What do you eat at a Mexican food restaurant?

Options

Replies

• drchimpanzee
    drchimpanzee Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    I usually order a burger.
  • JuzDuIt
    JuzDuIt Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Fajitas for sure! Easy on the oil. Hold the tortillas and keep the chips! Guac and a tiny bit of sour cream... Extra salsa!

And sadly, no margarita...

But a shot of tequilla could be a splurge! Ole! :laugh:
  • supergirljen
    Options
    Chimichanga plate, or one of their combo plates that have that as part of it.. then add some extra sour cream..

Me too! Except I think the OP was looking for the healthy options?! But I say if you're going to eat Mexican, go all out and then move on. :)
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos on corn tortillas, veggies only, no cheese and no sauces. :) Delicious!
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    Everything I can fit in my BELLAY.

And tequila.

Yup me too!!
  • bsuew
    bsuew Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    chicken fajitas, I don't eat the shells. The place we go has zucchini and yellow squash in theirs. Tomatoes plus onions and peppers. A side of lettuce with tomatoes. Yummy!!
  • stina1980
    stina1980 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Shrimp or Chicken Fajitas w/ corn tortillas and charro beans. I will use salsa, pico de gallo or a little guacamole. No corn chips, cheese or sour cream.
  • RingSize8
    RingSize8 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Chilaquiles Rojos. ...all those chips, and eggs, and cotija cheese, and crema, with a tiny sprig of cilantro, and a side of rice and beans. Mmmmm. Also, when I was last in Kauai, it was my personal goal to enjoy every form of fish based Mexican food I could. Mahi Mahi chimichangas, Ono burritos, Ahi nachos, fish flautas, fish tacos, fish taco salad, fish tortas, fish fajitas, fish quesadillas. Damn I miss Hawaii.
  • cecyvaquero
    cecyvaquero Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    If they have pozole get pozole of chicken breast. Its like a soup with corn and chicken breast. It might be spicy and you can add onion, oregano & cabbage to it. I love it and it is low in calories. Its all healthy.
  • jaynalawayna
    jaynalawayna Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I've had the opportunity to go to a Mexican restaurant exactly 1 time since I really started watching my diet - I ordered a chile rellano a la carte (because I love them) then had them give me a side salad with dressing on the side
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    CEVICHE!!!! one of the healthiest dishes in the world!!!!!!!!! FINELY CUBED raw Fish/shrimp cooked BY the acid in lime juice( no fire needed).....then you add RAW:bigsmile:
    Diced Tomato
    Diced Onions
    chopped Cilantro
    Chopped Jalapeno pepper
    Sea salt.....

stir it all togethere

and serve over a Tostada!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!:devil:

P.S goes well with a cold Corona!!

END OF THREAD!!!!!
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fajitas are the best. You can assemble your own and take the extra meat home for another time.

I'm with you there.

This is what I had the other day!

Mostly because it's meat and veggies, and you can make your own tacos. Stay away from flour. eat half of the rice- and eat the beans.

Also- if they have Alambres ( Shish Kabobs) those are a great choice. Tortillas chips i try to stay away from - I might have 5 and some salsa and then thats its- Too much salt and i get crazy with chips.
  • jacalennejax
    jacalennejax Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    CEVICHE!!!! one of the healthiest dishes in the world!!!!!!!!! FINELY CUBED raw Fish/shrimp cooked BY the acid in lime juice( no fire needed).....then you add RAW:bigsmile:
    Diced Tomato
    Diced Onions
    chopped Cilantro
    Chopped Jalapeno pepper
    Sea salt.....

stir it all togethere

and serve over a Tostada!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!:devil:

P.S goes well with a cold Corona!!

END OF THREAD!!!!!

^^^ This- BTW. You are awesome for mentioning this- totally skipped my mind.
  • eaglefallsapart
    Options
    I usually have the corn tortilla tacos with chicken and cilantro (no sauce or onions added) with ranchero beans or rice but I usually have either one or the other, not both. Hope you have a wonderful day out eating Mexican food :)
  • Krootie
    Krootie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hot Chicken Chimichanga with rice and beans side dishes at a Mexican family run business - is my favorite. Haven't added it to my food list, not sure I could as it's all a secret family recipe. Carbs probably are over our permitted amount.
  • maryann92201
    maryann92201 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Definitely fajita. Shrimp or chicken. No tortillas. I do splurge and use a little sour cream, but skip the cheese. Probably should skip the refried beans as well even though I dearly love them. LOL!!
  • mmuz
    mmuz Posts: 6
    Options
    I like the tacos dorados and lots of avacado slices and lettuce and don't forget the sour cream and salsa. :smile:
  • TracyJo93
    TracyJo93 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I get a taco salad with chicken and sour cream on the side. I don't eat the fried shell bowl that it comes in, just the insides. I indulge in chips and salsa, because they aren't too bad. Drink some water instead of sugary soda and you'll do fine :) We eat Mexican all the time!
  • morningmud
    morningmud Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I'm going out for Mexican tonight too. I usually go for grilled chicken quesadillas or chicken fajitas.
  • sugboog29
    sugboog29 Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Chicken fajitas (made with no oil), no sour cream and no tortilla's! Ask for extra veggies and extra pico de gallo...yummy!