12 week get ready for summer!!

Options

Replies

• momof377
    momof377 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    So in response to the Challenge question from above. I'm not going to be doing specific challenges weekly. This will be an open forum for people to ask questions and support each other. I may post videos or workouts which we can all try. I will not be able to get back to everyone individually but I will try my best to help everyone. Post questions on the board and each week I will take the time to address some questions. The first 15 suggestions are posted and I want everyone to print it out and post on the FRIDGE and try and follow all of those guidelines for week 1. Go get IT!! I'm off to the gym now will check back in 2m.

Mike, are you going to start a "group" for this challenge so we can just check in and post under that?
  • zoeysasha37
    zoeysasha37 Posts: 7,088 Member
    Options
    I'm in! Need to loose about 25 lbs pounds
  • alisonhammond
    Options
    Hi I would also love to join you.would like to lose 28lb in time for my annual visit to royal ascot at the end of june.
  • savannahkyle
    Options
    Count me in please !!!!! Looking forward to the upcoming 12 weeks...Need to loose....want to feel great and be proud of myself..boosting self-esteem never hurts. THANKS so much for this. Will post measurements shortly, now bring it on !!!!!
  • cryswest57
    cryswest57 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    If you could help me, I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm 5'1" and I'm 150 lbs. right now. I'm 5 months post-partum. My stomach is getting nicer as the months pass. I just have a small pouch from my c-section that I want to get rid of, and if possible, toner arms. I have larger bone body frame so I won't be really thin. I'd like to get to 130 lbs. by the summer if possible.
  • Kidostud
    Kidostud Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Count me in too, please!
  • pszentmariaybrooks
    Options
    Okay Mike, I'm in. I am 5'9 and 209 I would love to be down to 170 if possible. I've lost over 20 lbs already since jan. and haven't given up yet so lets have at it.
    Thanks, Paula
  • healthby40
    healthby40 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I want to join. I need all the help and motivation I can get.
  • NipsGhost
    NipsGhost Posts: 46
    Options
    Whoo hoo.. just did a brisk 15 minute walk, didn't slow down just kept on going. I may have lasted longer if I didn't have the in-training pup with me. Tonight I'll leave him at home.

BUT, I did it! I brisk-walked, in the cold morning. In front of traffic. Around PEOPLE! My ears are cold, my legs are burning, but I feel good and there's a smile on my face.

Thanks for the motivation (I had almost talked myself out of walking this morning)
  • theskinnyonme
    theskinnyonme Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Count me in.
  • Lainny21
    Lainny21 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 5'4.5" SW-141 pounds
    CW-137 pounds.
    GW-127-130 pounds

Chest-37 inches Waist- 26.25 inches Hips-39.25 inches

I'm looking forward to this! Anyone can feel free to add me. :)
  • cazzawazza75
    Options
    HI Mike, count me in as I have joined MFP today and this looks great!

Caz
  • mikeyo30
    mikeyo30 Posts: 28
    Options
    please add me. want to lose 2 pounds a week. and I will be at the weight your at now lol. that is my goal.
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    Options
    Count me in .. sounds great (even though I'm heading into winter) :) ...

Sorry, did answer the questions - I'm Julie, I've been watching what I eat for the last 4 weeks - only 1 on MFP - and I was aiming to start incorporating cardio starting on Monday so this fits in well.

Are you Australian/a New Zealander?

Australian - Perth, West Coast

I've never been, but my sister spent a year in Australia and loved Perth. I'm English.
  • domesticatedfeminist
    Options
    I'll give it a try.

I am 5'4, starting at 161. Total goal is 125. I would like to lose 18 lbs during this challenge, that is 1.5 lbs a week.
  • mikehart164
    mikehart164 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Awesome breakfast idea. Remember food allergies when reading this.

1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 cup fruit of choice
    1-2 cups spinach
    1 tbsp ground flax
    1 banana
    1/2 cup carrots
    Add Cinnamon and Ginger to taste they will help with hunger and blood sugar stability.

BLEND UNTIL SMOOTH enjoy daily for breakfast can swap different fruits daily and different leafy greens. (Kale romaine etc.)
  • cazzawazza75
    Options
    That smoothie looks fab, would never have thought to add carrots. Will try that out, thank you.
  • angless21
    angless21 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I need more friends to help motivation me. Please add me. :smile:
  • annascrapper
    annascrapper Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm in and excited about this! Thanks Mike!
  • vguynes
    vguynes Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Hello. Please add me to your challenge. I'm not on Facebook and would love the at-home workouts.