WTF, Who Says That?!?!?!?!?

Options
On our one rare night out....

Me: What do you want to do?
Him: Drink.
Me: I want to play pool.
Him: Ok. Find out where we can play pool and drink. Make sure there's a lot of girls.
Me: WTF, What does that matter?
Him: I don't want to go to a place where I have to look at a bunch of guys playing pool.

As if I'm not already super self conscious of my appearance right now. Thanks.
I know it's just typical guy talk, but I thought guys had that guy code crap of things you just don't say.

Replies

• erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    Well, who is "he" to you?
  • YAYJules
    YAYJules Posts: 282 Member
    Options

Yeah,if it's yourbrothe, there is no problem.
  • YAYJules
    Options

Yeah,if it's yourbrothe, there is no problem.

Dammit, brother!
  • RainHoward
    RainHoward Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options
    If he's your sig other I think it's time to trade in for a new model. If not, no worries.
  • erinpd
    erinpd Posts: 96
    Options
    Exactly. If that's your boyfriend, well...

He ain't. Sorry, honey.
  • YAYJules
    Options
    Exactly. If that's your boyfriend, well...

He ain't. Sorry, honey.

Word.
  • kitty_764
    kitty_764 Posts: 64
    Options
    'He' is a d*ck.
  • garryt1980
    garryt1980 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    He had better be a friend and not a boyfriend... Because wow...
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options

Him: Ok. Find out where we can play pool and drink. Make sure there's a lot of girls.
    Him: I don't want to go to a place where I have to look at a bunch of guys playing pool.

I know it's just typical guy talk, but I thought guys had that guy code crap of things you just don't say.

He's being an a**hole! And he said it on purpose. What I don't understand is, what kind of FUN night did he think he was going to have with you, if he made you mad? It seriously would have irritated me so bad, his night would have sucked bc I would have had an attitude. Some guys are just not too bright. If he had said something like, "dress really hot tonight so I can check out your cleavage and your a*s while you bend over to shoot" then his night would have been amazing, bc you would have felt really good. Don't guys get that?

Once my friend and I were going for a girl's night. We went to a bar first to say hi to my bf at the bar before we went out for our night with the other girls. When we walked in my bf said to me, "why can't you look hot like your friend Jennifer?" WTF?

Moral of story: Boys are jerks, throw rocks at them, lol.
  • _Lori_Lynn_
    _Lori_Lynn_ Posts: 460
    Options
    He had better be a friend and not a boyfriend... Because wow...

I hope he's a friend NOW, bc she dumped him.
  • bjean1964
    bjean1964 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    FAIL!

:noway:
  • elisa123gal
    elisa123gal Posts: 4,290 Member
    Options
    you must decide; do you want to lose him before the weight or after. I think if this man is your husband or boyfriend. His comment shows total lack of respect for you and it shows who he truly is. If he treats you like that because you are overweight it shows he has a lack of character and kindness. Your instincts to question him are right on.
  • diabloben68
    Options

Its not typical guy talk.
  • haley255
    haley255 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    ooooo... nooooo that's not okay.
  • Ed98043
    Ed98043 Posts: 1,333 Member
    Options
    Maybe what he meant was "I don't want to go to a sausage-fest where a bunch of guys are watching YOU play pool". Either way, not cool.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Huh?

Edit: I'm confused can someone give me an idea of whats going on
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    That guy is just a disaster, that is not typical guy talk. But lets reverse it, because either way you should have went out to a lesbian bar instead. So he didn't have to look at guys.

Him: Ok. Find out where we can play pool and drink. Make sure there's a lot of guys.
    Him: I don't want to go to a place where I have to look at a bunch of girls playing pool.

cheers! :flowerforyou:
  • CherokeeBabe
    CherokeeBabe Posts: 1,704 Member
    Options
    Yea....

"Who says that?" = Single Guys.

I could understand if you were in a very open and comfortable relationship, where that kind of thing is already accepted and fine between you, but based on you making a whole thread about it, I'm guessing that's not the case here. IF it's your BF or hubby, YOU should be his focus, not others.
  • BondBomb
    BondBomb Posts: 1,781 Member
    Options
    Did you go? Did he check out other girls?
    Sometimes I am amazed at what women tolerate.
  • SpeSHul_SnoflEHk
    SpeSHul_SnoflEHk Posts: 6,256 Member
    Options

There's a guy code?