the disgrace that is dominos!!

Options

Replies

• neandermagnon
    neandermagnon Posts: 7,436 Member
    Options
    I think this is an important point... when I was young, a medium pizza was supposed to serve 2-3 people, and a large pizza 3-4 people, and pizza restaurants did mini single serving pizzas for one person.

I'm glad someone else remembers those. I remember when I was young that our monthly treat was going to the cinema and Pizza Hut afterwards. They did individual pizzas which were about the size of a size plate - but I've noticed that nobody seems to do these now. From my observations the smallest size of pizza from anywhere is 9", but quite often 12" and people treat the 12" as one portion.

Now personally I bloody hate cold pizza (or reheated pizza) so if there's nobody to share it with I just don't get one. The other thing is that I don't like high-street pizzas anymore - if I have one I'll go to an independent who's doing proper wood-fired pizza oven jobs that are ultra thin/crispy and not so loaded with fat that the box they come in go transparent.

yes those are the ones. I remember going to pizza restaurants with my mum and eating those.

I totally love cold pizza for breakfast!! If I ever did get a medium pizza all to myself, I'd divide it into 3 meals.... 1 to have then, and the other two to have for breakfast the two following days....

I used to think cold pizza for breakfast was crazy.... until I tried it!!
  • S_Arr_Uh
    S_Arr_Uh Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    How does anyone eat a whole pizza by themselves? O_o; Whether tracking or not, I always ever had 2 slices, maybe 3 if I'm hungry enough. Props to you.
  • AllonsYtotheTardis
    AllonsYtotheTardis Posts: 16,947 Member
    Options
    1368 / 8 = 171. So, two slices = 342. Add in a side salad with oil/vinegar and you've got yourself a decent meal and it is something generally on the dieters "sin" list.

Guess my point is you don't have to eat the whole pizza ya know?
    Exactly. I could easily fit 4 slices into a long run day, and still have room for a couple of glasses of red wine. And a Pop-Tart.

QFT! but I'll switch the wine for a starbucks hazelnut machiato - tastes better with the poptart
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Personally, I prefer the Costco deli's pizza slices. They have over 700 calories per slice so I have them cut it in half and share it with whomever is shopping with me. I have one (well, a half) every time I shop there!
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had a Dominoes pizza
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Chain pizza joints are awful in every way
  • tigerblue
    tigerblue Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    Stop at whatever number of slices your goals allow. This really doesn't have to be all or nothing.

So true!!!!

If I thought I'd never get pizza again id give up!

Of course, I long for the days when I could eat as much pizza as I wanted. . . .
  • kar328
    kar328 Posts: 4,156 Member
    Options
    I won a large pizza from Papa John's (similar to Dominos, even with toppings) on SuperBowl Sunday for guessing the coin toss. It was just a few weeks after I started all this, and I live alone. I got the pizza, all eight slices of it and made it last for seven days - had two slices on the first day when I hadn't eaten much at that point. AT 290 calories each, I fit it in. I tossed the toppings because they're simply not worth it to me, but enjoyed the pizza a slice at a time.

There's no reason not to eat what you love. I have chocolate and/or ice cream in some form, probably every day. If you want it, you can fit it in. Just not all of it at one time.
  • zhvah18
    zhvah18 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Many others have beat me to pointing out that the calories you quoted is for the whole pizza, but I have to ask, why are you eating the whole pizza? Just have a couple of slices and don't drink the garlic butter, you'll be good.
  • Fleshgodful
    Options
    Since joining this website I have realised just how much the calories in food add up over the course of the day, making my unexplainable weight gain extremely explainable!

Is anybody else shocked at the calorie and fat content of Dominos Pizza?

For example a medium veggie supreme pizza contains 1,368 cals - my daily goal is 1,380!! Not to mention the garlic and herb dips, they contain 174 cals each. My friend has four tubs of the stuff when she has a Dominos, adding 696 cals to her day and a ton of fat before she has even ate any pizza!! :sick: :sick:
    What's with the fatphobia? Fat isn't bad for you. Only trans fat is. Have fun messing up your hormones with all this low fat bs.
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    ...you eat the entire pizza? :huh:

I ate one piece of pizza yesterday and two ice cream cones...all within my calorie goals.
  • adorable_aly
    adorable_aly Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I can eat a Medium dominos all to myself if its been a light calorie day! Yes portion control is great, if you have self control, which I lack sometimes. And personally I'm not going to spend £10-15 on a pizza just to throw it away! If there's left overs I would have it for breakfast, but I'm still putting that junk in my body, whether its spread out over one day or three.

I'm just don't order it anymore, or I order it knowing full well the consequences and deal with it.

X
  • Gwyn1969
    Gwyn1969 Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    pre-made cornmeal crust
    pesto
    goat cheese
    spinach
    sun-dried tomatoes
    portobello mushrooms
    put in oven and bake

OR

dominos? Hmmm....

I guess I'm a food snob.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    When I've had a long day and my daughter has gymnastics until 7pm, I'll stop at the Dominos that is right next to her gym and get a medium, thin and crispy pizza with pineapple. About 500 calories for half a pizza not bad and delicious! Then I wrap the rest in plastic wrap and eat a little bit at a time. I cannot understand why someone would be shocked at the number of calories in a WHOLE pizza. I am pretty sure I've never eaten a whole pizza in one sitting. I cannot imagine that I ever would.
  • jayche
    jayche Posts: 1,128 Member
    Options
    Since joining this website I have realised just how much the calories in food add up over the course of the day, making my unexplainable weight gain extremely explainable!

For example a medium veggie supreme pizza contains 1,368 cals - my daily goal is 1,380!! Not to mention the garlic and herb dips, they contain 174 cals each. My friend has four tubs of the stuff when she has a Dominos, adding 696 cals to her day and a ton of fat before she has even ate any pizza!! :sick: :sick:
    There was a time when I ate 2 medium pizzas everyday (the 5.99 deal) for about 2-3 weeks. Probably not a good idea for weight loss though.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Listen, if you like pizza, it's unrealistic to expect you to not want to eat it. The goal is just to not eat it all the time and at a cost to your calorie deficit.

Pizza hut do a good personal size pizza with thin crust and it's about 4 healthy slices. Comes to around 600 I believe with veggie toppings. Now if you're having a good calorie day and maybe exercised and have some calories to eat back...it's doable.
  • geebusuk
    geebusuk Posts: 3,348 Member
    Options
    Go for a decent hour and a half run before and you can have the dip too :).

But yes, a whole medium pizza is quite a decent meal in the grand scheme of things - I can easily eat more than a whole large Dominos, but mostly try not to these day.
  • cgarand
    cgarand Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    Who eats a whole freaking pizza? I have a healthy appetite but even on a hungry day I couldn't put away a whole pizza!
  • lilmissbamaqueen
    Options

1368 / 8 = 171. So, two slices = 342. Add in a side salad with oil/vinegar and you've got yourself a decent meal and it is something generally on the dieters "sin" list.

Guess my point is you don't have to eat the whole pizza ya know?

That's what I was thinking.... I can get 3-4 meals out of a pizza.
  • thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    But you guys, pizza is a vegetable!