Motorcycles who rides?

Options

Replies

• jriehl08
    jriehl08 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Cali guy here who gets to ride all year long ;). First bike was a 07 Suzuki gs500f then it got stolen and now have a 99 Suzuki SV650. Next bike will either be a new SV650 or a Ducati monster

I traded my 05 GS500F on my 650 vstar. Nice bike i did some customizing on it then traded in for the cruiser to make a bagger out of it. I needed the storage for the commute to and from work plus I love the look.
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,472 Member
    Options
    i like this post.
  • lilteepot
    lilteepot Posts: 97
    Options
    I drive a trusty old 83 Hondamatic. I'll probably be laughed off the site for this, but I learned how to drive it before I learned how to drive a car, and I'll always be faithful to my little clutchless wonder. :)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    2000 Suzuki SV650. Currently attempting to sell it because I want to move up to something a bit higher end and more track-ready. But if I can't find a buyer by a certain deadline I've set, I'm going to go ahead and start upgrading this bike instead.
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    VTX 1300. Kinda want to sell it though. Kids are young and I don't really get any free time these days to ride. Everywhere I go, it's in a car with carseats...arghh! (I love it, though) :)
  • DanceFittDiva
    DanceFittDiva Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have an 06' Suzuki GSX-R 1000. I've been riding for about 7 yrs. I've taken it on the track at VIR once. Hope to get back up there this summer.

If I knew how to add pics, I would, but I don't... lol
  • HealthWoke0ish
    HealthWoke0ish Posts: 2,078 Member
    Options
    ok go ahead and laugh

Ihave a 150cc scooter

goes up to 69mph

I have toured VT with it with my parents who ride harleys

I got it to save money on gas but I just love the thing.

Yes let the jokes commence I know......

2 wheels is 2 wheels. Those bigger scooters like the Burgman will go faster than a Harley will, and they handle a lot better because they have better ground clearance, so you aren't scraping floorboards around every curve.

I haven't ridden a scooter in years, but I don't hate...they're fun! Whenever I see one go zipping past, I think, "Dang, that guy/girl is having a great day." :)
  • bzmommy34
    bzmommy34 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    2010 Harley Softail Deluxe - and I'm dying here in balmy MN! The snow just won't stop!

My husband rides either his '99 HD Fatboy or his '04 Big Dog K9 chopper. The last two summers have been low miles. I was dealing with some health issues that are finally out of sight so this summer we plan on riding - every single day!
  • jriehl08
    Options
    This thread has really taken off. Glad to see all the different people and bikes that you all ride.
  • teepeetim
    teepeetim Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    All these great stories !

I learned to ride in -20 temperatures of January February. Working for the police, I transferred to traffic to get on motorcycles (and free training).
    We would learn at a gigantic parking lot, next to our unit, on the full-sized Harley's with sidecars attached for winter. Man I froze my nutz off.
    Once we perfected all the clutching, shifting, braking, they took off the training wheels (sidecars) by spring and away we went.
    I remember the toughest part of my test was turning the Harley around , without riding the clutch, within one parking space.
    After we mastered the Harley's we had to further our training on the BMW's.
    I rode those Harley's for a long time after that.
    After a lot of riding, I bought my own VFR750 and then went through a lot of sport bikes, even an RC30, and kept going until I was out at the track racing all the time. So much fun.
    The last 5 years have slowed me down, but I think this year I may be back riding.

Thanks for this thread, I now have the bug again.
  • Missellaneous02
    Missellaneous02 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    This thread has really taken off. Glad to see all the different people and bikes that you all ride.

I agree. For once, a thread people aren't b*tching and arguing in! lol
  • danimalkeys
    danimalkeys Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    It is a nifty scooter
    I bought it cheap because I couldnt afford much
    People make fun of me too cuz it is a japenese no name
    I try to tell them I have a kid and live alone with bills
    but they dont want to hear it

People are really mean sometimes when it comes to two wheels

At any rate
    I love the thing it is a blast on hot days

and costs me about six bucks a week to go to work!

