one health food/meal you couldnt live without

Options
whats that one 'healthy meal' or food item that keeps you on track with your diet goals because you know it is both nutritional and tastes INCREDIBLE?
ill start.. mines definatly blueberry fro-yo!:love:

Replies

• FitBlackChick
    FitBlackChick Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I know I sound BORING but I can't live without oatmeal! You can eat it as it is, or bake it into amazing cookies and muffins! :wink:
  • alxdeanda
    alxdeanda Posts: 72
    Options
    OH my god. Frozen yogurt sounds DELICIOUS right now. hahaha
    I want to saw that it'd be the same, I just haven't had it in such a long time!
    I would say vanilla yogurt with maple brown sugar granola or eggs. haha couldn't decide. lol
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    ohh yes i completely understand! defiantly a part of my morning feast :)
  • mozzie88
    mozzie88 Posts: 33
    Options
    I love homemade almond butter!
  • wease1204
    wease1204 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    SWEET POTATO!!!!
  • jovianstorms
    jovianstorms Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I can't choose just one.... I looooove bananas and brussel sprouts and I drool at the thought of grilled mushrooms....

I spose mushrooms it is!!
    OH or seared albacore...

This is all relatively healthy, right?!
  • mamakira
    mamakira Posts: 366
    Options
    Free range eggs
    red lentils

I use them several times every week.
  • daydream_believer
    Options
    yumm! giving me the best ideas guys. keep them coming :)
  • vwkauffman
    vwkauffman Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well, Idk if you'd really call it health food, but I am kind of obsessed with frozen seedless red grapes. Much better to much on them in the evening after dinner than a couple of cookies or a scoop of ice cream.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    PIZZA
  • Annelies11
    Annelies11 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Well, Idk if you'd really call it health food, but I am kind of obsessed with frozen seedless red grapes. Much better to much on them in the evening after dinner than a couple of cookies or a scoop of ice cream.

Me too! They are so good!!
    And I also love frozen strawberries to blend with milk and protein powder for a healthy smoothie.
  • wanttogohome
    Options
    tripas they are low calorie no carbs and if you making them the old fashion way they are so fantastic i can sit eat them like popcorn LOL :)
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    I make egg/eggwhite "muffins" every week (just eggs/veggies/sometimes cottage cheese or lowfat cheese/sometimes chicken or veggie sausage crumbles..whatevers in fridge) and bake in muffin tins...that way i have healthy ready to go breakfast for weekdays..

**cause everyone at my office has bagels/muffins/donuts/sugar filled treats i'd wanna eat...
  • younginaz
    younginaz Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    tripas they are low calorie no carbs and if you making them the old fashion way they are so fantastic i can sit eat them like popcorn LOL :)

So I admit I had to google this and I further admit it was not at all what I expected. Not my up o' tea, but hey our we all can't survive on yougart :)
  • daydream_believer
    Options

So I admit I had to google this and I further admit it was not at all what I expected. Not my up o' tea, but hey our we all can't survive on yougart :)

lol. i had to google it also.
    your a strong woman to stomach that! hehe
    love the ideas guys! thanks all :)
  • rabblerabble
    rabblerabble Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Oatmeal is an essential part of my eating plan. Gets me going in the morning, inexpensive, and easy to make.

Cottage Cheese is also a good protein that needs no prep at all.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    Homemade smoothies. Frozen fruit either raspberries or blueberries, nonfat yogurt and some juice.

I'm addicted. Great substitute for a milkshake and the fruit has been great for my skin!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Plain fat free greek yogurt!
  • GurleyGirl524
    GurleyGirl524 Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    I have 2. Eggs and strawberries
  • Karabobarra
    Karabobarra Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter, Oatmeal, Raw Almonds