. If you need motivation like I do feel free to add me as a friend
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!