Observation: Anyone on here drink cow milk?

Options

Replies

• MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    I drink it with protein shakes. Otherwise, to save calories I substitute Silk. I do both about 50/50. I prefer 2%.

If I'm having dairy the preference is cheese.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I haven't drank cow's milk since 2006. I usually prefer rice milk. I used to drink soy milk (yes I get organic so I don't want people yelling that soy is GMO) and sometimes I use vanilla almond milk in things, but I don't like the taste of almond milk on its own.
  • Improvised
    Improvised Posts: 925 Member
    Options
    LOVE me some whole cow's milk. I've tried alternative milks, but they just don't taste as yummy to me.
  • thebuxompilgrim
    thebuxompilgrim Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    We drink local, raw, organic, whole milk (and cream!) from 100% grass fed cows because real food is medicine and it's full of delicious nutritiousness. I'd take raw any day over the puss-filled, pasteurized variety with the FDA stamp of approval. As a side effect, after making the switch, I lost about 20 pounds without making any other changes to my diet or activity level.
  • xiofett
    xiofett Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I love milk, but am also lactose sensitive. I'll cook with goats milk, but don't care to drink it straight. I use almond milk for my cereal and sparingly in my tea, but what I really want is what I grew up on. Raw milk. An old man a mile down the road had a couple of dairy cows, we'd buy milk directly from him. Damnit, was that good stuff...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I drink cow's milk. However, my mother started buying skim milk when I was about 12 or 13 and I haven't drunk anything but skim since then--even 1% is too "thick."

I have no lactose issues and I like the taste of milk...especially chocolate milk after a hard run.

Yay milk! It does my body good :drinker:
  • Fit_NYC_
    Fit_NYC_ Posts: 1,389 Member
    Options
    I love cow milk. Usually drink 1% (weaned from whole over a few years) but it's just calorically efficient to go with Almond milk.
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    I drink 2%, use half and half in my coffee. I also use almond milk.
  • SwimFan1981
    SwimFan1981 Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    I don't drink cows milk.
  • lalionne
    lalionne Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    i consume cow's milk mostly in forms of cheese, yogurt, and ice cream...oh, and when it's used in cooking. very rarely do i drink it as an actual drink...i use almond milk in my coffee, and i usually drink water during the day and with dinner...but the other day i got a wicked craving for a cold glass of milk, so i had some with dinner (1%). i don't think there's anything wrong with drinking milk or ingesting dairy, as long as it's not a lot of it...you can certainly overdo it. also, i prefer almond milk in my cereal...it's SO good.
  • Calliope610
    Calliope610 Posts: 3,775 Member
    Options
    I don't drink milk often, but when I do, I drink whole cows milk. Stay thirsty my friends.
  • Crazy4Healthy
    Crazy4Healthy Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    For me it was mostly about the sugar levels. I still use plenty of other dairy products and I use milk to make yogurt. I use almond milk, but don't care for it plain, mainly use it for my protein shakes.
  • JBsCrazyGirl
    Options
    I enjoy enjoy the moo juice with chocolate or with cereal

I dont need chocolate milk, and only want cereal once every so many months :ohwell:

That being said, I would rather throw some low calorie soy milk or fat free milk maybe into coffee or smoothies in stuff with lower calories so I can use more of the good stuff! haha:laugh:
  • iceey
    iceey Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    Interesting!

It took me a while to switch to alternative milk from skim cow because I didn't like the taste. I am used to it now. I switch between soy, rice, coconut and almond. I prefer the soy for the taste, with almost and coconut second. I find rice too watery. Anyone tried hemp milk? I am curious how that is.

The downside to all these alternative milks for me is the lack of calcium. I think some alternative milks add some calcium back in, but my diet is always lacking enough calcium. But the upside is less calories and less sugar! And of course, less tummy issues.
  • iceey
    Options
    Also, forgot to add: I still prefer cream in my coffee (I can't stand using anything else), and I still eat cheese sometimes. Love me some cheese!
  • sanibelshell
    sanibelshell Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I live on a farm and we have a family cow- drink lots of raw milk. The guys drink whole milk and I opt for skim- not much difference in taste when its not processed. So glad there's still lots of milk drinkers out there- too bad there's not more local dairies instead of the huge business farms. Not a fan of store milk but have to drink it when the cow is dried off before she gives birth.
  • iceey
    Options
    I live on a farm and we have a family cow- drink lots of raw milk. The guys drink whole milk and I opt for skim- not much difference in taste when its not processed. So glad there's still lots of milk drinkers out there- too bad there's not more local dairies instead of the huge business farms. Not a fan of store milk but have to drink it when the cow is dried off before she gives birth.

I've always wanted to try milk straight from the cow. Is the taste significantly different than store milk? I imagine it is.
  • srey0701
    srey0701 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I prefer almond milk because of long shelf life. We don't go through very much milk, I only use it for one shake per day and for when my daughter asks for it (rarely).. Also it seems when I open up my gallon of cows milk, just days later it goes sour.

^ This is my other reason. Cow's milk cost me more $$$ because it just goes sour too fast for me to drink it. I can stock up on almond or soy and it stays good. It also thickens my protein shakes so they are like chocolate smoothies :drinker:

I agree!! Almond milk is GREAT in shakes!
  • HotrodsGirl0107
    HotrodsGirl0107 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I cook with milk and use it to make cornbread and milk (yummy), but I don't like the taste of milk by itself. I drink almond milk and I love the dark chocolate almond milk as a sweet treat.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I cant stand the claytons milk like soy and almond, just yuck!