What do you eat at a Mexican food restaurant?

Options

Replies

• emmymcq
    emmymcq Posts: 278 Member
    Options
    Fajitas are the best. You can assemble your own and take the extra meat home for another time.

I'm with you there.

Yep, I always order fajitas.
  • JoanB5
    JoanB5 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I do a chicken Quesadilla, rice, lettuce...but only eat about half of it.

WARNING: 1 oz of chips on my bag of tortilla chips in my cabinet is SIX CHIPS. For 150 calories. That is 25 calories PER CHIP. I've sworn them off for the most part. I can think of much better ways to spend 25 calories than one chip. That has been my biggest shock since I started MFP.
  • mwooderson
    mwooderson Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    I get a fajita salad with no meat or cheese and the veggies raw. Salsa as the salad dressing and avocado with jalapeno's on top. No chips. You get a spicy fresh dish and leave stuffed.
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    Grilled chicken strips with California blend veggies, rice, refried beans and cheese sauce. Soft tortilla shells on the side
  • eileen0515
    eileen0515 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I limit my dining out, so I eat what I want, when I do. I do usually make two meals out of it. Doggie bags are your friend.
  • sweetbippy
    sweetbippy Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    The fish tacos with a double side of veggies instead of rice, Grilled Chicken with extra grilled veggies, I use all the side veggies they bring with salsa for a salad with a side of guacamale. The chips are about 140 cal. for 7, and the flour tortillas aroun 100, so i usually skip those. You can always ask them to limit the oil. Sangria has far fewer calories than a Margarita. If you don't go all the time, pick what you really want, and limit the side things that add up so quickly, and enjoy yourself.
  • vintagechick28
    Options
    LOL!
  • salcha76
    salcha76 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    avoid the margs.....i know it's hard....if ya need a drink do vodka water...margs are evil...in many ways....if you must have chips, count out a portion & thats that. no eating the entire basket....
  • Nitabug36
    Nitabug36 Posts: 65
    Options
    Grilled chicken nachos, grilled shrimp, chicken cheese over rice, the list could go on..... Of course the drinks.... Mexican food is my weakness. I use to go twice a week, now I may go twice a month
  • 2EggsSeparated
    Options
    I have never been to a mexican place!!! Makes me sad :sad:

^This does not compute! :cry:

Haha..It's crazy, I know!!

Why haven't you ever been to a mexican restaurant? Don't you have one where you live?
  • Dr_Flo
    Dr_Flo Posts: 465
    Options
    I have never been to a mexican place!!! Makes me sad :sad:

WHAT?!

Where do you live? Even Hawaii has Mex..
  • keepitcroosh
    keepitcroosh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Dont have bread or refried beans ( i found out they are made with LARD!!). You can have a taco, if they have whole wheat options, opt for that. Chances they dont, you can always ask for a taco, but no tortilla. Limit your sour cream, cheese etc. Maybe even choose one or the other. Might look funny in your plate, but who cares. Also opt for veggies/salad instead of rice.
  • Amypascoe
    Amypascoe Posts: 12
    Options
    Steak or chicken taco with corn tortilla instead of flour. :) Or fajitas. Either way, yum!
  • tigermom12
    Options
    I won't be doing chips or margaritas. I will either get chicken fajitas with no tortillas or chicken tortilla soup.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    bean burritos with rice and enchaladas
  • vkc1978
    vkc1978 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thats TERRIBLE!!! You should defnintely find a good one... Ojedas on Maple in Dallas, thats the best one ever :)
  • jessilyn76
    jessilyn76 Posts: 532 Member
    Options
    Corona........and if you have enough of them, you won't really care what you eat.:drinker:
  • JAGgirl47
    JAGgirl47 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Albondiga soup
  • BoomstickChick
    BoomstickChick Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    When I was actively trying to lose weight, I usually always had soft tacos with ground turkey, or chicken. I mean, tacos really aren't that bad for you when you think about it. Even Taco Bell, the Doritos taco is 170 calories, with sour cream I believe.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Mexicans