Just ignore it and ride your ride. I get the same thing about my Concours. "Get a real bike" "Jap crap" etc. Yeah, it's 155 horsepower, goes 0-60 in 3 seconds, can do a cross country trip without a problem, runs circles around any cruiser, but because it doesn't have a certain logo on the tank, it's not a real bike. Usually said by some guy dressed like a pirate whose bike gets 500 miles a year put on it and has never seen rain.
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    My father used to ride back in the 1970s. He owned a Honda CB350 as his first bike and upgraded to a custom built 400cc Honda Cafe Racer when he got rid of it. That apparently got stolen shortly before I was born and my father never bothered getting a new bike until, in 2008, I bought my first bike and he got the bug again from seeing me learning to ride. He originally wanted something that reminded him of the bikes he used to ride, so he went vintage, but it's so hard to find clean, well-kept examples of bikes from the late 60s and 70s. He bought a Kawasaki 400 that appeared to be in good shape but he only got about a single season's use out of it before it started having all kinds of problems as a result of being poorly kept and left to sit. So now, he is currently in the market for a middleweight Japanese-built cruiser. He prefers Hondas Shadow line because he's a Honda guy (all the bikes he's ever owned in the past were Hondas).
  • jriehl08
    Options

I agree. For once, a thread people aren't b*tching and arguing in! lol

There you go its going to start now. uuugggg lol
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    Main bike is an '02 Yamaha Fazer1000, 1978 Yamaha RD250 (in Kenny Roberts colours) is my toy and mainly just a garage decoration.

Varied past including racing for 10 years (not very successfully!), advanced riding instruction, track days and a few trips to the TT (watching not racing - I'm not that brave).
    Now in my 37th year of riding.
  • Tat2dDom0105
    Options
    I owned a 2007 Harley Davidson Streetbob back in 2009..........but sold it in 2010. I wasn't riding it that much, so decided to unload it.
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Long time rider here, started at 10 years old with a Suzuki TS185.

Current ride is a 1999 Ducati Monster 750. I normally ride year round, but mine is currently sitting waiting for me to put a new chain, timing belts and check valve clearances.

JM

I also started on a Suzuki TS185, only I was over 40! That bike is sitting in my garage waiting for me to fix it up and ride it again. Also sitting beside it is my Kawasaki Vulcan 750, waiting for me to replace the stator (which I got for Valentine's Day from my hubby).

My current ride is a Yamaha FZ6R. I traded my HD XL1200L for it a couple of years ago. (I got tired of dragging parts in the twisties!)

DSCF2102.jpg

Unfortunately, haven't ridden much since I started trying to lose weight. When the weather is good, I opt for the calorie burn of the bicycle instead. (2 wheels is better than 4, right?) I'm looking forward to getting some riding in soon! I will have to buy new motorcycle pants, since the old ones fall off of me now!
  • contingencyplan
    Options
    Long time rider here, started at 10 years old with a Suzuki TS185.

Current ride is a 1999 Ducati Monster 750. I normally ride year round, but mine is currently sitting waiting for me to put a new chain, timing belts and check valve clearances.

JM

I also started on a Suzuki TS185, only I was over 40! That bike is sitting in my garage waiting for me to fix it up and ride it again. Also sitting beside it is my Kawasaki Vulcan 750, waiting for me to replace the stator (which I got for Valentine's Day from my hubby).

My current ride is a Yamaha FZ6R. I traded my HD XL1200L for it a couple of years ago. (I got tired of dragging parts in the twisties!)

DSCF2102.jpg

Unfortunately, haven't ridden much since I started trying to lose weight. When the weather is good, I opt for the calorie burn of the bicycle instead. (2 wheels is better than 4, right?) I'm looking forward to getting some riding in soon! I will have to buy new motorcycle pants, since the old ones fall off of me now!

The FZ6R is a GREAT bike, and if only they came with higher end suspension components I would happily trade my SV650 in on one.
  • DrFlave
    DrFlave Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I currently have a 2010 Suzuki SFV650. I've been riding for about 18 years. Last year was the first year I started commuting to work on the bike every day. Can't wait till the nicer weather!
  • jriehl08
    Options
    How do you like the gladius?